HQuakers
Tri-State Addict

Member #6849

My Ride:
97 Jeep Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by den9 View Post
might be easier to order the parts that color
All the parts aren't interchangeable, so I don't want to buy some that are already black and then have the other's painted and have them not match...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
...and no serious car person will paint your seats either
I don't want my seats done...I just want the trim on the dash and door vents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
oo if its metal trim peices im pretty sure they can be powdercoated
Not metal..plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_GSR View Post
you said you tried painting them twice already with no luck. how much paint is on the pieces right now? is there any prepwork that needs to be done because of scratches or damage from painting/prepping before? also, what's the turn-around time? i.e. if i get the trim pieces on a saturday morning, do you need them back sat night? if not, what's the timeframe?
I just tried painting the center dash trim. I have a spare that's not painted. Everything else I want painted hasn't been touched yet. Turn around time can be anything...these pieces are not essential to have when driving the car, so whatever a standard time would be is fine. As for prep work...they might have some small light scuffs on them from normal use, but no deep scratches or anything.

My list of things I want painted are:

Left and Right door vent surround (I know the Holden CV8Z picture has a satin black on these, but I want them gloss like the rest)
Gauge cluster surround
Center dash trim (actually two pieces)

Thanks for the responses.
HQuakers is offline   Reply With Quote