TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Car Related Chat (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   watch your donk! (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113388)

accordguy04 04-11-2011 01:39 PM

watch your donk!

Repost from Driveaccord.net. Anyone else think cops need to find somethin better to do? Not sayin I like huge rims at all but really? I think impoundin cars is a little much.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-big-rims.html

evomike 04-11-2011 01:44 PM

I'm confused by this I'd like to see the actual law

camopaint0707 04-11-2011 01:52 PM

Yeah stupid cops. What a waste of tax dollars.

evomike 04-11-2011 01:54 PM

It seems kinda discriminatory and like they are trying to get around not being able to search cars for drugs, imnpretty sure cincinatti is broke so they make this ridiculous law and figure the amount of other drug fines they can get from it will make them some money.

Slevin 04-11-2011 01:56 PM

uhh how is that even possible?

accordguy04 04-11-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camopaint0707 (Post 1960544)
Yeah stupid cops. What a waste of tax dollars.

:wink:

Godofelru 04-11-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evomike (Post 1960548)
It seems kinda discriminatory and like they are trying to get around not being able to search cars for drugs, imnpretty sure cincinatti is broke so they make this ridiculous law and figure the amount of other drug fines they can get from it will make them some money.

The fact that you directly correlate this issue means that it's a reasonable stereotype. You made the connection yourself with absolutely NO EVIDENCE pointing towards it. Where in there did they mention anything about drugs?

I personally think that type of car (or truck) is an eyesore and it dramatically reduces the efficiency of the car when oversizing stock wheels in excess of 3-4"'s.

There are several issues at hand. Those wheels weigh on average above 10-30lbs (ranging from 20" to 24") HEAVIER than stock counterparts in your average midsize car. Due to the larger weight & width of these oversize wheels you now have incorrect speedometers which poses a safety hazard in addition to brakes having to do extra work to slow the car down. Not to mention the reduced acceleration/efficiency as a result of the oversized wheels.

This also applies to ridiculously lifted vehicles with ridiculously large off-road wheels.

evomike 04-11-2011 02:32 PM

I make that stereotype because it's cincinatti and there is a ton of racial tension in that city and this probably won't help.

ambitiousCK 04-11-2011 02:37 PM

What about the people (there has to be at least one lol) who do it the "right" way and replace bearings, brakes, suspension components, ect. to make the car handle the obnoxious added weight?...hmmm

OutToWinPAHC 04-11-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambitiousCK (Post 1960605)
What about the people (there has to be at least one lol) who do it the "right" way and replace bearings, brakes, suspension components, ect. to make the car handle the obnoxious added weight?...hmmm

LOL they dont do that.....

But I see no issue, as long as the owner can have it inspected for safety and get the car back. Ohio is weird some areas have inspection, some don't. But if a car appears to be unsafe, why not allow it to be pulled from the road and checked by a professional (not just impounded). Think about all the Kevin Chan's and ziptied on body parts cars that would be gone.

10inch crown vic liftkit
http://universalcarlifts.com/images/5or7inchKit.jpg

evomike 04-11-2011 03:00 PM

The problem is there is hardly any real inspection in Ohio and they basically did away with emissions inspections, I don't see how they can have no safety inspection then pass this law.

twastheglow 04-11-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambitiousCK (Post 1960605)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah They definitely do not do that. You're lucky if they change their brakes when they need to let alone anything "extra".

ambitiousCK 04-11-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twastheglow (Post 1960624)
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah They definitely do not do that. You're lucky if they change their brakes when they need to let alone anything "extra".

Thats why i said one lol theres gotta be ONE lmao

twastheglow 04-11-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambitiousCK (Post 1960626)
Thats why i said one lol theres gotta be ONE lmao

I know. :wink:

JankyS13 04-11-2011 09:11 PM

not defending donks at all, considering i see ost of them as just stupid as well a good 80%+ have half ass suspension on them, but seriously whats the difference between a donk and a lifted redneck truck. Other than the drunkn white guy and the drunken black guy. yup i'm calling the race card on this one. get mad.

devildog214 04-11-2011 11:51 PM

saw this a couple days ago, its definitly a safety hazard, so are lifted trucks. I think donks are worse they use an older car with underpowered brakes from the start, then youve got more rolling mass to stop and then they go and put on dust covers which more than likely will just increase fading. Definitly need to inspect them for safety and then give them back. I think its hilarious how they are targeting one group and not the other (or any group in general.)

BigWhiteTodd 04-11-2011 11:59 PM

nooooooooooo not my donk

Sublime1304 04-12-2011 12:16 AM

Im gonna have to agree with CK, I have seen and heard of a few through magazines and even in person that were done right. It sort of depends on the person who is owning the car too. I didnt think cops had the right to do that either

Sublime1304 04-12-2011 12:16 AM

Oh and im not supporting this either. I hate this kinda stuff

cfyella 04-12-2011 01:28 AM

If you think about it, what's more dangerous, adding a couple pounds of rotational weight vs having a car full of overweight people? Having a car full of overweight people is definitely going to effect the brakes stopping power a lot more than having larger wheels. They might as well make a law against the weight of the people in the car since it poses such a "huge" threat to safety. Brakes aren't just stopping the rotational weight of the wheels. They are stopping the whole momentum of the car. Therefore this law is stupid and makes no sense at all.