TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   More cell phone nonsense (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25002)

poolmike 12-13-2006 05:53 PM

More cell phone nonsense

So I've had a Verizon plan for a few years now, for myself, my wife, and my mother. Mom's phone used 7(seven) minutes last year. Pam's phone is 2 years old, get used frequently, but looks brand new.

Now for my phone....The Motorola V265 that has been to hell and back, run over by my Jeep, dropped from the high-dive to the bottom of the pool at Princeton University, gone swimming in several other pools, sucked through a Honda 12H.P. 'mud-sucker' pump, survived several battles with Mother Nature....is finally dying, and needs a good replacement.

I really liked this phone as well as Verizon's reception. However, my plan isn't up until Jan.20,2007 and they want to charge me full price for a new phone if I buy it today...even if I sign up for another 2 years!! A penalty for being a good repeat customer. That really burns my diesel. Time for a new provider:mad:

MuddyREX 12-13-2006 05:54 PM

You'll find the same crap elsewhere.

I hate cell phone providers too. They all suck.

StealthTC 12-13-2006 06:03 PM

Yeah Man I have had them all and Verizon is the best just call and complain some more they will give you what you want. Just tell them you seen a special with Cingular and you were going to head that way because it would be a cheaper and better option. Believe I know I used to work for Verizon ask Barry I gave him all kinds of tips and pointers when and how to complain to Verizon :)

den9 12-13-2006 06:34 PM

my aunt says she just goes into stores and says i want this phone and im not paying for it, she said it always works.

i guess thats if ur a new customer

poolmike 12-13-2006 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by den9 (Post 394662)
my aunt says she just goes into stores and says i want this phone and im not paying for it, she said it always works.

i guess thats if ur a new customer

That didn't work for me. They laughed.

DuBTEK3060 12-13-2006 06:36 PM

most places will charge you full price unless you're eligible for an upgrade...

it sucks i worked for t-mobile, seems like they are the only ones that really care..

i had to bitch out a verizon guy cuz my phone was broken and he wouldnt look at it cuz my dad's name was on the account...

poolmike 12-13-2006 06:42 PM

I'm just angry because they won't give me the discounted prices that I will be elegible for next month. I'm not complaining about the phone that I killed myself. I just want a new phone, with another 2 year contract, and they won't take care of me:furious:

ITSTOCK 12-13-2006 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuddyREX (Post 394579)
I hate cell phone providers too. They all suck.

End Thread.

But poolmike, my ex went through the same thing with verizon, at the store. She was a week away from ending, and they wouldn't let her get the phone for the renewal contract price :roll:

TROLL 12-13-2006 07:11 PM

mike, you can get the 'new every 2' thing every 22 months... if you arent eligible for it for another 6 weeks then just wait it out... you'll get the discount for the phone because of your new 2 year contract and then $100 off the phone too, so it makes most of the phones really cheap or free.
i just got a LG VX8600 and its pretty nice... just simple phone functions but its very thin and light and i like it a lot, and total cost was $30 for me on it.

GeforceXtreme 12-13-2006 08:21 PM

Kind of stinks that verizon does not use sim cards (they still don't right?) Could just Ebay one up and pop your sim card into it? My buddy got his off Craigs list

ITSTOCK 12-13-2006 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeforceXtreme (Post 394813)
Kind of stinks that verizon does not use sim cards (they still don't right?) Could just Ebay one up and pop your sim card into it? My buddy got his off Craigs list

No, they don't.

CobaltGrl 12-13-2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuBTEK3060 (Post 394666)
most places will charge you full price unless you're eligible for an upgrade...

it sucks i worked for t-mobile, seems like they are the only ones that really care..

i had to bitch out a verizon guy cuz my phone was broken and he wouldnt look at it cuz my dad's name was on the account...

T-Mobile FTW! I love them! They have the best customer service by far.

poolmike 12-13-2006 10:11 PM

I got them to cave in over the phone...sort of. I can get a deal on two phones after Dec.18. I'm still mildly angry. No one should have to jump through hoops to voluntarily spend $$$$ with a company. Corporate A$$h0les

james_ls 12-14-2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobaltGrl (Post 394870)
T-Mobile FTW! I love them! They have the best customer service by far.

Agreed.

Honduh 12-14-2006 12:12 AM

I had a long 2 years with cingular. Never would cut a deal with me. My phone ended up stop working, I think its ok because I've been paying for insurance for 18 months no biggie. I go into the store and tell them my problem and say I have insurance. Well they end up telling me that my phone is no longer made so they can't replace it. I twitch alittle bit and say "well then why have I been paying insurance for so long?" They say "I'm sorry I can't help you, but you can buy a new phone for 150 bucks" After some more harsh words and them being stronger then I, and me needing a phone for work and personal contacts I cave and pay for 150ish for a new phone, that was already out dated and sucked. Needless to say I canceled my plan with cingular and went with Nextel because my boss wanted me to anyway.

I hate cell phones. They cause me nothing but needless conversations with people I secertly don't like.

TROLL 12-14-2006 12:13 AM

mike... you're the man, but i dont understand why you're getting worked up over needing to have a phone 6 weeks early. i mean the rules are the rules and they hook you up every 22 months, so thats just what i go by. i anxiously waited till early dec when i was due for a new phone but i knew thats how the game was played.

poolmike 12-14-2006 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROLL (Post 395167)
mike... you're the man, but i dont understand why you're getting worked up over needing to have a phone 6 weeks early. i mean the rules are the rules and they hook you up every 22 months, so thats just what i go by. i anxiously waited till early dec when i was due for a new phone but i knew thats how the game was played.

Customers can't call me, that is why it is a little bit painful.

Honduh 12-14-2006 12:45 AM

home phone ftw?

Vypurr2 12-14-2006 01:14 AM

My buddy works at a private cell phone store who deals with Verizon. He said to ask about an early upgrade.

TROLL 12-14-2006 01:31 AM

oh, until now i didn't realize your phone actually wasn't working.

i just replaced my LG VX7000 and it works fine if you want to borrow it for a month or two... i'm pretty sure they can set it up to ring for your number easily, and my phone comes with the best background ever :wink: