View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #65909
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshell View Post
wow. did you come up with that one yourself nick? ouch...







Apparently, "complicated" wasn't the right word. I understand and appreciate how Alton Brown breaks things down scientifically and to show the fundamentals of cooking to help his viewers understand processes, why, how-to... all that jazz. What I was getting at is that he sometimes just goes too far. There's a known statement in cooking and baking that basically explains that less ingredients is more. Sometimes, I just want a recipe that's easy to make, with few ingredients and huge flavor. When I have time, sure, throw a big, huge, complicated, long-list-of-ingredients recipe at me and I'll knock it out no problem. I like cooking and baking. No need to tell me to get in the kitchen... I'd probably already be in there.
i feel like you contradicted yourself a bit. either way you should definitely be making us all lunch instead of posting. :tst:
CHAOS is offline