TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ***TST's Official "Whatever" Thread*** (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40740)

Scapegoat 01-10-2009 11:14 AM

i could be taking off the control arms on my parts truck right now :(

and tomorrow is the eagles game... i can't miss that....

Oakes 01-10-2009 11:25 AM

eagles game is a not-missable event, but the bandwagoners are gonna be out like crazy lol. Just like the phillies "fans" haha, but yeah, got the heat on and the tunes ready in the garage. trying to get Poormans'R to wake his ass up and bring over the extra jack stands so i can take all 4 off at once instead of one side at a time.

Scapegoat 01-10-2009 11:30 AM

yeah i didn't follow the phillies at all... i think i had the game on while i watched tv... er... no, i turned it on after i found out they won. turned the news on to catch the story. lol...

eagles, i'm a fan. i catch most of the games while i'm doing other **** at home, mainly because i can't concentrate on one thing at a time. so the eagles game will be on, and i'll def be doing other stuff in my apartment... programming or something... i'm building the website for my homebrew club, so i could theoretically start construction...

omgjacki 01-10-2009 11:40 AM

I follow the Phillies, I follow the Eagles, but I don't watch hockey or basketball. I could never sit through a whole game. But I love football and I grew up playing baseball.

abrok99 01-10-2009 11:45 AM

well after my dad promising he can take me to look at a car he starts making up bull**** excuses on why itsa bad car thinking im three "oh yeah it doesnt have airbags in it" give me a ****ing break!

Oakes 01-10-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgjacki (Post 1222995)
I follow the Phillies, I follow the Eagles, but I don't watch hockey or basketball. I could never sit through a whole game. But I love football and I grew up playing softball.

Unless you were one of THOSE girls.....

I've played baseball from t-ball to high school, I gave it up in high school because school was too far and too many other things going on. My little brother is playing for the same school and anytime my coachs see me they come up and remind me that I never shoulda quit, that I coulda been something with it.

BUUUUUTTT I didn't want to, my brother got drafted to play pro, was in the system for 7 years and is now coaching for Coastal Carolina University while going back to college because he was drafted out of high school. I was told I coulda been just as good, or better than him, I didn't see it but I know I can throw a ball hard.

omgjacki 01-10-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrok99 (Post 1223000)
well after my dad promising he can take me to look at a car he starts making up bull**** excuses on why itsa bad car thinking im three "oh yeah it doesnt have airbags in it" give me a ****ing break!

Ugh... I remember that. I avoided a few cars because I didn't feel like listening to him critisize them. Then one day I was like, **** it, and bought my 240. ****, if he would have been there when I went to get it, I would not have been bringing it home. He still talks **** and it runs and drives like a dream. Aside from my suspension being stiff as balls, of course.

Oakes 01-10-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgjacki (Post 1223006)
Ugh... I remember that. I avoided a few cars because I didn't feel like listening to him critisize them. Then one day I was like, **** it, and bought my 240. ****, if he would have been there when I went to get it, I would not have been bringing it home. He still talks **** and it runs and drives like a dream. Aside from my suspension being stiff as balls, of course.

I don't recall my balls being stiff, however the other part of the package..........

omgjacki 01-10-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakes (Post 1223004)
Unless you were one of THOSE girls.....

I've played baseball from t-ball to high school, I gave it up in high school because school was too far and too many other things going on. My little brother is playing for the same school and anytime my coachs see me they come up and remind me that I never shoulda quit, that I coulda been something with it.

BUUUUUTTT I didn't want to, my brother got drafted to play pro, was in the system for 7 years and is now coaching for Coastal Carolina University while going back to college because he was drafted out of high school. I was told I coulda been just as good, or better than him, I didn't see it but I know I can throw a ball hard.

No, I never played softball. I played t-ball for a few years, and when I deceded I didn't want to play softball (I was a really stubborn kid) I quit and just played in the neighborhood. We had more kids getting together for fun then the neighborhood teams had. I miss those days...

omgjacki 01-10-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakes (Post 1223009)
I don't recall my balls being stiff, however the other part of the package..........

You know what I mean =P

abrok99 01-10-2009 11:51 AM

i'm sick of it every import i show him unless its a car he owned is ****. now he showing me this gay ass lincoln saying there great car's after when his friend bought one he said to me "there not that great of cars i'd never own one"

Oakes 01-10-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgjacki (Post 1223010)
No, I never played softball. I played t-ball for a few years, and when I deceded I didn't want to play softball (I was a really stubborn kid) I quit and just played in the neighborhood. We had more kids getting together for fun then the neighborhood teams had. I miss those days...

Gotcha, I miss those days as well, it seems to me that city kids (like us) knew how to have fun and waste time back in the day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgjacki (Post 1223012)
You know what I mean =P

:wink:

Oakes 01-10-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrok99 (Post 1223016)
i'm sick of it every import i show him unless its a car he owned is ****. now he showing me this gay ass lincoln saying there great car's after when his friend bought one he said to me "there not that great of cars i'd never own one"

What cars are you showing him?

lownslow95 01-10-2009 11:56 AM

If I'm looking at getting a car, I don't even bother showing my dad because he will be like, that things a piece of crap. I'm just going to buy a car one day, have it sit in my driveway, and be like I bought this, end of story.

Scapegoat 01-10-2009 11:57 AM

abrok realize two things...

you're a kid
your dad has years of experience

that being said, the car you buy at this age should be heavy and slow. :lol: to keep you safe in an accident, and to keep the rest of us safe while you're on the road

omgjacki 01-10-2009 11:58 AM

My dad is a typical red neck. Chevy all the way. So when I almost bought that DA back in the summer, he was complaining, and when I told him I wanted a 240SX he was doing whatever he could to talk me out of it. It sooooo wasn't happening.

abrok99 01-10-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakes (Post 1223019)
What cars are you showing him?

pretty much 240sx's and like impreza's and what not. i only have like 2500 to spend on a car so keep showing him these car's and he's like you could get a better bang for your buck. but he keeps showing me cars's i wouldn't drive if they were given to me for free. (its sounds rediculous saying it but my reason is i can get a car i want for cheaper and less miles than the one's he showing me):eek:

lownslow95 01-10-2009 12:01 PM

My dad I think in my mind is a Ford guy. He always tells me how he wants a Mustang, like a '67.

omgjacki 01-10-2009 12:02 PM

Ugh, he keeps saying he wants to take it for a drive, listen for noises, see how it drives. He'll have a heartattack. It needs a slave cylinder, the power steering is making noises, the timing chain rattles slightly under about 800 RPMs and since the suspension is so stiff it make a lot of noises over bumps and stuff. I don't care though. I know the car, I'm comfortable in it, it was paid for with MY money, it's registered in MY name and it's insured in MY name. He's beat if he says I can't drive it.

lownslow95 01-10-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrok99 (Post 1223031)
pretty much 240sx's and like impreza's and what not. i only have like 2500 to spend on a car so keep showing him these car's and he's like you could get a better bang for your buck. but he keeps showing me cars's i wouldn't drive if they were given to me for free. (its sounds rediculous saying it but my reason is i can get a car i want for cheaper and less miles than the one's he showing me):eek:

As my first car was a 1995 Integra. Best $5K I spent on a car. Easy to fix and parts are cheap. What has your dad showed you so far?