TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ***TST's Official "Whatever" Thread*** (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40740)

DPancoast 07-20-2009 12:56 PM

In a hey why not scenario, I'd move in with Michelle in Hatfield somewhere. There's some cheap places for rent that are niccccceee

Oakes 07-20-2009 01:01 PM

Yeah, I might lean into the architecture aspect of the field and not the engineering as I'm more interested in the design. However, there is an insane amount of money in the arch. engin. field

djb5118 07-20-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakes (Post 1442255)
Yeah, I might lean into the architecture aspect of the field and not the engineering as I'm more interested in the design. However, there is an insane amount of money in the arch. engin. field

yea, i was looking into design as a profession and i realized that the money is in the engeneering and contracting aspects of the field. its cool to say you are an architect, but you wont be making very good money until you have been out working for a pretty long time

but at least you get your name on the sign :mrgreen:

HickRocket1258 07-20-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliott18t (Post 1442240)
we are looking at houses with at least 4 bedrooms..

some have been about 3,500 sqft and actually affordable to us :mrgreen: which is good because we need space lol

Yeah I told the girlfriend as long as we have enough room to build an extra garage. I am used to not living so cramped like some houses are. Plus I have a couple things being added to my stable next year and need somewhere to park them.

phate1229 07-20-2009 01:24 PM

**** I overslept.

russiankid 07-20-2009 01:26 PM

Damn it. I was changing the diff fluid in the bimmer and like usual I have to go get new crush washers because the god damn salt corroded them.

Meeshell 07-20-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPancoast (Post 1442251)
In a hey why not scenario, I'd move in with Michelle in Hatfield somewhere. There's some cheap places for rent that are niccccceee

You say this here but try to talk me out of it in real life.. You're silly.

But true story. Fully furnished w/ good amenities and **** for $700 a month. If I didn't have the brain to keep saving and taking advantage of the good deal of no rent I have going with my parents right now I'd totally be out on my own. Hmm if things keep going how it seems like they are at home maybe I'll be doing that sooner rather than later.

Oakes 07-20-2009 01:31 PM

Keep saving. Seriously.

Meeshell 07-20-2009 01:41 PM

I am... I'm surprisingly smart with my money ever since I got my job where I am 3 years ago. In comparison to what a make a month I hardly spend any money at all. Plus I moved a bunch around at my bank this weekend and opened a CD at a really ****ty rate too. Stupid economy. All I'm saying is that in 9 months those % rates better be looking nicer than 1.4%.

/economy talk otherwise I won't want to read this thread for the rest of the afternoon

Elliott18t 07-20-2009 01:43 PM

ouch 1.4%... ok enough of that.

Oakes 07-20-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meeshell (Post 1442298)
I am... I'm surprisingly smart with my money ever since I got my job where I am 3 years ago. In comparison to what a make a month I hardly spend any money at all. Plus I moved a bunch around at my bank this weekend and opened a CD at a really ****ty rate too. Stupid economy. All I'm saying is that in 9 months those % rates better be looking nicer than 1.4%.

/economy talk otherwise I won't want to read this thread for the rest of the afternoon

I got one of those locked accelerated savings accounts...at 5%...It's awesome to see all that money sit there and not be able to use it lol. Damn early opening fees. I might even lock it for longer though.

ANYWAY. What to do today, what to do.

HickRocket1258 07-20-2009 01:45 PM

Yeah I'm about to put some money back into a cd as well. Just so I can have some more money aside trying to save for a house.

phate1229 07-20-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakes (Post 1442303)

once I get this **** sorted out we're going to the gym

HickRocket1258 07-20-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakes (Post 1442303)

Something productive?

Erik 07-20-2009 01:50 PM

my piercing is like infected. Only my ear lobe, but it feels like theres a rock in my ear lobe

Oakes 07-20-2009 01:50 PM

I've been OVER productive for the last week straight lol. I'm gonna go to the gym and then wash my car and then go to the Broomall meet, any of you suckas comin?

DPancoast 07-20-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meeshell (Post 1442281)
You say this here but try to talk me out of it in real life.. You're silly.

But true story. Fully furnished w/ good amenities and **** for $700 a month. If I didn't have the brain to keep saving and taking advantage of the good deal of no rent I have going with my parents right now I'd totally be out on my own. Hmm if things keep going how it seems like they are at home maybe I'll be doing that sooner rather than later.

lol it's because you'll be set for life if you keep saving and living as bill free as possible for as long as you can. It sounds nice to move out when you feel like it but putting up with it now for as long as you can (or have too depending on what happens) will benefit you in the long run. Plus watching how good you're being/doing is making me realize I need to figure something out and start getting put of this **** I'm in with money.

Anyways, enough of that crap!

hottubpartyatmichelleshousetonighteveryoneisinvite dclothingisoptionalunlessyourenickoakesthenitsproh ibited

HickRocket1258 07-20-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakes (Post 1442315)
I've been OVER productive for the last week straight lol. I'm gonna go to the gym and then wash my car and then go to the Broomall meet, any of you suckas comin?

Maybe I'll go next week to the Broomall meet. I hear the Exton one has had some good crowds lately.

Oakes 07-20-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPancoast (Post 1442319)

hottubpartyatmichelleshousetonighteveryoneisinvite dclothingisoptionalunlessyourenickoakesthenitsproh ibited

I don't wear clothes

Quote:

Originally Posted by HickRocket1258 (Post 1442324)
Maybe I'll go next week to the Broomall meet. I hear the Exton one has had some good crowds lately.

Yes it has, lot of higher end cars and were doing our best to keep the showings like that and no d-bags

HickRocket1258 07-20-2009 02:03 PM

Maybe I'll have to stop by the Exton one then. I haven't been to one due to the fact the gf now has off fridays.