TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Entertainment (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   red dead redemption (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98758)

massone 05-12-2010 11:24 AM

red dead redemption
 
anybody else waiting for the 18th to come along? game is looking ridiculous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJG76lUbZm4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S_5N...eature=related

dnasty2g 05-12-2010 01:19 PM

Cant wait! Most likely picking it up on the 18th. Really looking forward to the online multiplayer action..

fitftw 05-12-2010 02:12 PM

pre-ordered on Amazon. You pay $60 but you get a $20 giftcard towards your next purchase which is pretty awesome because you can get basically a free blu-ray movie or put it towards the next game you buy.

c0nfl1kt 05-12-2010 02:32 PM

I pre-ordered, too. The second the dude at the desk said "GTA with horses and cowboys" I put down money on it.

fitftw 05-12-2010 02:58 PM

you should take back the pre-order and get it from Amazon since the $20 rebate is awesome and there's no tax or shipping fee

c0nfl1kt 05-12-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitftw (Post 1728916)
you should take back the pre-order and get it from Amazon since the $20 rebate is awesome and there's no tax or shipping fee

I don't shop online.

fitftw 05-12-2010 03:06 PM

why not? It's 2010 man you better get used to it. Pretty soon Amazon and ebay will take over real-life electronics stores. Give it 5-10 years.

c0nfl1kt 05-12-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitftw (Post 1728930)
why not? It's 2010 man you better get used to it. Pretty soon Amazon and ebay will take over real-life electronics stores. Give it 5-10 years.

In 5-10 years I will re-examine my stance. I work in cyber security/cyber surety and I know the risks all too well lol.

massone 05-12-2010 04:43 PM

got my preorder and will be standing in line with the other video game nerds at midnight

dnasty2g 05-12-2010 05:38 PM

TST gang of outlaws?

Khellen 05-12-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnasty2g (Post 1729107)
TST gang of outlaws?

YES. I'm going to be picking up for the xbox360. I'll be online playing when it comes out. My tag on XBOX360 is Khellen9 I believe.

massone 05-12-2010 10:08 PM

i'll be down for that xbl= dongg johnson

dnasty2g 05-13-2010 03:44 AM

Is that what everyone is playing it on? I was gonna get it for ps3.. hmm.. Ill have to see if I got more people to play with on 360.

fitftw 05-13-2010 09:31 AM

I only have PS3. It's funny how many people have xbox and not ps3. Only in America.

Khellen 05-13-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitftw (Post 1729626)
I only have PS3. It's funny how many people have xbox and not ps3. Only in America.

PS3 started out really really week during this round of the console wars. I was a hardcore PS2 fan and hated the OG xbox. The amount of titles the PS3 offered for a while after it was released was just horrible and on top of that they completely lacked their main following titles like gran turismo, final fantasy, etc. I understand it was due to game designers trying to figure out how to take full advantage of blue ray, but it really set sony back at the start. I'd love to have a PS3 now but after I've already bought an xbox360....ehhh. I barely have time for games as it is.

Anyways, stopped by BBY and preordered today. If you preorder through BBY you get the fastest horse in the game. :)

c0nfl1kt 05-13-2010 07:38 PM

X360 for life.

PS3: It can only do games, movies, not other OS.

fitftw 05-13-2010 08:20 PM

who cares about other OS? FF13 for PS3 is one disc, and 3 discs on 360. PS3 is more powerful and efficient, thus better.

TR MS3 05-14-2010 07:53 AM

They both have their pros and cons, and yes BR can store more information than DVD's. So I guess I'd have to use 3 disc, oh well that's life. Anyways, RDR HELLS YEAH!

c0nfl1kt 05-14-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitftw (Post 1730079)
who cares about other OS? FF13 for PS3 is one disc, and 3 discs on 360. PS3 is more powerful and efficient, thus better.

A bleeding Sony would disagree. A PS3 that selling at half its launch price still can't move more units month to month than an xbox 360 at almost its full launch price would love to disagree. Stop trying to convince yourself that you own a lesser console with lesser games and are cheating yourself of a superior gaming experience.

fitftw 05-14-2010 10:40 AM

just wait, by the time the console war is over, Sony will have destroyed Microsoft. By the end of this year, you XBOX fanboys will cry and wish you had gotten the more advanced console.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.