TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Exterior, Interior, and Electrical (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Body molding painting (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55071)

Erik 05-04-2008 04:40 PM

Body molding painting
 
Im looking to turn that red in the molding into another color on the car. I was thinking either black, or pink (that matches the TsT sticker). I was wondering if anyone has an idea of how i can do this. Should i remove the strip of plastic? maybe just mask it off and rattle-can it? The rest of the paint on the car doesnt really look all that great so it doesnt need to be show room quality. I got rid of that red pin stripping also. I dont like the red accents on the car period so i feel they gotta go. Thanks.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...g?t=1209933547

[sr20]sean 05-04-2008 04:43 PM

you could try to tape it off then scuff it, prime, paint and clear.

unless it comes off then do it that way

Erik 05-04-2008 04:53 PM

im sure it comes off, idk how much of a pain it will be to get it to stick on there again. I was thinking about just taking it off all together but im afraid it will look wierd with the indentation

Jeffros Spec V 05-04-2008 09:58 PM

It's a huge pain in the ass to to remove those mouldings.

I'd leave it how it is.

If yo must paint, tape it off and rattle can.

RSbeast 05-05-2008 02:56 PM

I'd mask and flat black (spray) it. Would look cleanest and show the least flaws.

Spocknasty 05-06-2008 12:44 AM

You can buy rolls of replacement moldings like that in all different colors.

boske 05-07-2008 07:02 AM

I painted that same moulding on my 91 cavy 2 years ago, I think it looks great without it. I painted the whole car white with blue pearl in the clear, I removed the side mouldings and painted the bumper mouldings to match. It really changed the look, I think they should have come this way from the factory.

[sr20]sean 05-07-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsRACE (Post 897841)
im sure it comes off, idk how much of a pain it will be to get it to stick on there again. I was thinking about just taking it off all together but im afraid it will look wierd with the indentation

body filler and make it completely smooth


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.