TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Car Related Chat (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   not cars, not "street" bikes, but... (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80442)

DaBombDiggidy 05-27-2009 10:55 PM

not cars, not "street" bikes, but...
 
cruisers! lol yeah everyone talks about crotch rockets and tuners on here, but when at that bike place near deptford mall (forget the name) i saw a yamaha cruiser that just looked NASTY. since then i have been following them now and then. i think they are pretty nasty. its a great cross between the style of bikes

feel free to post pictures of other brand cruisers from varoius bike makers.


Custom warrior- nasttyyy
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/asset...0661_cc558.jpg

(midnight warrior)
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/asset...2_4d513d87.jpg

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/asset...0_995b23a2.jpg

(V star 950)
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/asset...9_d47fe26b.jpg

(V Max)
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/asset...1_7eb1ff7c.jpg

215ek 05-27-2009 11:46 PM

first one looks sick but why isnt it a bike?

TurboTagTeam 05-27-2009 11:58 PM

You mean a touring? To me a bike is not a "touring" model unless it has forward controls. The last two you posted are cruisers.

But if I'm ever getting a cruiser I'm not stepping on anything but a Harley. Metric cruisers(Japanese) are weak IMO. My dad rides a 05 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide and it is AWESOME. It looks amazing....and it's like a sofa on wheels.

240sxDann 05-28-2009 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboTagTeam (Post 1380454)

But if I'm ever getting a cruiser I'm not stepping on anything but a Harley. Metric cruisers(Japanese) are weak IMO.

LOL metric cruisers. nice. I agree I would have to have a harley for a cruiser. The first bike posted though, awesome. The name is suiting, it is wicked.

Proven 05-28-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboTagTeam (Post 1380454)
You mean a touring? To me a bike is not a "touring" model unless it has forward controls. The last two you posted are cruisers.

But if I'm ever getting a cruiser I'm not stepping on anything but a Harley. Metric cruisers(Japanese) are weak IMO. My dad rides a 05 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide and it is AWESOME. It looks amazing....and it's like a sofa on wheels.

I sold Yamaha for years so I’m a tad bias but The Yamaha (Star Motorcycles) line up is actually pretty solid. One of the things that KILLED the rep of metrics was the drive shaft driven aspect. Although its better in the sense that its more reliable and less maintenance it looks gay as hell (sewing machine). Yamaha with their Road star line up and now roadliners are belt drive and use a push rod engine (just like the Harleys) and it ads a "cool factor" that I agree with. When it comes to reliability, handling, and power Harleys are WAY over priced considering Metrics like the road star handle just as good if not better, have just as much power (give and take per model), and have proven to be more reliable through the years (Harleys gotten much better reliability wise though). Harley did one HUGE thing right though and that’s create image both on their own and by accident (everyone respects Harley because of its gang history).

Here’s some of my favorite. I LOVE and I mean LOVE old school bobbers / rat bikes. Nash Motorcycles really knows what they are doing IMO. With Cars im pretty much strickly Jap and same goes for sport bikes. When it comes to American made product no one can F*%# with these bikes.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...gerbike8-1.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...9/cordano3.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...e99/2afc_3.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...e99/looky1.jpg

DaBombDiggidy 05-28-2009 12:48 AM

yeah i guess its touring... i really dont know much about bikes. all i know is i sat on a midnight star i believe once and fell in love. debating on the investment somewhere in the future.

97TurboDSM 05-28-2009 12:52 AM

cruiser isnt a bike?

DaBombDiggidy 05-28-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97TurboDSM (Post 1380543)
cruiser isnt a bike?

love the technicality of some people on this forum im just so tiiirrreeeddd(for those of you south park fans). you get the idea through the description. wow if you dont want to contribute to the discussion why say anything?

ASIAN JUL 05-28-2009 01:40 AM

Someone want to give me the exact definition of a "crotch rocket?"

DPancoast 05-28-2009 01:57 AM

My friend was JUST talking about getting a VSTAR 950.... I told him I wanted to ride it.

Paul 05-28-2009 02:03 AM

personally i love choppers

Xavier 05-28-2009 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBombDiggidy (Post 1380552)
love the technicality of some people on this forum im just so tiiirrreeeddd(for those of you south park fans). you get the idea through the description. wow if you dont want to contribute to the discussion why say anything?

You just said "not bikes..." and then post pictures of machines with a motor and two wheels, the configuration of which make motorcycles. Commonly referred to as bikes.

DaBombDiggidy 05-28-2009 02:29 PM

in which case i could post bicycles too lol whatever i was drunk as hell (bombed the **** out of a spanish test an hour prior so i celebreated? lol) i think we get what were talking about now... but the VSTAR950 is sick i saw one the other day; they sound sooooo good.

Elliott18t 05-28-2009 02:38 PM

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/asset...0661_cc558.jpg

hell yes.. with a bandana over my face , and a simiple black helmet. :)

JSpecV03 05-28-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliott18t (Post 1381234)
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/asset...0661_cc558.jpg

hell yes.. with a bandana over my face , and a simiple black helmet. :)

hahaha i know right. but i would rock this.

Scapegoat 05-28-2009 03:28 PM

there is only one harley i like...

http://miphgl.org/mi/images/ph/xl%2B...ight_front.jpg

djb5118 05-28-2009 03:35 PM

I really love the bomber look, and have been toying with the idea of getting one of these to just roll around town on...its only a 200cc but you build it yourself and theyre pretty customizible from the dealer/factory

http://www.kikker5150.com/ron1.jpg

Ender81 05-28-2009 04:21 PM

I like the look of all of the bikes in these pictures but I had to be honest. I won't ride a cruiser. They just aren't comfortable for me for whatever reason.

**Alex** 05-28-2009 09:43 PM

I'd rock the sh!t out the first one.

bigdog82685 05-28-2009 09:49 PM

I love the look of the flat black bike. Looks great.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.