TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ***TST's Official "Whatever" Thread*** (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40740)

ASIAN JUL 09-03-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angdefeo (Post 1494569)
Ouch, cold calls. That is no fun at all.

Yeah, it's normally not part of my job but we need some business :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpalamar (Post 1494570)
Seafoam?

Maybe, haha. We changed the oil and put oil treatment in, gonna see if that helps at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHAOS (Post 1494575)
valve tap is normal in probes julz... and valve tap isnt necessarily a problem anyway... unless its really really bad.

It's mildly loud, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozie (Post 1494577)
Eek. That's no fun. I used to be in accounts receivable and hated having to call customers for payment.

Haha, I don't mind doing that unless they're really rude. It's sales calls I hate making:(

Oakes 09-03-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASIAN JUL (Post 1494561)
Ohhaidere e-wifey. Not much, at work, doing cold calls. HATE it.

Julz, just act Azn and people will just hang up, get yourself out of it right away. I mean, you are azn and all...

"Oh Herro preaze, call to make pay, you give me roney and we no call no moar, k?"

Foolinaround 09-03-2009 11:19 AM

nice turtle beaches,some mlg stuff.

Elliott18t 09-03-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozie (Post 1494577)
Eek. That's no fun. I used to be in accounts receivable and hated having to call customers for payment.

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/...--moticats.jpg

:rofl:

ugh, this job needs to get more interesting... fast.

ASIAN JUL 09-03-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakes (Post 1494583)
Julz, just act Azn and people will just hang up, get yourself out of it right away. I mean, you are azn and all...

"Oh Herro preaze, call to make pay, you give me roney and we no call no moar, k?"

LOL. I need to successfully gain some customers so we can haz moniez

Snoozie 09-03-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliott18t (Post 1494586)
:rofl:

ugh, this job needs to get more interesting... fast.

Exactly. I've since learned that the customer must pay upfront. :eek:

Oakes 09-03-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASIAN JUL (Post 1494592)
LOL. I need to successfully gain some customers so we can haz moniez

I still say you do it, I mean if I got that kinda phone call, I'd give them my life savings

CHAOS 09-03-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foolinaround (Post 1494587)
nice turtle beaches,some mlg stuff.

lol@ kids on xbox claiming to be mlg. i cant count how many times we've beaten people claiming to be mlg.

call of duty is srs bsns.

ASIAN JUL 09-03-2009 11:25 AM

Oh please if sales people call me and have a heavy accent I say I'm not interested and hang up.

ASIAN JUL 09-03-2009 11:25 AM

what is mlg?

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 7 seconds.

phate1229 09-03-2009 11:28 AM

sup hookers

Foolinaround 09-03-2009 11:29 AM

mlg,major league gaming.

I dont mess with that **** anymore,im too old to care about it,plus cars took over gaming once i turned 17

Oakes 09-03-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASIAN JUL (Post 1494606)
Oh please if sales people call me and have a heavy accent I say I'm not interested and hang up.

I find humor in it, if I'm not gonna buy I just continue the conversation and make them repeat everything.

My brother answered one time to a sales call, and he asked them if they wanted cookies. They were like, no thank you sir but are you interested in our offer, he responded "well if you dont want me cookies, i dont want your offer, they're good cookies" The person then said "sir, I'm trying to be serious" or something like that and then he acted all pissed and goes "I'm offended, i put a lot of work into these cookies, you could at least try one"

I lost it and they hung up lol

DPancoast 09-03-2009 11:30 AM

Well at least it's 11:30... Other than that lol...

jpalamar 09-03-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakes (Post 1494626)
I find humor in it, if I'm not gonna buy I just continue the conversation and make them repeat everything.

My brother answered one time to a sales call, and he asked them if they wanted cookies. They were like, no thank you sir but are you interested in our offer, he responded "well if you dont want me cookies, i dont want your offer, they're good cookies" The person then said "sir, I'm trying to be serious" or something like that and then he acted all pissed and goes "I'm offended, i put a lot of work into these cookies, you could at least try one"

Now that is funny. I wonder if you can sue them for that lol. They called you to telemarket and hung up. Harassment?

ASIAN JUL 09-03-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakes (Post 1494626)

When people call my house looking for "Mr. or Mrs. Bastard," I screw with them until they hang up.

CHAOS 09-03-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foolinaround (Post 1494625)
mlg,major league gaming.

I dont mess with that **** anymore,im too old to care about it,plus cars took over gaming once i turned 17

im not too old to care about it lol... i gave up on cars for a while anyway...

i try to play at least like 2-4 hours a night usually. when MW2 comes out... ill probably play 6+ hours a night.

angdefeo 09-03-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASIAN JUL (Post 1494632)
When people call my house looking for "Mr. or Mrs. Bastard,"

It must have been tough growing up with that last name.

Foolinaround 09-03-2009 11:35 AM

2-4 hours a night?
i havent played that serious since i was like 15.

I rarely even pick up my 360 controller anymore,i dusted it off the other day and played some mlg ts and went 32 and 1,other then that its been months

CHAOS 09-03-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foolinaround (Post 1494638)
2-4 hours a night?
i havent played that serious since i was like 15.

I rarely even pick up my 360 controller anymore,i dusted it off the other day and played some mlg ts and went 32 and 1,other then that its been months

yea see ive done my share of messing around with cars, hanging out with car guys, etc etc etc... i enjoy other things now.

i owned a 94 mx6 rs for 1.5 years... a 96 mx6 ls for 2.5 years and an 05 sti for 3.5 years... im done for a while haha