View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 11:44 PM   #32
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Send a message via AIM to mckpat03
Not much to update with, lately, as I've been trying to let my money recover a little bit, lol. Still trying to get the boost figured out, still need to reroute the coolant reservoir lines, and still need to get the hood fixed/painted. As long as I'm not too lazy, I'll have the coolant lines done this weekend. If all goes to plan, I should be getting the hood fixed and painted next week. Still kind of concerned about the AFRs with the drop in pump I bought, too. Will probably have to get an 044 and be done with it. One of the most pressing issues that I've started to notice is that the front subframe is loose/squeaky/klunky, which is a common problem (not just the R32, but all MKV, MKVI, etc). Going to have to get the collar/bolt kit that fixes the subframe in place.

Otherwise, I've just been doing stupid stuff. The tail lights were way too dark. I wet sanded and polished them and I still think they're too dark. I sanded a little extra around the center clear looking light which is actually an amber turn signal to hopefully make it more visible. I think the left is lighter than the right, which seems obvious in the pictures but less so in person. All of the pictures pretty much suck at displaying the lights.

Originally they were basically black.
IMG_6214 by Pat, on Flickr

Then, the other week, I tried sanding and polishing just the center where the turn signal is. It was okay, but I still hated that the rest was essentially black.
IMG_6273 by Pat, on Flickr

And then I sanded and polished the entirety of the lights. It's better, and good enough for now, but I still don't like it.
IMG_6361 by Pat, on Flickr
mckpat03 is offline   Reply With Quote