TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Anyone going to see OAR at Penns Landing on the 18th? (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85347)

Vr-4-Life 08-11-2009 03:44 PM

Anyone going to see OAR at Penns Landing on the 18th?
 
I hope to see others there.. I missed out on incubus but I look forward to OAR every damn summer...

If enough people are going I'll probably want to tailgate...

awdrev 08-11-2009 03:51 PM

they were in DC not too long ago, good times

redline 08-11-2009 03:52 PM

Of course! 2 days before I fly into the States!

Vr-4-Life 08-11-2009 04:16 PM

Haha... Hopefully a good ammount of TSTers will go... All of the parking lots there allow you to tailgate and get drunk as hell...

DC2.2GSR 08-11-2009 04:29 PM

i was considering it since seeing OAR at the tweeter center 2 years ago was one of the best shows i've ever seen, but at +/- $50 a ticket when their new stuff is such complete garbage? no chance. it sucks, but OAR has ruined themselves. my friends still all want to go but i don't think anyone's ctually buying tickets. i would if it was cheaper though. i love OAR, but BEFORE their radio-ready sound.

Vr-4-Life 08-11-2009 04:49 PM

I dont agree with you man... I'm not the biggest fan of "all sides" but when they play it live.. they jam it out and it does not sound studio at all.

Not to mention the show still plays music from the wanderer and newer... OAR is def one of my fav bands..

And I still need to bring that bumper to you... what about the weekend of the 23rd?

OMG JDM 08-11-2009 08:29 PM

are tickets still for sale anywhere? i went last year and it was a good time.

Vr-4-Life 08-11-2009 08:38 PM

they are on livenation still

DC2.2GSR 08-12-2009 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vr-4-Life (Post 1468562)
I dont agree with you man... I'm not the biggest fan of "all sides" but when they play it live.. they jam it out and it does not sound studio at all.

Not to mention the show still plays music from the wanderer and newer... OAR is def one of my fav bands..

And I still need to bring that bumper to you... what about the weekend of the 23rd?

yeah i can only imagine it's going to be a good show no matter what. i know with their style, even the new stuff will be more 'jam-like' then the studio version anyway, but still.. i really can't stand the new stuff and for me, every time i hear that shattered song on the radio i want to rip my ears off lol. it annoys me that they've changed their sound so much.

no matter how many times i hear them play it, it's not an OAR show unless they open with Dareh Meyod and close with a 15 minute '..game of poker'. lol. honestly, if that happens, it's a good show. i don't care what they play in between. maybe i should just go anyway. lol.

OAR has been one of my favorites since some kid let me listed to the wanderer in study hall in 10th grade. i still can't get enough.

rista 08-12-2009 02:09 AM

tickets are $35..plus the stupid live nation fee of $12/ticket...so yea...its $50 bucks. but completely worth it
last years show ended with that was a crazy game of poker. and it was an amazing show all the way through. so good, i bought tickets like a week later to see them in AC at the house of blues 4 months down the road.
i forget what they opened with.
but them jamming out, and the atmosphere of being on penns landing, i say it is completely worth the ticket price.

ive been awaiting the arrival of the concert this year because they put on such a good show last year.
and this year they have special made posters for sale for each of their concerts, and they are all personally signed. i hope i get one!

im contemplating taking the train in....just so no one has to drive


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.