![]() |
2009 Sonic Meet/Cruise
where do you guys want to have it?
Ephrata or Morgantown? |
Ephrata was fun when we just dropped on the sonic, but now the cops and the FD are getting wise and it's getting old. I vote new place with a bigger lot and a different drive!!
|
M Town! Spaces/parking will not be a issue!!
I think with the last meet in Ephrata we ticked off alot of the local stores, Im sure the cops will break it up if it happens again. Alot of people had to be turned away also because of no parking spots. I only see this meet getting bigger now, ephrata is maxed out |
I haven't been to the Morgantown Sonic meet, but I can imagine how big the parking lot is by some of the pictures I saw from last year's meet.
|
We will even cause issues with Morgantown. What happens when we fill Walmart's parking lot? I do agree it will be easier with Morgantown than it will be with Ephrata but we will still have the same issues. This meet is huge and that is why people go. It isn't for the crappy food. For the past two years Ephrata has catered to us with open arms. Will Morgantown do that? Either way I will go or organize if needed and we will double last years turnout without a doubt.
|
I agree that the turnout this meet brings will cause some "issues" but i highly doubt that it would be to the scale that we saw in ephrata. The morgantown sonic is located on a more open section of road and the surrounding parking lots are less likely to be a problem to park in. I think morgantown is the logical place to move to for reasonable expansion.
|
Morgantown and Sonic is a good location not just for it massive amount of parking, and accessibility right off the turnpike, both the Township and the Morgantown Sonic are very Car Meet friendly.(As long as you don’t do stupid things:roll:) There are car meets there all the time... Some as large as 300 cars.
|
bahh 300 cars aint ****... I wouldn't be surprised to see 500+ this year.
|
Both places are owned by the same guy/franchisee. So, I dont think it will be an issue moving it to Morgantown. The parking lot is 10x bigger.
|
I vote Morgantown, if everyone parks properly then the amount of space at morgantown will be much easier to utilize.
Granted it was awesome that we litterally shut Ephrata down, but we did cripple half the businesses around there by taking their parking spots and causing traffic to be directed by fire police. It was alot of fun, but I dont think it will be able to capacitate us this time around because were only getting bigger. The way people park is key though, no double parking/sideways hard parking, alot of cars need to fill the space. It helps to be organized, the parking done at ephrata last year was pretty decent, everyone filled a spot and used the curbs well. However, with the amount of cars that showed, people had to park in front of each other and in the grass. It'll be too hard to have someone direct parking at the meet, as beneficial as it would be, but itll help if people can manage it themselves. |
Morgantown for sure. It was too chaotic in Euphrata last year. While I agree it was awesome, I think meeting in Morgantown will be more relaxed. The people that want food can walk to get food and the people that don't can walk around and check out cars or whatever. Plus the general public can go to the sonic and we won't be as in the way as we were in Euphrata. Regardless, I can't wait for the meet this year.
|
havent been to one before. sounds awesome though. from the sounds of it morgantown is a better choice.
|
The muscle car/hot rod guys have meets on every thursday down at Mtown, I heard they have big turnouts and sometimes even a DJ, might be worth checking out to see how they park and use the lot
|
they changed that meet to sundays, they were there when we got there with the cruise.
|
i vote morgantown because of the room, but either way ill be there.
|
i dont care, i just wanna go to the meet
|
I voted Morgantown. I can't wait for this one. I can actually come!
|
Quote:
Last year was insane, this year should equal it or better no matter where it is. |
Any place that has a good drive, so I can acquire some rolling shots of cars :)
|
Of course I'll be there!
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.