TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ***TST's Official "Whatever" Thread*** (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40740)

Scapegoat 04-21-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97TurboDSM (Post 1337260)
i just built a '10 gt on the site and no option of SC?

their build thing on the website doesn't seem to be working. there were no options on it last time i saw... but i've got the brochure at home from the dealership.

the items are probably ordered from ford racing or something.

they offer a shaker hood scoop too... nom nom nom... i've already decided what i want if/when i get the car... grabber blue with the shaker hood scoop and track pac. deal with the supercharger later... :cool:

Elliott18t 04-21-2009 03:00 PM

ford racing site.. its a kit and it doesnt kill warranty

http://www.fordracingparts.com/musta...mancepacks.asp

Scapegoat 04-21-2009 03:01 PM

i'm wondering if Shelby Automotive has any new plans for the 2010 model year...

The Captain 04-21-2009 03:02 PM

Screw a new mustang, get a Terminator.

Elliott18t 04-21-2009 03:03 PM

haven't announced anything yet.

Scapegoat 04-21-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Captain (Post 1337268)
Screw a new mustang, get a Terminator.

i'd rather not buy something thats been thrashed to death.

the only, only, used car i would be interested in would be a GT500

Elliott18t 04-21-2009 03:05 PM

not a lotus? :P

The Captain 04-21-2009 03:08 PM

I'm not a fan of the new mustang's style. The whole retro-look thing to me is played out and really weak. The terminator is, imo, the most badass mustang (besides a cobra r) you can buy.

Scapegoat 04-21-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliott18t (Post 1337275)
not a lotus? :P

i thought about it... but i'm done with tiny engines... i wanna drive around with some flowmasters and a mullet. actually, i'll probably look into borla exhaust for the car if i get it...

this is all assuming my car is going to be totaled and/or i can get enough of a trade in value on the repaired srt + a decent loan from the credit union.

my luck, none of this will happen :)

Soon2bG60 04-21-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapegoat (Post 1337198)
shouldn't you be in your special education class?

real funny ken.

Scapegoat 04-21-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Captain (Post 1337280)
I'm not a fan of the new mustang's style. The whole retro-look thing to me is played out and really weak. The terminator is, imo, the most badass mustang (besides a cobra r) you can buy.

i don't see how the retro look is played out... I can think of three cars that are using the retro design... mustang, challenger and now the camaro. Not only that, the mustang was the first of the pony cars to sport a retro look

The Captain 04-21-2009 03:12 PM

they did it with the thunderbird, the ssr, the hhr, the mini, the beetle, pt cruiser, toyota fj, etc etc. zzzzzzz

Elliott18t 04-21-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Captain (Post 1337288)
they did it with the thunderbird, the ssr, the hhr, the mini, the beetle, pt cruiser, toyota fj, etc etc. zzzzzzz

those are mostly models brought back from the dead, I wound'nt really count those.. (i.e. beetle, mini, thunderbird)

I really like what they did with the mustang... yet its a little bloated still.

Scapegoat 04-21-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Captain (Post 1337288)

zzzz is right... because those cars all pretty much failed at it. they failed to capture any kind of emotion b/c no one cared.

the pony cars are as ingrained in american society as drinking and shooting guns. Not only did the three companies manage to design a modern car... they managed to design one that pulls off the retro styling to pay homage to the original pony cars.

why did the latest GTO fail? because it didn't look like a GTO.

the current round up of american muscle cars look like proper evolutions of their heritage. Just like the corvette has evolved as we'd pretty much expect since the 60's.

its just a natural evolution of the styling.

Scapegoat 04-21-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliott18t (Post 1337290)
those are mostly models brought back from the dead, I wound'nt really count those.. (i.e. beetle, mini, thunderbird)

I really like what they did with the mustang... yet its a little bloated still.

how is the new mustang bloated :(

its shorter and weighs less than the competition.

its really not a large car. you want to talk large... go hang out with the new challenger... holy **** that feels like a huge car when you're sitting in it.

Elliott18t 04-21-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapegoat (Post 1337292)
zzzz is right... because those cars all pretty much failed at it. they failed to capture any kind of emotion b/c no one cared.

the pony cars are as ingrained in american society as drinking and shooting guns. Not only did the three companies manage to design a modern car... they managed to design one that pulls off the retro styling to pay homage to the original pony cars.

why did the latest GTO fail? because it didn't look like a GTO.

the current round up of american muscle cars look like proper evolutions of their heritage. Just like the corvette has evolved as we'd pretty much expect since the 60's.

its just a natural evolution of the styling.

because if they made a retro gto... it would be uglier than the original :lol::cool:

The Captain 04-21-2009 03:20 PM

But the mustang had evolved nicely into the 03-04...and then it just stopped and went back to where the early 70's stopped.

It just never appealed to me. I heart the **** out of the 03-04. If i had the money, i'd be driving one right now.

Elliott18t 04-21-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapegoat (Post 1337295)
how is the new mustang bloated :(

its shorter and weighs less than the competition.

its really not a large car. you want to talk large... go hang out with the new challenger... holy **** that feels like a huge car when you're sitting in it.

thats why it got last in comparison lol.. slow heavy and huge!.

Im not saying the mustang is huge but compared to previous model it just looks bloated.. idk. lol

Scapegoat 04-21-2009 03:20 PM

the gto was a beautiful car...

http://www.pontiac-power.ch/images/c...TempestGto.jpg

though my favorite has to be the 65-66

abrok99 04-21-2009 03:23 PM

my dad had a gto back in his hayday. it was super fast apparently.