TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Member Journals (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   2000 Solara SLE (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119550)

Zaior 10-05-2011 10:37 AM

2000 Solara SLE

4 Attachment(s)
Before I get into anything, yes, my car is an automatic. I can drive stick, but I just never seem to find a car that is stick that i can afford/like, that hasnt been beaten to ****.

Alright so I just created this account yesterday, and I am from Springfield, PA although I do drive around a lot, so feel free to tell me whether you have spotted me or not!

I know most people would be against modding up an automatic car, but i don't really care, since all i seem to be able to focus on anymore is cars, and i cant afford a new one at the current time, so I am going to mod this one.

So far I have:
Bought the Car
Tinted the Windows
Gotten a used Kicker L7
Debadged it yesterday

Okay so here is what I am going to do
Wheels/Tires for Xmas
Catback hopefully this weekend, I get paid tomorrow.
Head Unit
New Taillights (They make the 3 Circle Scion-like Taillights for it)
Lower it 1.5 inches
New Spark Plugs
Replace Speakers
And after I graduate this year, I still have to decide whether I am going to supercharge this car, or start saving for a new one. Depends how far along I am.
There are plenty other mods I want to do/am going to do, this is just all i can think of off the top of my head.

This is all as of Today Wednesday October 5th, 2011.

Here are a few pictures of it before i debadged it. Doesnt really make a difference in the pictures though.

I plan to be very active on here updating this every time that i do something new to my car.

I would love to have some people comment and tell me what they think about it. Or ask what i had in mind for certain parts. I have almost everything planned out.
Thanks,
Doug (Zaior)

Dball sxt 10-05-2011 10:48 AM

Just beacuse it is and auto doesn't make it a bad car. Hell mine is auto as well. The Solara is a pretty nice car, they seel a very nice lip kit for it that make the car look 10x better.

jpalamar 10-05-2011 11:26 AM

Nothing wrong with the auto part. Thats just personal preference.

I wouldn't spend any money modding this car though.

Big_Jim 10-05-2011 11:39 AM

Nothing wrong at all with an auto.
You should do this to it:
http://www.stanceworks.com/wp-conten...00-600x399.jpg

Bates 10-05-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Jim (Post 2053746)

Don't post stuff like that! You might actually make me like Solaras. Lol.

Zaior 10-05-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bates (Post 2053756)
Don't post stuff like that! You might actually make me like Solaras. Lol.

I'm actually using that picture as a model no joke... And also I'll make sure you start to like them :)

Zaior 10-05-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Jim (Post 2053746)

I'm gonna ... Just not that low.. Too high of a driveway at home :(

Bates 10-05-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaior (Post 2053758)
I'm actually using that picture as a model no joke... And also I'll make sure you start to like them :)

I just don't like the body line and shape of these cars. They look bloated to me. But that picture is sexy. I guess low fixes being bloated looking?

Zaior 10-05-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bates (Post 2053769)
I just don't like the body line and shape of these cars. They look bloated to me. But that picture is sexy. I guess low fixes being bloated looking?

Can't argue with that. It is a pretty ugly car, but besides those who own the car, it seems everyone hates them. And I like a challenge. I hope to bring some respect to these cars. And for anyone reading this who doesnt know, theres actually a 500+HP Solara up here i believe in Conneticut? It's Twin Turbod and Supercharged.. you should check it out.. pretty sick

Bates 10-05-2011 01:15 PM

I believe it. Any car can make power with enough money.

Zaior 10-05-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bates (Post 2053790)
I believe it. Any car can make power with enough money.

Yeah I once saw an Astro Van beat a Lambo :O but thanks for your opinions. Keep Checking back, you can see whether you like how its going or not!

Big_Jim 10-05-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaior (Post 2053760)
I'm gonna ... Just not that low.. Too high of a driveway at home :(

That car was on bags, it was parted out about a year ago.

Zaior 10-05-2011 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Jim (Post 2053819)
That car was on bags, it was parted out about a year ago.

Yeah if you go on solaraguy.com you can find a lot of pictures of the car lowered to where i am gonna lower it too. Heres a picture of what I wanna do
*DISCLAIMER: NOT MY CAR*

Erik@R/TTuning 10-05-2011 02:49 PM

In your shoes I'd probably just do a few small things to make it yours and drive it for a few years while saving up for a car that is oriented a little more towards performance and has more support from the aftermarket.
They are probably great DD cars!

The01Cav 10-05-2011 06:56 PM

I can see lots of potential out of this car.

Zaior 10-05-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik@R/TTuning (Post 2053832)
In your shoes I'd probably just do a few small things to make it yours and drive it for a few years while saving up for a car that is oriented a little more towards performance and has more support from the aftermarket.

Well I think im gonna give it to my bro in exchange for the couple thousand hes saved up. So I wanna make this something I really love. But I am gonna save up all my Holiday and graduation money. So i am hoping 12k by Sophomore year of college

Zaior 10-05-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik@R/TTuning (Post 2053832)

Also I am a noob... Whats DD?

Zaior 10-05-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The01Cav (Post 2053976)
I can see lots of potential out of this car.

Thanks! I really hope your right!

lownslow95 10-05-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaior (Post 2054096)
Also I am a noob... Whats DD?

Daily Driver.

Zaior 10-05-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lownslow95 (Post 2054105)
Daily Driver.

Thanks! And yes if I have the radio on, you cant feel a thing. But it seems to idle a bit rough, so i am gonna replace the spark plugs with racing ones.. I mean the plugs shouldnt still be in there working after 140k miles and 12 years..