TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Fake Cops...great read! (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36337)

piknockout 06-29-2007 09:56 AM

Fake Cops...great read!
 
This is a story from one of the guys over on www.b15sentra.net and it's a great little read. Enjoy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpecVKid
Ok for the record for once I was on the right side of the law,it doesent happen often so take record.

OK so im comming home from my cousins softball game last night when suddenly I see traffice build up on a highway that never has traffic,so I do I little bobbin and weaving to see what was causeing the hold up.

I get to the front of the pack only to see a unmarked police car doing 60 in a 65mph passing lane so I was behind him for about a minute when i start to think to myself I wonder if this guy will actually pull me over if I pass him on the right at the posted speed limit. So finally I decide I am gonna try it out so I use my blinker drift over into the other lane and set my cruise control to 65. As im switching lanes im checkin the car out, it had the Police Intercepter Badge on the back of it, the typical state police mags and a push bar on the front. Windows tinted with very dark tint. I also notice that the guys shadow in the car looked like he had jerry curls and the most odd was he had a radar detector.

So I make the pass and start to pull away from him still doing the speed limit when suddenly the cars strobe lights come on, not the red and blue kind but the alternating headlight ones. So I start to pull over to the side of the road and when I do he shuts off his lights and continues to stay behind me.. So Im think maybe thats his way of telling me to slow down so I do.

So now Im in the slow lane doing 60 and hes right on my bumper following behind me with only about a 6 foot gap between our cars, so im thinkin what the hell does he want with me. he throws his lights back on then off again, so I grab my cell phone and dial 911. I explain that there is an officer behind me =with his lights on and when I go to pull over he changes lanes then when I resume he gets back behind me. They do a quick GPS sweep and determine that they dont see one troopers in my area so they ask if I got his license which I didnt at this point. So the officer asks me if I could pull onto the shoulder let him pass and gives me permission to speed up to get his Lic Plate number.

So at this point I feel like the cop I come off the shoulder Redline first and second and fly up on this guys Azz, Read off the plate number and the 911 operator says nope thats deffinitly not a cop he asks me to follow him while he gets some units to my location so im following his reading off mile markers and finally I see 5 state troopers come flying past me 911 operator tells me to back off and pull over with the rest of the trooper once they make the stop. So they pull him out of the car arrest him and find out that he has pulled over almost 50 cars in the last year and im deemed the route 8 hero...
Felt kind good to do the right thing, I guess they have been looking for this guy for awhile because he pull over a lady and told her he needs to search her belonging and stole her money and her credit cards. So I feel good about what I did...
The end....


Intercooled T 06-29-2007 10:08 AM

nice. good story! I don't think many people in this position actually call 911

Honest_Bob 06-29-2007 10:14 AM

Haha, awesome. :thumbup:

Ender81 06-29-2007 10:16 AM

Wow that is awesome, I always worry about people posing as cops because you hear about it way too much. Definately a smart move calling 911 because if it had been a cop he would have had it on record that he just wasn't positive it was a real police car.

Jeffros Spec V 06-29-2007 10:17 AM

That is pretty funny. Is that guy retarded? There was a story about a guy doing that and would only give people warnings.

Z3R0 06-29-2007 10:28 AM

Wow thats so cool...lol what a moron, acting like a cop and all. Imma do that one day...*77 I think it is in NJ.

MPowerKai 06-29-2007 11:22 AM

Great story, I liked it. I hope the judge throws the book at him, figuratively and literally.

drew 06-29-2007 11:52 AM

haha riiiiight. i think he forgot the last sentence "then my mom woke me up and i realized it was just a dream"

that story is complete bs

drew 06-29-2007 11:56 AM

also, a dispatcher would never ever EVER tell you to follow the car, infact they wouldn't even send a 911 unit until you stopped pursuit.

Tiny 06-29-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew (Post 582239)
also, a dispatcher would never ever EVER tell you to follow the car, infact they wouldn't even send a 911 unit until you stopped pursuit.

Seconded. I have called 911 twice as a witness to a hit and run and both times they told me to immediatley stop following the suspect, and both times I let the dispatcher know what I thought about thier response times. The one guy I followed all the way from Southampton road on the Blvd to Grant with not a cop in site.


However, I witnessed a third hit and run, and I happened to follow the girl to a red light and a cop rolled up behind us. I got out and told the cop what happened and he had a field day with this lady. No license, no reg, no insurance.

Nors 06-29-2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ender81 (Post 582132)
Wow that is awesome, I always worry about people posing as cops because you hear about it way too much. Definately a smart move calling 911 because if it had been a cop he would have had it on record that he just wasn't positive it was a real police car.

Not to mention thats how the poor girl got kidnapped on 476. Forget her name at the moment, but I believe she was found dead in a Philly park. Made big news.


But on a lighter note, I bet all the other cars freaked out when they say him flying up on the "cop", they all probably thought he was done.

piknockout 06-29-2007 12:22 PM

Others have disputed this claim as well. Supposedly the guy is getting a news clipping of the story. I guess we'll find out in due time. :wink:

Based on what you guys have said, I can see why it could be B.S. (not saying either way). But if they actually have had a problem with this guy doing it, they may have made an exception. Below is the guys response to "being allowed to follow". Once again, still waiting for a confirmation on this one.

Quote:

And the dispatcher at first was like dont put yourself in harms way and I said to him listen I want to know if he really is a cop and he told me to keep a safe distance and safe speed at no point did we even break the speed limit.

drew 06-29-2007 12:34 PM

does he have his location listed? all you gotta do is google the city, find local papers and look online

but seriously if this was true it would have been national news; a "fake cop" pulls over 50 people, robbing them, and then is caught and we don't see it? the media would be all over that crap

still, funny story but it just doesn't add up =P

drew 06-29-2007 12:38 PM

btw just for reference, if it was a true story it would have gone down like this:

kid would call 911 and tell them what happened, dispatcher would ask for license plate, tell the kid he was passing it onto the local pd ( or highway/state depending on were this was ) and told the kid not to follow the guy and go home after getting his name and a phone number. after police found the car they may or may not have called the kid and let him know what went down, possibly asked for more details on what happened and been done with it.

OzerMan 06-29-2007 01:24 PM

great read
needed a laugh

Rey The Great 06-29-2007 01:53 PM

haha thats preety damn good..i seen some cars just like that the look like cop cars but on the real they aint..shouldnt that be illegal

piknockout 06-29-2007 02:05 PM

Then how would they get rid of all their old cop cars to get new ones? :wink:

Ender81 06-29-2007 02:31 PM

I had a friend with a retired cop car, even still had the light attatched on the pillar. Those things are pretty quick and really reliable.

slobaru 06-29-2007 02:39 PM

I had a guy in a cadillac act like a cop and try to pull me over. so I just slammed on the brakes... He came to the side of my car and flashed some fake ass badge, so i just kept going. He then got behind me and had some crappy volunteer firefighter blue lights. Aftter I refused to stop...he then just sped up and left.

I realized later that I should have called it in, but I didn't. He could have robbed some person who was dumb enough to stop.

Oh well, I am an idiot.

Chair-Force 06-29-2007 04:26 PM

I was driving in a rural area of Worcester (montgomery county) about a year or two ago. Doing nothing illegal and some wannabe cop driving behind me in an interceptor puts on his blue light. So I assume he is a volunteear firefighter and got a fire call. I slow down and ride the shoulder to let him pass. He follows me and slows down behind me. I stop and I see him getting out of his car. He doesnt look like a cop and that area doesnt have unmarked cruisers. So I grab my beretta that I had between my seat and center console, put it in the back of my pants. I get out and he yells "Get back in your car!". I tell him to show me something that identifies him as a police officer and I will. He says he is a volunteer firefighter but knows alot of the local cops. He says he saw me street racing or something last night. I laugh and ask him if the local cops gave him a plastic, shiney junior detective badge. Now he is mad, he goes back to his car, appears to be reaching under his seat for something. I tell him if he pulls out a firearm, I will open fire, he says nothing. As he pops back up, I draw my pistol and point at his chest. I see its a motrola radio so I lower my pistol. Now he is freaking out saying he is going to radio "dispatch" and have me arrested for pointing a gun at him. I tell him to think about it first and that he will incriminate himself for impersonating a police officer. I legally own and carry my sidearm and felt my life was endanger. He gets on his little radio and does a radio check. Gives me a look like he threw me a bone and spared me. lol
I start walking back to my car and he goes, "Stay out of my neighborhood if you're going to race, ***g0t!". I tell him to go home and jerk off to some old Cops episodes.
I left and never heard anything about it or seen him since.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.