![]() |
can you tint taillights with transparent red vinyl?
hate the evo8 stock tails, but don't want to pay for $300 JDM ones.
let me know! |
Of course.
Done it before. PITA in the cold...but yeah...it can be done. |
Quote:
|
ill look into the red tint...give me a day or so..we have 8 cars scheduled today and i am behind so far on other things because of the show...
|
Rockblocker makes a red tint specifically for lights. A buddy of mine did these for my Srt-4. The only problem I ever had was my backup lights were reddish. But unless you got right on top of my lights you couldn't tell there was tint on them. They also never peeled or faded over a year and a half that I owned them.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...4/DSC02414.jpg http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...4/DSC02410.jpg |
looks sweet mucky...ill check out rockblocker
|
Yeah my pictures don't do it justice. Just be leery with covering your reverse lights completely. Every time I tried to back out of my driveway or a parking space people thought I was on the brakes and would cut behind me. I just didn't care tho cause it looked alot better than the nightshades black I sprayed all over them. Plus if I ever got busted by the cops I could peel it off quick.
|
Quote:
Still a PITA in the cold...just cause I have an unsteady hand and bubbles are teh_suck. |
Quote:
yeah tint shrinks however vinyl has to stretch. i bought a couple feet of it and tried last night in my garage and didn't have luck with it :( |
Quote:
here's what i'm looking to accomplish from this: http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/at...-sale-evo3.jpg to this: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42...s/IMG_0042.jpg |
we're about to start stocking the material. I've been installing them for customers over the years, but always customer supplied. We're setting up to have stock on the material. And you are right by saying that tint shrinks...this material stretches.
The auto show is finally done, so now we can settle down and get back to business! :afro: We'll keep you updated. Ryan |
Quote:
once done i'll defintately be posting it on the evo forums! |
Is the vinyl your using transparent? If not I think you're gonna have issues with police. The stuff I got from RockBlocker was transparent and had to be stretched to fit the area.
|
Quote:
would look completely OEM |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.