View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #50315
piku
Tri-State Addict
 
piku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bradentucky, FL
Member #12166

My Ride:
335i/M3

iTrader: (0)
Sup. I haven't been the ren faire in like 15 years. I should probably go again sometime since people I went to high school with probably still work there. Last night I got the diff ear bushings installed which was an absolute riot. (The diff cover looks like a mickey mouse head with bushings in both ears). They went in like butter. An air chisel really is the best tool for getting stuck bushings out too ;) I'm a huge fan now. Last night was also a really special night. I installed the new rear shocks ;) First new part in the car! All I have to do is press out/in 4 ball joints in the trailing arms and press in one small bushing on the subframe and I'm done with bushings and ball joints on the entire car (for now).

In the interest of getting the car back on the road, I'm going to skip tie rods for now. The strut mount bearing seems to have been what was binding up my steering.

My parts pile is really starting to shrink and my bushing bag in the freezer is almost empty. w00t.
piku is offline