TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   FYI, Bulgarian made AK-47's for $345 in Allentown PA. (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27576)

Drftpretty 01-28-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug (Post 437387)
why do you need a fully auto machine gun...?

Sorry, shoulda made this more clear.

the AK's are ALL sold semi-auto.

You need a permit to convert one to Full auto. Legally.

Why do people need body kits? I would rather have a AK-47 than a mad Tyte JDM Demon body kit.

Drftpretty 01-28-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will@TurboTek (Post 437393)
To protect yourself and your family! :bigeek:

Some of the guys there were nuts.

There was an entire stand selling "Personal & Home safety Street Sweepers." A full auto 12 gauge shotgun!

wonner 01-28-2007 05:51 PM

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...ER/Image08.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...ER/Image09.jpg

Its Romanian...Cost me $150 :mrgreen:

the mike 01-28-2007 05:57 PM

Stupid Jersey....

Raven18940 01-28-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the mike (Post 437416)
Stupid Jersey....

I need to make a list of all the reasons not to live in jersey.

Drftpretty 01-28-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonner (Post 437408)

Yea but you bought it off of your old room mate. You cheated. Mines got that fresh Cedar Crate smell.

doug 01-28-2007 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drftpretty (Post 437399)
Sorry, shoulda made this more clear.

Why do people need body kits? I would rather have a AK-47 than a mad Tyte JDM Demon body kit.

i know this.. but still.. I don't think you require a fully auto machine gun. I don't think the normal public should not be allowed to do so. my brother in law has an M4 machine gun (scaled down M16) and he has a permit for fully auto, but he works for homeland security etc in the pentagon.. so he's allowed to have such.

Drftpretty 01-28-2007 06:39 PM

^ Good point, but I think I deal with more people on a daily basis which pose an immediate threat to my personal safety than your brother. No offense :mrgreen:

doug 01-28-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drftpretty (Post 437447)
^ Good point, but I think I deal with more people on a daily basis which pose an immediate threat to my personal safety than your brother. No offense :mrgreen:

what do you do for a living? just out of curiosity. i can imagine someone breaking into your house and meeting a fury of fully auto.... lol. im sure they'd crap themselves.

Ronin Tactical 01-28-2007 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug (Post 437387)
why do you need a fully auto machine gun...?

Why do you need a 300 whp, all-wheel drive, turbocharged car, when a Cavalier still serves the purpose of Point A - Point B conveyance?

If you have to ask, an explanation still won't help...

Dave 01-28-2007 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the mike (Post 437416)
Stupid Jersey....

actually theres nj legal aks now. i know hagues had them last time i was in there.

drrft you're thinking shotgun news

doug 01-28-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lewis (Post 437596)
Why do you need a 300 whp, all-wheel drive, turbocharged car, when a Cavalier still serves the purpose of Point A - Point B conveyance?

If you have to ask, an explanation still won't help...

because cavaliers suck? hah. Cars don't shoot people. Cars can't be taken from their father and taken in to a school and fired at fellow students. I just think it's WAAAAAAY to easy still to get a weapon that fires at a high rate. Trust me, I like guns.. I like fully auto weapons and firepower.. military stuff etc etc. But a normal household doesn't require a fully auto weapon. a single burst rifle is enough, and much more accurate :P

So please, no need for your modest post. :)

ITSTOCK 01-28-2007 11:33 PM

Wow. I'm not surprised to see the amount of misinformation, or just straight up outrageously wrong information.

So in short, I will tell that you might want to either first read a bit more on laws, or prepare to get bent over by the law if caught, and than you can read this...

NO, YOU CAN NOT PAY $200 TO CONVERT YOUR AK TO FULL AUTO.

ITSTOCK 01-28-2007 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drftpretty (Post 437207)
FYI, the full auto permit is only a $200 lifetime fee!

No, it's not. Please stop spreading misinformation.

ITSTOCK 01-28-2007 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drftpretty (Post 437399)

Ah, no. You need quite a bit more than a "permit" to convert. Please stop spewing this crap to people who will believe you.

doug 01-28-2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITSTOCK (Post 437668)
Ah, no. You need quite a bit more than a "permit" to convert. Please stop spewing this crap to people who will believe you.

Don't different states have different laws? I'm unsure of the law.. but I'm sure it's not just one permit to fill out and 200 dollars.

ITSTOCK 01-28-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug (Post 437439)
i know this.. but still.. I don't think you require a fully auto machine gun. I don't think the normal public should not be allowed to do so. my brother in law has an M4 machine gun (scaled down M16) and he has a permit for fully auto, but he works for homeland security etc in the pentagon.. so he's allowed to have such.

You are absolutely correct when it comes to self-defense as a CIVILIAN. There literally isn't a circumstance that I could think of where you would need to use a FULL AUTO for self-defense while living in the US (even the ****ty parts). Multiple reasons include stray bullets, bad aim, well, useless. On a battlefield or circumstance in which heavy cover is required (secret service comes to quick mind), or a massive attack, full autos are absolutely essential. As a civilian, there isn't a SELF DEFENSE USE.

WITH THAT SAID, guns are GREAT hobbies to get involved with. If you have the money to own and/or acquire a full auto weapon, GO FOR IT. I have had the pleasure of shooting them (you can rent them at the range) and they are WELL worth it.

Finally, I will be picking up my semi-auto Robinson Arms XCR tuesday night (can't wait for the Sig 556 anymore).

ITSTOCK 01-28-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug (Post 437670)
Don't different states have different laws? I'm unsure of the law.. but I'm sure it's not just one permit to fill out and 200 dollars.

Certain states absolutely do NOT allow full auto guns. Actually, certain states make it hard to own any guns. PA DOES ALLOW YOU THE FREEDOM AND GRANT THE RIGHT TO OWN (and have a CCW). You can buy a preban (pre 86) full auto weapon as long as you pay $200 tax, get it approved by your local police department, get fingerprinted/picture taken, and pay the money for the gun itself (plus criminal background checks). REMEMBER THAT PRE BAN GUNS THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY OWN WILL RUN YOU A MIN. UPWARDS OF $5,000, and for a decent one will cost over $20,000.

Also, try reading what I just typed. Drift IS NOT IN THE POSITION TO CONVERT THAT GUN, NEITHER IS ANYONE ELSE ON THIS BOARD (that I am aware of at least).

doug 01-29-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITSTOCK (Post 437675)
You are absolutely correct when it comes to self-defense as a CIVILIAN. There literally isn't a circumstance that I could think of where you would need to use a FULL AUTO for self-defense while living in the US (even the ****ty parts). Multiple reasons include stray bullets, bad aim, well, useless. On a battlefield or circumstance in which heavy cover is required (secret service comes to quick mind), or a massive attack, full autos are absolutely essential. As a civilian, there isn't a SELF DEFENSE USE.

WITH THAT SAID, guns are GREAT hobbies to get involved with. If you have the money to own and/or acquire a full auto weapon, GO FOR IT. I have had the pleasure of shooting them (you can rent them at the range) and they are WELL worth it.

Finally, I will be picking up my semi-auto Robinson Arms XCR tuesday night (can't wait for the Sig 556 anymore).

That's exactly what I meant... thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITSTOCK (Post 437677)
Certain states absolutely do NOT allow full auto guns. Actually, certain states make it hard to own any guns. PA DOES ALLOW YOU THE FREEDOM AND GRANT THE RIGHT TO OWN (and have a CCW). You can buy a preban (pre 86) full auto weapon as long as you pay $200 tax, get it approved by your local police department, get fingerprinted/picture taken, and pay the money for the gun itself.

Also, try reading what I just typed. Drift IS NOT IN THE POSITION TO CONVERT THAT GUN, NEITHER IS ANYONE ELSE ON THIS BOARD (that I am aware of at least).

That's what I figured... thanks for the information.

Ronin Tactical 01-29-2007 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug (Post 437642)
because cavaliers suck? hah. Cars don't shoot people. Cars can't be taken from their father and taken in to a school and fired at fellow students. I just think it's WAAAAAAY to easy still to get a weapon that fires at a high rate. Trust me, I like guns.. I like fully auto weapons and firepower.. military stuff etc etc. But a normal household doesn't require a fully auto weapon. a single burst rifle is enough, and much more accurate :P

So please, no need for your modest post.

Hmmm, how much trouble could someone get into in a car? Perhaps driving into a crowd of people, killing yourself and others while racing, etc - guns don't kill people, just like cars don't kill people - idiots operating either are at fault.

If you're not an idiot, you have nothing to worry about. If you ARE an idiot, you can kill yourself with a mop bucket, I suppose.