TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Car Related Chat (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   PA State Inspection (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123750)

DB Dude 03-12-2012 06:11 PM

PA State Inspection
 
Curious, What does everyone pay for their PA State Inspection & Emissions test?

lownslow95 03-12-2012 06:19 PM

Last time I paid for an inspection sticker was about $50.

Artemy 03-12-2012 06:29 PM

i'm pretty sure mine was somewhere around $50 also

DB Dude 03-12-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lownslow95 (Post 2118169)
Last time I paid for an inspection sticker was about $50.

including emissions?

lownslow95 03-12-2012 06:44 PM

I think so. I'm going there in like a week or so to actually get mine inspected, so I'll let you know.

Honduh 03-12-2012 06:49 PM

Free for me, but i work in a shop. We charge 60 but have coupons for less.

mckpat03 03-12-2012 07:54 PM

22 or 27 or something like that?

lownslow95 03-12-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckpat03 (Post 2118210)
22 or 27 or something like that?

Damn, I'd like to pay that.

rickeo 03-12-2012 08:42 PM

Payed $75 last weekend at Reedman.

Bdub215 03-12-2012 09:19 PM

$75 at central city toyota.

DB Dude 03-13-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdub215 (Post 2118248)
$75 at central city toyota.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickeo (Post 2118232)
Payed $75 last weekend at Reedman.


for both Inspection AND Emissions test of just PA State Inspection alone? thx

covert 03-13-2012 06:12 AM

If I remember correctly the emissions part is $40 or $45 no matter what (state required charge) and the actual inspection can vary. The place I use in Wind Gap was only $4.95 for a while.

Lick and sticks are usually $100-150.

The place I used to go to was awesome. The old guy charged normal prices ($60ish). His inspection consisted of turning on the headlights, looking up to see that both showed on the wall, and scraping the old sticker.

lownslow95 03-13-2012 09:31 AM

Yeah, the place I went to just turned on you're head lights to make sure that they worked, and a visual inspection. If everything seemed normal, and worked right, they just put new stickers on. Only thing I got failed for once was I got into an accident that dented my front bumper, and got pushed back so far that it rubbed against my tire, so I had to take it off. Didn't know something like that would fail an inspection. :o

rickeo 03-13-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DB Dude (Post 2118362)
for both Inspection AND Emissions test of just PA State Inspection alone? thx

Both.

DB Dude 03-13-2012 01:53 PM

yeah, i got charged $80 for the inspection. And I was emissions exempt so I was told there was no charge.

Last year I paid 36 for inspection and 22 for the state emissions exemption fee.

The shop took the car to a 2nd shop to do the emissions test, and they called and said i was in fact not exempt because it was less than 365 days from my last test. WEll apparently (according to the State Emissions board) that is an outdated regulation, and as long as I was within a 12-month period (which i was) I should be exempt. ALl the shop had to do was call it in to confirm.

And they totally put the wrong mileage reading on both my stickers... they used the mileage reading from LAST YEAR'S inspection date...eventhough the odometer was sitting right in front of them when they stuck the stickers on.

covert 03-13-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DB Dude (Post 2118562)
And they totally put the wrong mileage reading on both my stickers... they used the mileage reading from LAST YEAR'S inspection date...eventhough the odometer was sitting right in front of them when they stuck the stickers on.

Should be recorded correcly on the print out they gave you so it shouldn't matter but if it bugs you take it back and have them fix it. If they don't report them.

lownslow95 03-13-2012 02:21 PM

Where did you go to get this done?

Alien Visitor 03-13-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DB Dude (Post 2118562)
The shop took the car to a 2nd shop to do the emissions test, and they called and said i was in fact not exempt because it was less than 365 days from my last test. WEll apparently (according to the State Emissions board) that is an outdated regulation, and as long as I was within a 12-month period (which i was) I should be exempt. ALl the shop had to do was call it in to confirm.

Even if a regulation was outdated, unless it was changed or removed, it's still valid. I know it's stupid, but when I was doing inspections, we went by less than 5000 miles since the last inspection (must be at least one full year) for an exemption.

mckpat03 03-13-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lownslow95 (Post 2118212)
Damn, I'd like to pay that.

That's at the local Ford dealership, too. No emissions or any of that crap, though.

lownslow95 03-13-2012 04:27 PM

Nice. I'm kinda curious what the Mitsubishi dealer will charge if I were to go there to get mine done.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.