TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Photography (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Print Problems (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67935)

97TurboDSM 11-14-2008 06:00 PM

Print Problems
 
I just picked up some prints i had done at Wal-Mart ( i know, thats my first mistake). I opened them when I got home to find that they are all hacked up and terribly cut. the borders/sig were cut off in every one of my 24 photos. If I go back and complain will they recut them the right way or am I screwed. These photos will be gifts for players,cheerleaders/parents at an upcoming soccer banquet and i dont want them to look like garbage. they will be framed eventually so that might help a little bit but its just annoying knowing that they're nowhere near perfect.

DC2.2GSR 11-14-2008 07:48 PM

no matter what they end up doing (either telling you to f*** off or redoing them for free), you aren't happy with the product so go back and complain. Wal-Marts are hit or miss with prints. when i lived in wisconsin, the local wal-mart did an amazing job on all prints. i took a roll of film to wal mart when i moved back here and they were terrible.

97TurboDSM 11-14-2008 08:44 PM

this idiot at walmart told me i had to stand there, reload all my photos, zoom out, and crop them bigger so the edges wouldnt get cut off. im said, that doesnt make any ****in sense, all its doing is resizing them, why the **** do i have to do that. he said well you just have to do it that way. i told him that was ****in retarded and left..thats what the retard told me at walmart. **** them. of course they're needed by tomorrow so im kinda ****ed, i might go to cvs or some ****

TurboV 11-15-2008 12:32 AM

Most store places are hit or miss... My local WalMart's photo people love to tell me that there's no way I am a photographer and that I steal pictures and I need copyright releases on corporate letter to get my pictures printed... it wouldn't be a problem (as I've had to release my own pictures to myself before) if they didn't flat out tell me there's no way I took my own pictures and accused me of stealing them... because I am some some ghetto bitch making $6/hr is the most competent person at telling who is a photographer by looking at them... I solved the problem by speaking to the photo manager, and he was groveling and apologizing by the end :)

I might start going to Ritz to try them out... a little less ghetto teenage bitch, a little more "we 'might' know about photography". I rarely get stuff printed off, usually I just print stuff quickly at home. But for the times I need stuff, I need some place that isn't instantly going to start accusing me of stealing people's stuff...

97TurboDSM 11-15-2008 01:50 AM

i need these for a banquet saturday night. they're being given out as gifts and they look retarded. i wanted to choke slam that stupid messican for trying to tell me that retarded ****

abrok99 11-15-2008 02:03 AM

i got kicked out of walmart tonight almost. this fat bitch thought i stole a DVD and my friend said its racial profiling(im white).

take that shizzy to a ritz or a camera store they will not **** it up like the messicno in walmart

97TurboDSM 11-15-2008 02:07 AM

im pissed i had to pay for this **** already

abrok99 11-15-2008 02:11 AM

go to walmart and just bitch them out and get your money back

97TurboDSM 11-15-2008 02:27 AM

i'll go tomorrow, i went earlier tonight and the stupid messican kept givin me bull**** excuses. im uploading onto ritzcameras site now to print from them

YellowMSP 11-15-2008 09:41 AM

what about just skipping the borders/sig? if they are putting the pics in a frame you most likely wont really be seeing the border anyway and they prob wouldn't want a sig on the front of a pic anyway. maybe just write on the back or something like photo by..... or like the event date and all that

twastheglow 11-15-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrok99 (Post 1133488)
go to walmart and just bitch them out and get your money back

x2. Definately don't let it slide. Just because some lackey **** in the photo department says he can't do anything, that doesn't mean the store won't. I'd be ripping too!

ASIAN JUL 11-15-2008 10:49 AM

walmart worker fail
sorry to hear bout your troubles

97TurboDSM 11-15-2008 06:45 PM

i ended up putting a sig in the photos. i bumped the opacity down to about 60% with really fine print so its hardly noticeable but still there. turns out for some reason when making prints, the photos you give them are a bit bigger than 5x7 or 8x10 and thats why the sides and bottom of my photos were getting cut off. sounded like some of the dumbest **** i've ever heard but whatever. what a crazy two days trying to get this **** finished.

TurboV 11-15-2008 11:29 PM

Well, glad you got it worked out.

Next time try cropping the pictures to 5x7 or whatever size you want to get them printed, otherwise they will turn out wonky when printed (I learned from personal experience :) )

grimm 11-16-2008 09:36 AM

did you re-size them to 5x7 or 8x10 before?

97TurboDSM 11-16-2008 10:54 AM

nope. i was fully expecting that to happen at the printer. no biggie, problems averted and everything is fine nowz


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.