![]() |
Buffing/ Cutting
I was wondering if anyone in the Perkasie, Souderton, Sellersville, Quakertown, or Montgomeryville area knows how to buff my paint? I can do everything to a car in the sense of detailing but this. If anyone is confident in their ability and can help me out I will gladly detail the inside and outside of your car while you do mine. I need a good buff sooo bad as I have a lot of the little annoying swirls.
Someone help a brother out:). |
Not sure how far you are from me but I co-own a Detailing buisness. If you are near the stroudsburg area I can do the car for you.
|
Eh I'm about an hour out from Stroudsburg. Thanks anyway though!
|
If I head out your way anytime soon i'll be sure to let you know and drag some equipment down with me. Sorry man
|
Thanks. I'd like to learn but I sure as hell ain't doing it on my baby lol.
|
its easy with a random orbit buffer, as long as u keep moving the buffer you wont burn your paint, a rotary buffer might be harder, but faster. u can pick up a porter cable buffer for 100 bucks, a backing plate and pads for 25, polish for 16, some mf towels and ur set. i would clay bar ur car first though. just go on youtube and look up videos on how they do it, its simple. i was afraid to do my car but one day i said eff it, it came out very nice, but took 12 hours total including a coat of wax
|
Ask Jon he'll show you how to do it.
|
Quote:
I think everyone that's into cars should know how to maintain them not just with a wrench:lol: |
Random orbital buffer will just swirl your paint.
Pay someone to do it once and do it right, with a rotary buffer. |
Quote:
To be honest...crappy towels and shamies cause more marring than anything out their. The random orbit polisher is what takes it out. |
Well, at least thats what happened to me after using one on my black paint.
It did a great job at bringing the shine out, but once I got it under some light, I noticed the horrible swirls that it put into the paint that weren't there before. I guess a lot of it will depend on how forgiving your cars color is to swirl marks. |
Quote:
Also if you ever had the experience of seeing a car hit with a rotary about 4 weeks after the detail, then tell me about marring in the paint. You will see more marring and rainbows then you have ever thought possible. And yes, they all do it. Even my boy who did it professionally for over 10 years with a rotary, when the finish wears off you are left with UHHH! |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.