TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Member Journals (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Bates' 2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 300ZX (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104169)

Bates 09-17-2010 12:21 AM

Bates' 2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 300ZX

The Juke starts on page 12, everything else are my old cars.

I bought my 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V back in September of 2007. When I bought the car it was bone stock, aside from an after market head unit. The car had 54k miles on it, and it wasn’t until a few months later I actually found out that the car had a new engine in it, so the Odometer was about 30k miles off. I loved the car from the day I got it, and to this day, I am still not bored with it, because I am pretty aware of how capable it is, though most people just look at it think it is nothing more then a Sentra. The QR25DE engines are capable of some impressive numbers if the time and money are put into them.

Qwibby 09-17-2010 12:42 AM

nice! looks like its going to be a good strong car when finished

Picc.Dc4 09-17-2010 12:42 AM

Wow, looks like you have a project and a half, should be a really fun car when its done! Good luck and keep us updateddd!

Bates 09-17-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwibby (Post 1817478)
nice! looks like its going to be a good strong car when finished

Yea, the goal is to put down over 400HP, but once the internals are forged, I can safely crank up the boost and achieve that goal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Picc.Dc4 (Post 1817481)
Wow, looks like you have a project and a half, should be a really fun car when its done! Good luck and keep us updateddd!

The car is fun right now, but boost makes everything so much more fun. It is funny, now a days, a lot of Spec owners are dropping VQ35DEs in their car to get power. It's a great swap but it leaves your engine bay more crammed then a TT Z32, and it adds a lot of weight. So I would rather stay with a stock engine and just build that up. I should have everything I need by next week, and I am hoping to install it next Saturday, to have it ready for the NJ End of the Season meet on the 26th.

tristatesentra 09-17-2010 01:41 AM

oh snap finally made it what took you so long lol

MattBear 09-17-2010 07:37 AM

far too much money and effort into a sentra. but kudos for doing what you want.

Bates 09-17-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattBear (Post 1817537)

So should I be like everyone else and get an Evo, or an STI, or a GTI? I like being different. I mean why spend 16-24k$ on a stock boosted car, when I can spend 6-8k on a car, drop a few more thousand on it, and have it be faster and lighter? Don't sleep on Sentras my friend, there have been 1 or 2 that have broken 10's at the track believe it or not.

Qwibby 09-17-2010 10:58 AM

I love your outlook bates. I sent maybe 8k total including the cost f my car and I am throwing down 275 whp, another 1000 and I'll be at 400 (8k includes current upgrades sitting behind me)

ambitiousCK 09-17-2010 11:18 AM

looks pretty clean, should be very quick once its done. good luck!

Bates 09-17-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwibby (Post 1817622)
I love your outlook bates. I sent maybe 8k total including the cost f my car and I am throwing down 275 whp, another 1000 and I'll be at 400 (8k includes current upgrades sitting behind me)

Thanks Qwibby. I was just getting sick and tired of the same old stuff you know? You go to shows and meet and everywhere you look there are Evos, STIs, GTIs, 240s, and Z33s. Spec-Vs are rare on the meet and show scene in my opinion. Mostly because they are FWD and N/A.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambitiousCK (Post 1817634)
looks pretty clean, should be very quick once its done. good luck!

Thanks. Quick is the idea. With a curb weight of 2752 (lighter with current wheels, and a few other weight reduction mods), the power to weight ratio will be pretty good.

Qwibby 09-17-2010 05:43 PM

np dude, hopefully I can help wrench on this sometime...

is300bklyn 09-17-2010 06:37 PM

great car, great kit, great photoshop!!

Bates 09-17-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwibby (Post 1817784)
np dude, hopefully I can help wrench on this sometime...

Yea man, definitely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by is300bklyn (Post 1817815)
great car, great kit, great photoshop!!

Don't look at me, I didn't take the photos or edit them, a buddy of mine did. I think they look pretty, but the car does not look anything like that anymore.

SpEcRv9 09-17-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattBear (Post 1817537)

uhh you're on an enthusiast forum matty...and it's a pretty funny comment coming from someone who dumped their VR6 and wasted too much money and effort on replacement parts for all the **** you broke trying to be a stereotype....

anyway, I hate mine...but I'm glad you like yours....I always wanted to boost it...too many issues with my POS though...

can't wait to move on in a month or two...but I know I'll always have the thought in the back of my head of "I wonder what my sentra would have been like boosted"

probably more unreliable than it already is :lol: but I'm sure it'd be a blast.....

Bates 09-17-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpEcRv9 (Post 1817861)
uhh you're on an enthusiast forum matty...and it's a pretty funny comment coming from someone who dumped their VR6 and wasted too much money and effort on replacement parts for all the **** you broke trying to be a stereotype....

anyway, I hate mine...but I'm glad you like yours....I always wanted to boost it...too many issues with my POS though...

can't wait to move on in a month or two...but I know I'll always have the thought in the back of my head of "I wonder what my sentra would have been like boosted"

probably more unreliable than it already is :lol: but I'm sure it'd be a blast.....

Haha, they seem to be hit or miss. People either love them or hate them. I haven't ran into any serious problems with mine yet. And once the head and the motor are built, I won't have too many concerns.

Bates 10-01-2010 06:19 PM

Update:

Walbro 255LPH fuel pump ordered
A case of 0W-30 Amsoil motor oil ordered
Waiting to hear back from a site to place my order for ARP Head Studs.

Went to my mechanic today to get a price on my turbo install. He wants to hold my car for 2 days which is something I can't do (It needs to be done on a Saturday-Sunday), so it looks like I am back to doing it myself (well with help anyway). Anyone in the North NJ area who has turbo install experience, and who wants to make a couple bucks helping me, please let me know. I am looking to get this installed before Nov, on a Saturday since I work during the week. I have no problem bringing the car somewhere as long as wherever I bring it has the tools needed to get the job done.

b15mike 10-02-2010 02:51 AM

looking good bates soon to be building my spec v as well. i was following ur thread on njt for a while.

Bates 10-05-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b15mike (Post 1826230)
looking good bates soon to be building my spec v as well. i was following ur thread on njt for a while.

Thanks Mike. I can't wait to get everything done:

UPDATE: Ordered ARP Head Studs, Zeitronix LCD Display, Pro Sport Boost Gauge.

Possibly picking up this weekend: Spare QR25DE head and Intake Manifold. They will be going right back out to be honed, port and polished, and the head will be completely built.

Also oil should be in today, not sure when the fuel pump will be here. Need to get everything in soon so I can get this damn turbo installed, I am hurting for an oil change right now. Lol.

Bates 10-08-2010 05:00 PM

Waiting for my Zeitronix LCD Display and my custom Test Pipe now. Should have them both next week.

Some picture/parts updates:

ProSport Boost Gauge
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...u/IMG_0185.jpg

IC Piping, Walbro 255LPH fuel pump, ARP Head Studs, Oil Lines, case of Amsoil oW-30, GodSpeed Oil Catch Can.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...u/IMG_0183.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...u/IMG_0184.jpg

Honest_Bob 10-08-2010 06:54 PM

ooo a case of liquid gold. :mrgreen:

Good luck! Cant wait to see some video of this thing.