TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parts and Vendor Reviews (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Ground Zero Performance = THE WORST EVER (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72292)

Tru2Blu 01-14-2009 02:29 PM

Ground Zero Performance = THE WORST EVER

This is just a heads up for anyone thinking about buying a car from these people or taking their car there for service. DO NOT DO IT.

Short Story:

Bought my 92 vr4 from these people in febuary of 2008. And its been running for at most 4 months since i had it. They promised me everything that was wrong with the car would be fixed free of charge over time. I was stupid enough to trust them. After recently breaking down again, my car is now at 3s motors in long island. And the list of things wrong with the car is huge. For anyone who wants to doubt me. go on 3si.org and search GZP or hans.

I know ur going to see this Hans, or maybe Emilie will see it first. KARMA is a bytch. And I hope to god our parts never cross.

CHAOS 01-14-2009 02:32 PM

didnt you have a really long thread about them before?

Tru2Blu 01-14-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHAOS (Post 1230055)
didnt you have a really long thread about them before?

yeah i did, cuz i could not get intouch with them. this is not for me to get in touch, its a warning for potential victims.

HatchSurfer3 01-14-2009 02:36 PM

is that the same car you're trying to sell in your sig? I hope everything works out for you.

TalonTsi97 01-14-2009 02:42 PM

It's funny because i've heard a lot of bad things about them myself from being around a bunch of forums for so many years. I'm suprised they are still in business and still post here always having an excuse.
Good luck with everything.

Tru2Blu 01-14-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HatchSurfer3 (Post 1230063)
is that the same car you're trying to sell in your sig? I hope everything works out for you.

Yeah it was, I'm not selling it anymore. I didnt know it needed all that it needed. Im glad it didnt sell cuz i would have looked like a real ass hat

Tru2Blu 01-14-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalonTsi97 (Post 1230084)
It's funny because i've heard a lot of bad things about them myself from being around a bunch of forums for so many years. I'm suprised they are still in business and still post here always having an excuse.
Good luck with everything.

Yeah, Thanks to a member on here, i was recommended to 3smotors in long island, and their reputaion preceeds them, so im comfortable. its alot of money ill be forking out in the next month or so. but ill be aight.

Eclipse GSX 61 01-14-2009 03:45 PM

I have heard numerous compalints about them. Thank god I don't own a 3000gt.

Vr-4-Life 01-14-2009 04:40 PM

What is "everything" that your car needs? id really like to know.

Tru2Blu 01-14-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse GSX 61 (Post 1230246)
I have heard numerous compalints about them. Thank god I don't own a 3000gt.

The cars are pretty nice. Its that Hans and his shop. Worst car buying experience ever. When i think about it, i want to cause him serious bodily harm.

tretiak 01-14-2009 05:02 PM

yeah my friend devin was in business with hans a few years ago i beleive. dont worry tru ur not the only one who wants to cause serious injury to him.

Tru2Blu 01-14-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vr-4-Life (Post 1230375)
What is "everything" that your car needs? id really like to know.

Well according to hans, the motor and trans was rebuilt. Found out they just dropped a JDM 4 bolt in there.

60K needs to be done.
Car has 3 original plug wires (like never replaced) so plugs and wires need to be replaced
Brakes and rotors all around.
Axel
Rear turbo return line.
Oil pan is leaking ( could be the rear main seal)
And the car has poor wiring, so its being redone.

This is besides the other stuff you know about.

Tru2Blu 01-14-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tretiak (Post 1230432)
yeah my friend devin was in business with hans a few years ago i beleive. dont worry tru ur not the only one who wants to cause serious injury to him.

Yeah i know, damn near everyone on 3si.org wants a piece of him, and his girl too.

Vr-4-Life 01-14-2009 05:54 PM

I guess thats why they say buyer beware.

Origional plug wires are easy to notice right off the bat too. Do you have anything in writing that they say was done to the car?

Tru2Blu 01-14-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vr-4-Life (Post 1230581)
I guess thats why they say buyer beware.

Origional plug wires are easy to notice right off the bat too. Do you have anything in writing that they say was done to the car?

Nah, only paper work i got is from recent work. That i paid them to do. And X1000 on the buyer beware.

Shoolig 01-14-2009 08:41 PM

I've never had trouble with Hans, I buy parts from him whenever I need anything and he did some work on my 300ZX before (downpipes to be specific) he charged 200 bucks for installation and even helped me splice a bad 02 sensor with a used Skyline sensor he had laying around.

Hans is responsible for about 80% of the OEM parts used in my friends 3000GT twin turbo conversion, he always gave him good prices and good condition stuff.

He has had my friends 3000GT (black one for sale) in and out in less than 3 days for a new waterpump including waiting on parts to arrive, he was able to track down the reason the fan wasn't kicking on either after the TT swap (pins in TT ecu are different than N/A for fan relay) and hot wired it so he could make it home ok.

Chances are the 3000GT you bought from Hans is nicer than about 60% of TT 3000GT's you'll find for sale... excluding 3si.org since they know their cars and maintain them properly. My first 3KGT VR4 spun a bearing less than 2000 miles of driving, I WAS FURIOUS, but, I should've expected it considering the engine had 9x,xxx miles on it.

My friend Chris's car also spun a bearing while it was N/A and he is a maint. FREAK, he is on the 3rd engine now, 2nd transmission, 4th clutch, 3rd alternator, 3rd starter, 12 sets of plugs (at least lol), 2 water pumps. Only thing original in the car is the radiator, wiring harness, carpet/dash, body parts and glass, steering wheel/turn signal thingy, and seat belts.

Unless you get really lucky (or buy a 3/S from an enthusiast) expect a 3000GT to have one or more of the following:

Broken active aero
Probably one turbo ready to take a poop, usually the back.
An oil leak from somewhere.
Beat side bolster
Grind 1 or more gears (often, or, on occasion)
Poorly maintained timebomb for an engine.
In dire need of a 60 or 120k.
Mild to moderate lifter tick
ECS that doesn't work
Probably 1 slow window (or vertical scratching on it)
1 or more missing exhaust tips
Active exhaust actuator seized
Rattly TOB
Among a few other things.

If it runs and drives and I doesn't spin a bearing, I call it a win.

As you can see, I don't expect much in a used car... but... buyer be warned if you don't know how to remove a transmission or replace a turbo DO NOT buy a 3/S TT, they need a lot of attention- they're very nice cars when working properly but they do need attention, and, even the nicest ones break.

You bought a 3000GT, expect to replace a part or fix an issue every one-two months.

I know the 3000GT you bought probably was bought my Hans with a bad motor, and, recieved the stronger 4 bolt and was brought back to life. It's a really good starting point and for around 5,000 dollars considering the motor plus labor would cost close to that if you ever had to replace it (including labor). If you buy a used car there is absolutely no warranty, it sucks but I've read your thread- and the problems with the car aren't really that bad- I'd just fix it and enjoy it.

If you lived closer I wouldn't even mind lending a serious hand, I don't mind working on them... I do it at least once a month anyway haha.

rich33389 01-14-2009 09:14 PM

I have heard plenty of horror stories about Hanz at GZP.
That being said, I never had a problem and he gives me alot of free stuff and never had a problem. Although I do all the work to my car and never let anyone else do it for me.

tretiak 01-14-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tru2Blu (Post 1230509)
Yeah i know, damn near everyone on 3si.org wants a piece of him, and his girl too.

oh yeah i know ive heard plenty of horror stories. like my friend cj had a 2g gs-t took it to hans to have him put on a 50 trim turbo, got the car back was driving it home and it started overheating he pulled over and he had no coolant at all.needless to say he wasnt happy and almost put hans in his place.i think i should really tell my friend devin about this so he can post up his stories he got.

Vr-4-Life 01-15-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoolig (Post 1230962)
I've never had trouble with Hans, I buy parts from him whenever I need anything and he did some work on my 300ZX before (downpipes to be specific) he charged 200 bucks for installation and even helped me splice a bad 02 sensor with a used Skyline sensor he had laying around.

Hans is responsible for about 80% of the OEM parts used in my friends 3000GT twin turbo conversion, he always gave him good prices and good condition stuff.

He has had my friends 3000GT (black one for sale) in and out in less than 3 days for a new waterpump including waiting on parts to arrive, he was able to track down the reason the fan wasn't kicking on either after the TT swap (pins in TT ecu are different than N/A for fan relay) and hot wired it so he could make it home ok.

Chances are the 3000GT you bought from Hans is nicer than about 60% of TT 3000GT's you'll find for sale... excluding 3si.org since they know their cars and maintain them properly. My first 3KGT VR4 spun a bearing less than 2000 miles of driving, I WAS FURIOUS, but, I should've expected it considering the engine had 9x,xxx miles on it.

My friend Chris's car also spun a bearing while it was N/A and he is a maint. FREAK, he is on the 3rd engine now, 2nd transmission, 4th clutch, 3rd alternator, 3rd starter, 12 sets of plugs (at least lol), 2 water pumps. Only thing original in the car is the radiator, wiring harness, carpet/dash, body parts and glass, steering wheel/turn signal thingy, and seat belts.

Unless you get really lucky (or buy a 3/S from an enthusiast) expect a 3000GT to have one or more of the following:

Broken active aero Mine works 100%
Probably one turbo ready to take a poop, usually the back. Both turbos have no shaft play
An oil leak from somewhere.No oil leaks
Beat side bolster Minimal bolster wear
Grind 1 or more gears (often, or, on occasion) tranny shifts 100% from launch to redline
Poorly maintained timebomb for an engine. who knows its still going strong
In dire need of a 60 or 120k. performed.
Mild to moderate lifter tick yep got that in the cold heh
ECS that doesn't work works 100%
Probably 1 slow window (or vertical scratching on it) minor scratches
1 or more missing exhaust tips all four present
Active exhaust actuator seized active exhaust works
Rattly TOB nope
Among a few other things.

If it runs and drives and I doesn't spin a bearing, I call it a win.

As you can see, I don't expect much in a used car... but... buyer be warned if you don't know how to remove a transmission or replace a turbo DO NOT buy a 3/S TT, they need a lot of attention- they're very nice cars when working properly but they do need attention, and, even the nicest ones break.

You bought a 3000GT, expect to replace a part or fix an issue every one-two months.

I know the 3000GT you bought probably was bought my Hans with a bad motor, and, recieved the stronger 4 bolt and was brought back to life. It's a really good starting point and for around 5,000 dollars considering the motor plus labor would cost close to that if you ever had to replace it (including labor). If you buy a used car there is absolutely no warranty, it sucks but I've read your thread- and the problems with the car aren't really that bad- I'd just fix it and enjoy it.

If you lived closer I wouldn't even mind lending a serious hand, I don't mind working on them... I do it at least once a month anyway haha.

maybe i just got lucky but my vr4 is MINT. Garage kept and it was owned by a 25 year old.

I saw tru2blues and i felt like it was frankenstiened together with spare parts...

buyer beware.. I have no problems with hans and i may give them some business one day

Tru2Blu 01-15-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vr-4-Life (Post 1231450)
maybe i just got lucky but my vr4 is MINT. Garage kept and it was owned by a 25 year old.

I saw tru2blues and i felt like it was frankenstiened together with spare parts...

buyer beware.. I have no problems with hans and i may give them some business one day

Good lucc man. Im just going to cut my losses and stay away from him. Save me some trouble