TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ***The Bored Thread.. hey, thats not a scooner its a sailboat!*** (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121378)

piku 08-27-2021 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did do a thing last year just as covid started though

jpalamar 09-10-2021 09:51 PM

I'm rocking a Chevy Cruze Premier hatch these days.

Big_Jim 09-17-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpalamar (Post 2246557)
I'm rocking a Chevy Cruze Premier hatch these days.

are you really?

jpalamar 09-18-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Jim (Post 2246565)
are you really?

Dad life

TROLL 09-23-2021 03:51 PM

Just participated in the www.rockymountainrambler500.com out here in CO -- you guys would get a kick out of it. Supposed to be $500 cars, then modded to ridiculousness. We had a Suburban my buddy picked up, its painted like tropical 90s Miami Vice.... and we lost an AC clutch and belt in the middle of nowhere that stranded us for about 8 hours until we got parts to fix it and drive back out. Still a fun event and met a ton of awesome super helpful people, even though it didn't go as planned.

Also sitting on hold with a totally incompetent tech support for the web hosting that this site and a couple others are on because they messed something up but they aren't sure how, or how to fix it. Lol at the old claims of me getting rich off of TST... I can look back at that and laugh, but I'll still never understand why some people loved me and some people truly hated me... without much reason for either. I'm just out here trying to organize some **** the best I can and hang with my frands. Never gonna make everyone happy...

For anyone interested, I think I peaked around $20k/year profit for a few years from TST -- and probably spent 40-60 hours a week working on it, definitely more at times. Totally crushing it at an hourly rate equivalent to less than minimum wage except with tons of stress and bull**** and sleepless nights trying to fix things. Now I just pay out of pocket to keep the site online still... oh well... living the dream!

alachua 10-06-2021 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROLL (Post 2246581)
Lol at the old claims of me getting rich off of TST... I can look back at that and laugh, but I'll still never understand why some people loved me and some people truly hated me... without much reason for either. I'm just out here trying to organize some **** the best I can and hang with my frands. Never gonna make everyone happy...

For anyone interested, I think I peaked around $20k/year profit for a few years from TST -- and probably spent 40-60 hours a week working on it, definitely more at times. Totally crushing it at an hourly rate equivalent to less than minimum wage except with tons of stress and bull**** and sleepless nights trying to fix things. Now I just pay out of pocket to keep the site online still... oh well... living the dream!

Man, good to see you are still kicking around on here. I wandered in wondering if the for sale sections were still active, looking for a cheap seat for a simrig, but I guess all that stuff moves on FB marketplace now.

I remember there being some random haters back in the beginning, but I always enjoyed the energy here. The members helped me get through a real dark time when I lost my job at Circuit City, both buying my used parts to help pay the rent and just hanging out online and at meets. Crazy how in the pre-'everything is a service'/'your data is our product' days people would get upset that someone got paid a little bit for the work to keep a free site up and running. Glad you at least got a some a couple of bucks from it.

For some reason I still remember "helping" pulling the trans out of your WRX in your folks garage on a miserable rainy day, being bummed that the diff fluid straight melted my mechanix gloves :rofl: I'm honestly not sure if I was more or less useful than a nice transmission jack, but I remember us having a good time (or at least I think we did).

-Cliff

Big_Jim 02-09-2022 08:03 PM

Ghost bump.

~Brian~ 02-15-2022 07:33 PM

Bump!

Big_Jim 10-20-2022 05:43 PM

bump.

~Brian~ 12-12-2022 12:33 PM

Bump...

Big_Jim 09-13-2023 10:18 PM

just stopping by to clean up the spam.