TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Road Racing (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Race Car Only Test Day 3/5/11 NJMP Thunderbolt (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111206)

oneday 02-24-2011 06:42 PM

Race Car Only Test Day 3/5/11 NJMP Thunderbolt

Just got word from the peeps at NJMP that on March 5th there will be an open track day for race cars only. No street cars allowed. Full cage, safety gear are req'd.

Price is $500 for seven hours of testing time. :eek: As many drivers as you want per car--I think this is a "within reason" kind of clause.

To get this price you will have to provide a coupon code/phrase.

I'll have more details on registering and schedule tomorrow, but wanted to get something up here since this is only a couple weeks away.

Got Insulin? 02-25-2011 09:30 AM

Dumb question, but is spectating allowed for this kind of thing?

Erik@R/TTuning 02-25-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Insulin? (Post 1926316)
Dumb question, but is spectating allowed for this kind of thing?

I wondered the same thing right away.

oneday 02-25-2011 12:11 PM

Hmm ... spectators ... you might be able to ... I'll find out if there is a list to get in to the track, if there is I might be able to put a couple names on there. If not then you might be able to say your a crew member with a team and they'd let you through. I'll double check.

If anyone wants to register a car, email me at oneday [dot] js at gmail. and I will email you the details.

Nick 95 6sp 02-25-2011 03:20 PM

A private event might have their own entry rules. However, I don't know if I just "smoozed" the gate keepers with my fantastic charm :cool: or if it would be routinely possible for anybody. But right after NJMP opened I drove over there a few times just to check it out during track days (e.g. members only, Porsche club) and I told them I just wanted to look around and spectate and I never had a problem getting in. Just stay out of the way, don't go were you're not allowed, and don't touch anything.

Got Insulin? 02-25-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneday (Post 1926515)
Hmm ... spectators ... you might be able to ... I'll find out if there is a list to get in to the track, if there is I might be able to put a couple names on there. If not then you might be able to say your a crew member with a team and they'd let you through. I'll double check.

If anyone wants to register a car, email me at oneday [dot] js at gmail. and I will email you the details.

Thanks, I'd appreciate it! I'd love to just sit back and watch everything happen for a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick 95 6sp (Post 1926727)
A private event might have their own entry rules. However, I don't know if I just "smoozed" the gate keepers with my fantastic charm :cool: or if it would be routinely possible for anybody. But right after NJMP opened I drove over there a few times just to check it out during track days (e.g. members only, Porsche club) and I told them I just wanted to look around and spectate and I never had a problem getting in. Just stay out of the way, don't go were you're not allowed, and don't touch anything.

Thanks for the tip, Nick.

AJ Hartman 02-25-2011 08:43 PM

generally they are pretty good about letting you in as long as you get there early enough. I know for NASA events, if you get there before 9 its free, or if one of the drivers puts you on a list its free. A private event may be a little different.

Or a full proof plan would be to say you are there for the Auto X thats goin on the skid pad over by lightning and just go to thunderbolt.

oneday 02-28-2011 04:26 PM

Looks like NJMP is pulling the plug on this already. Not enough interest to pay for safety and medical staff.

And I was really looking forward to all that cheap track time.

Nick 95 6sp 02-28-2011 05:29 PM

oneday and any other racers,

Don't loose hope ...check out this site http://www.markdavia.com/ Mark is running a couple open track days at NJMP Thunderbolt on May 24 & 25 and it's only $350 per day...totally open track all day, seems more open than the one you posted above; for advanced drivers only but racers won't have a problem with that. I'm going to one of them, most likely May 24. Of course this could potentially be cancelled due to lack of interest but at this point it's still on and I think it will go off as planned.

oneday 02-28-2011 06:10 PM

Thanks, Nick...we were looking forward to this early day to sort a few LeMons cars and a couple P-cars before the season was underway. I'll be instructing at the 3/25-26 PDX then again a few days in July--might be more if my a deal I am working on comes through.

Nick 95 6sp 02-28-2011 09:04 PM

Hopefully I can make a couple track days prior to the May 24 date.

I saw your post about the Mar. 25/26 PDX and if I can get a few details sorted out on my car by then, I'd like to make that one. I've been on Thunderbolt but never been on Lightning so I'd like to get some instruction first time on a track.

AJ Hartman 03-01-2011 10:38 PM

I actually like Lightning better than thunderbolt. Both are good, but just something about Lightning makes it more fun. I know a good amout of people I race with that feel the same way.