![]() |
TST Sushi Dinner Meet on 3/18 hosted by Fujito at Fuji Restaurant in Haddonfield, NJ
Since there seem to be so many sushi lovers on TST, I decided to talk to our very own Fujito about setting up a little TST dinner meet at his family's Japanese restaurant.
Fuji Japanese Restaurant 116 East Kings Highway Haddonfield, NJ 08033 He is willing to welcome us and offer some very good sushi priced lower than normal with the following setup: -Thursday March 18th, meet at the restaurant at 7pm -maximum of 10 people -fixed menu, $30 per person, plus tax and tip -16 piece assortment (10 different fish and one roll), miso soup, and a few rolls for the table to share If you sign up for this you MUST attend. The number of people he can accommodate is very small so if you sign up please be positive you can make it. I will have a waiting list if the demand is there, and maybe those on that list will be first in line for a 2nd meet if things work out that way. Please arrive by 7 at the latest so you don't hold up the rest of the group. After dinner those interested can head over to the Woodbury Garage Meet together to stand out in the cold, haha. I don't want to go back and forth about this for too long, but please let me know if you have a preference on the date, and if the meeting time is ok. If you are sure you can attend then let me now and I will add you to the list. Attendees: 1) TROLL 2) trista 3) xEJ20x 4) Snoozie 5) Buster 6) Vr-4-Life 7) Rista 8) Got Insulin? 9) 3rdGenMr2Girl Round 2: (need to pick a date!) 1) ASIAN JUL 2) Xavier 3) igo4bmx (if its not on a Thurs) 4) Gabe4AFE 5) nissamax 6) jspek 7) CleanNeon98 8) Charged SVTF 9) Khellen (weekend requested, not sure if thats possible though) ... |
me. put my damn name on the list now hahahahaha. def down. will kobe beef be involved too?
|
haha he mentioned kobe beef to me when we were discussing price ranges. it was obviously the high example, and its more than you can afford, pizza boy :).
|
bull**** no one likes the tuna here. haha im down fo sho tho. will tell work tomorrow that im gonna be off that thursday haha.
|
tell me if you have a preference on date... want to do it soonish but with a bit of notice. doesn't matter to me so i figure i'll go with whatever the first few people are leaning toward.
and if you really want something special like kobe beef i'm sure it can be taken care of but you'll have to talk to Fujito about that one... |
date is fine for me. my job loves me and lets me do whatever i want basically haha. i was jw about the kobe. i had it at my fav sushi place in daytona during christmas and it was awesome.
|
Wish i like sushi but have a good time guys.
|
i am 90% in- gotta talk with the wifey to make sure she won't kill me if i eat sushi without her! haha
|
We do carry authentic Kobe beef from Japan.
A lot of restaurants market domestic Wagyu beef as Kobe beef when it really isn't. Does the Cheesecake Factory really put real Kobe beef in their $12 Kobe burger? No. It's domestic Wagyu. Kobe beef is from the town of Kobe in Japan and it's extremely expensive. Matsusaka is another form of Wagyu from Japan that is also highly revered and expensive. Wagyu is the breed of cow. I'm not saying the one you had in Daytona wasn't authentic, but I just wanted to throw that tidbit out there. Anyway, we serve 2oz strips that you cook on a hot stone for $32 and we serve Kobe sushi, which are thin strips served over rice with wasabi miso, grated garlic, and scallion on top for $8/piece. You're welcome to order it if you want. We've also done Kobe tar tar, Kobe carpaccio, and Kobe 8oz steaks ($135). |
Put me downnnn
Doubt I can eat that much sushi sooooo LIZ COME AND SPLIT SUSHI WITH ME.. It'll be a date c: |
But just to let you guys know, we're not the typical Japanese restaurant. We've owned the restaurant for 30 years and have acquired numerous awards and plaques. This review sums up the restaurant well. The service was in need of work at the time this was written for we just opened up in our new location.
Philadelphia Inquirer Quote:
|
Damn....thats 10 mins away from me.
Add me to the list. |
I'm in! Just have to check with Keith. The 18th works better for me, 'cause I'll be paid. :)
|
you know i wouldnt pass this up.
|
That's 6 people so far, with a 90% chance of 7.
Three more! And I'm going to leave work early and go to the meet with you guys :lol: Oh yeah, it's BYO. Haddonfield is a dry town. |
if this was any day but thursday i would be here i f ing love sushi i wanna go :( change it to a friday please....
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Hmm that falls in my spring break time (march 11) ....I will have to ask the girly if she is down
Is the date the 11 or the 18th? |
ok updated the list :)
Snoozie is the only one who had a date preference... so thats the way I'm leaning right now. Would like more input there even if its "doesn't matter to me, I can do either" just so I know what I'm working with here. And nissamax, Fridays are busier which is why we didn't do it then. I'm trying to accomodate as many as I can here, sorry. You can always go to the restaurant another time though, and ask to see if Jesse (Fujito) is there if you do to say hello. |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.