TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   (Past Vendors) (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Oakes - Detailed: 2006 Evolution IX RS - JeffroevoIX (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87199)

Oakes 09-13-2009 01:37 AM

Oakes - Detailed: 2006 Evolution IX RS - JeffroevoIX
 
This Evo is a daily driven, track day fun car, as you will be able to see from the photos. This white Evo RS received a full refresh, wheels off as well as removal of it's black pinstripes. The owner was evidently ready to change brake pads again after just 700 miles, and most of the current ones were dusted on to the wheels! Which I later spent close to 35 minutes PER wheel getting clean again, after clay barring the car twice and lifting it onto 6 jack stands. Needless to say, this job took a few days, but left the garage ready to take on a few more road courses.

Process:
Menzerna Intensive Polish - orange
Menzerna 203 - orange
Menzerna PowerFinish - green
Optimum Poli-Seal
Collinite's No. 845 Insulator wax


Evo as it arrived:

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...o%20IX/039.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...o%20IX/034.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...o%20IX/042.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...o%20IX/038.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...o%20IX/037.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...o%20IX/035.jpg

Wheels before

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...o%20IX/043.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...o%20IX/040.jpg

Wheels After

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers122.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers123.jpg

Wheel well before/after immediately following.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers013.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers015.jpg

Again

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers022.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers024.jpg

The following pics are of the paint condition after the clay, which I had to perform twice on this Evo

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers037.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers028.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers060.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers077.jpg

As it is very hard to capture defects on camera with White paint, I didn't set up many 50/50 shots, however managed to squeeze a few off the trunk.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers083.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers089.jpg

Now for a few corrected paint pics under the same spot lights

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers096.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers095.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers094.jpg

Reflection shots:

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers102.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers103.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers104.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers120.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers133.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers134.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers138.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers139.jpg

Finished vehicle: taken at 7am

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers108.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers112.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers113.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers117.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers118.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers124.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers131.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers132.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...0IX/ers126.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics! Comments welcome!

cmr076 09-13-2009 02:03 AM

mehhhh...













jk! looks great as usual, now do the mini again.

HaveBlue83 09-13-2009 06:31 AM

well done sir!

very nice swirl/scratch removal. i don't understand how people let their cars get that bad!!!

it's painstaking but so worth it.

lownslow95 09-13-2009 07:30 AM

Wow, I was amazed at how well the wheels turned out. I thought they were powder coated gunmetal, but you proved me wrong until you cleaned them. Nice work. :thumbup:

Oakes 09-13-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmr076 (Post 1505226)
mehhhh...


jk! looks great as usual, now do the mini again.

haha, the Mini from hell returns?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 (Post 1505276)
well done sir!

very nice swirl/scratch removal. i don't understand how people let their cars get that bad!!!

it's painstaking but so worth it.

Thank you and you're right, the end result really makes it worth it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lownslow95 (Post 1505279)
Wow, I was amazed at how well the wheels turned out. I thought they were powder coated gunmetal, but you proved me wrong until you cleaned them. Nice work. :thumbup:

Honestly, I couldn't recall the finish of the RS wheels since I rarely see them still on an Evo/not powdercoated, so I was surprised myself. Thanks!

jeffroevoix 09-13-2009 05:45 PM

Thanks Nick, the car looks great.

Oakes 09-13-2009 06:53 PM

Welcome Jeff, snap some pics with the MR wheels on!

05suby 09-14-2009 01:32 PM

cant wait to finally get my car done.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.