TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Exterior, Interior, and Electrical (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   need to reset my stereo (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24302)

Willdue 12-03-2006 12:04 AM

need to reset my stereo
 
so as you know I had to change my alternator which required battery unplug, but now my stereo won't come on, I assume it needs to be reset in some way? Its a pioneer head unit btw. I don't have manuals or anything cause it was in here when I bought it. Thanks

Willdue 12-03-2006 01:37 AM

Bumppp

Silverfc88 12-03-2006 01:45 AM

Check your fuses to be sure there not blown.


Look here for manuals for your head unit.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...069579,00.html

ToTheIX's 12-03-2006 03:18 AM

are you pickin up this exhaust or what ?

Willdue 12-03-2006 09:33 AM

Ahhh I tried callin you an hundred times. I had to replace my alternator. Yes I will be down

Erik 12-03-2006 11:43 AM

def. check your fuses, and pull out the head unit and double check your wire harness. are you running an amp?

redline 12-03-2006 08:34 PM

my old eclipse head unit needed my CD that I locked it with. Does it have a lock code or CD lock. Check for voltage on your ACC and constant power wires. It should be red and yellow.

ToTheIX's 12-03-2006 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willdue (Post 381431)
Ahhh I tried callin you an hundred times. I had to replace my alternator. Yes I will be down

i gave u 2 #s to call, and didnt have a missed call on either.....anyway, i leave this sat. for vacation, wont be home till the following, but im off on friday if that works for you

Willdue 12-04-2006 01:26 PM

Wasn't fuses...


What you mean constant power lines? Acc?

Willdue 12-04-2006 03:57 PM

I have no info with this cd player, nothing at all...don't tell me I need a new damn cd player...

assault187 12-04-2006 04:15 PM

there is a small 10 amp fuse behind the radio, pull the radio out of the dash and disconnect the wire harness from the radio then you will see a red 10 amp fuse, check that to make sure its good

Willdue 12-04-2006 04:43 PM

Ill check that then...

redline 12-04-2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willdue (Post 382760)
Wasn't fuses...


What you mean constant power lines? Acc?

Constant power or memory = Yellow wire running to head unit

ACC = Red wire running to head unit


If the fuse is good behind the Head unit then get yourself a test light or borrow one and check for voltage with the key on and off.

Willdue 12-05-2006 12:40 PM

there is no fuse behind the head unit...? ughhh

redline 12-05-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willdue (Post 384498)
there is no fuse behind the head unit...? ughhh

Does the red wire have an inline plastic fuse holder? Take a picture if you have too and post it

Willdue 12-05-2006 07:09 PM

Ill do it tommorow...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.