TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   PS3 Campout Thread! (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23353)

EvlEgl 11-15-2006 01:28 AM

PS3 Campout Thread!
 
So Karl(Karl), Kyle(Holy Hair) and Brian (Troll) are out front of the Oxford Valley Target as we speak...the left at around 10PM to start there almost week long camp out for the beloved playstation 3 set to release November 17th....It will be available at 9am on Friday where they are located.

Anyone in the area is encouraged to stop by to offer them food/drinks/and or people to conversate with.

I believe they are equipped with a tent blankets chairs cell phones and lots of guts/stupidity...Ill post updates as much as I can since I'm getting texts every couple minutes or so from them.

They Did Get there before anyone and are allowed to be there without police interference.

Here's a Few pics of there spot!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d0386/ps32.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d0386/ps31.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0386/Troll.jpg

More to come as I get it!

Silverfc88 11-15-2006 01:31 AM

LoL.. I might drive by and throw **** at them.



Oh and let me get this straight Karl went there with only a sweater?:lol:

EvlEgl 11-15-2006 01:33 AM

Lol no he has a big ass down comforter and extra clothes.

Silverfc88 11-15-2006 01:36 AM

Oh man by Friday they are going to start sticking like all hell. LoL..

Do they plan on getting showers?

EvlEgl 11-15-2006 01:39 AM

No...There going oldschool water bottle and a washcloth and just wipe under the armpits.

Polish showers FTW!

dynasty 11-15-2006 01:41 AM

ha i seen troll earlier today at bestbuy getin info about camping for ps3.

OutOfStock 11-15-2006 01:44 AM

why are you guys starting so early?

dynasty 11-15-2006 01:47 AM

to make sure they get 1. if i didnt have class 2morrow mornin i would camp out now also

EvlEgl 11-15-2006 01:50 AM

Exactly...They are only getting 12 to 15 PS3's at this particular Target so they wanna be sure there getting one.

I would do it as well if i didnt have work and had the money.

Updated the first post with a new Pic!

dynasty 11-15-2006 01:52 AM

i hope people arent gona b lined up 2morrow when i plan on getin n line for the ps3

spoolinLSsol 11-15-2006 01:53 AM

ps3 is too overhyped and over priced...who cares about hddvd player on a video game console...weak sauce

Kerplunk105 11-15-2006 01:53 AM

damn! if i knew this I would have stopped by! lol

EvlEgl 11-15-2006 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoolinLSsol (Post 365259)
ps3 is too overhyped and over priced...who cares about hddvd player on a video game console...weak sauce

Hater. :mrgreen:

Its an experience there having fun. No harm in doing it...and there trying to make money off it not keep it for themselves.

halfhorsepower 11-15-2006 02:03 AM

Maybe we could bring them food from red robin?

EvlEgl 11-15-2006 02:06 AM

I'm sure they wont mind!

He's already complaining about the cold!

Silverfc88 11-15-2006 02:15 AM

Hahahaha.


You should tell them to huddle together Without A Paddle style. lol...

jspek 11-15-2006 02:39 AM

lol ill stop by 2mrw on my break. and that means TROLL IS GONE!!!!! LETS START A RIOT lol. jk

teh DIRT 11-15-2006 02:41 AM

try it chaz.

EvlEgl 11-15-2006 02:42 AM

I think that was a challenge!

teh DIRT 11-15-2006 02:42 AM

no it wasnt.

teh DIRT 11-15-2006 02:48 AM

Just for reference. Someone just sold their preorder receipt on ebay for 1750. imagine how much one will go for at in 4 weeks.

PotenzaSub 11-15-2006 02:51 AM

LMAO. what tools. (j/k)

EvlEgl 11-15-2006 02:56 AM

One guy got 2450 for his pre order...I have faith theyll make some dough on the deal.

PotenzaSub 11-15-2006 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvlEgl (Post 365298)
One guy got 2450 for his pre order...I have faith theyll make some dough on the deal.

Oh, so they're waiting in line to buy and sell a couple of PS3s? Smart.

I can't believe people would pay so much money for the though

...that's crazy

den9 11-15-2006 03:04 AM

is there a limit on how many u can buy

den9 11-15-2006 03:09 AM

how do they keep track of whos in line? do u actually need to be in line or could i pull my 40 foot camper into the parkin lot?

what the hell are u gonna do for 2 days?

EvlEgl 11-15-2006 03:15 AM

I dunno...there gonna spoon?

And yes there buying to sell on Ebay....Limit one per customer.

The store told them where to line up I would assume...target knows there there and said it was Ok to start camping out for it!

lagos 11-15-2006 04:58 AM

i want to see the look on their faces when they get the consoles, bring them home, set them up, and realize they did all this just to be able to play RIIIIIIDGE RACER!!!! :rotfl:

DoubleOughtCel 11-15-2006 07:46 AM

Good luck making much money from it. The only reason so many people made so much from selling the launch Xbox 360's was becuase 1/3 of the first batch was defective and never got shipped, causing the supply to be so short. PS3 is going to be in abundance. I hope they aren't expecting to make a grand over what they paid.


I'll laugh at myself if I end up wrong, though, haha. Good luck to them anyway.

JSeoul 11-15-2006 09:03 AM

I'd camp out to if i didn't have to work. Easy way to make a 300% profit on those consoles. Buy it for $700.00 and then sell it on Ebay for $2000.00 Its the easiest money making idea possible. If you guys can do it, i say go for it.

poolmike 11-15-2006 09:05 AM

I'm feeling a 3a.m. horn blast at Target coming on. Instead of food/drinks, I'll deliver a good heckling.

DropTopChevy 11-15-2006 09:25 AM

Ill probably stop by after the Yardley meet tonight :thumbup:

Evolved 11-15-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleOughtCel (Post 365341)
Good luck making much money from it. The only reason so many people made so much from selling the launch Xbox 360's was becuase 1/3 of the first batch was defective and never got shipped, causing the supply to be so short. PS3 is going to be in abundance. I hope they aren't expecting to make a grand over what they paid.


I'll laugh at myself if I end up wrong, though, haha. Good luck to them anyway.

They are only releasing 400,000-500,000 systems at launch.

SexyDSM95 11-15-2006 11:08 AM

I visited them last night for awhile to keep them company. Will post pics later when I actually wake up

xEJ20x 11-15-2006 11:12 AM

Can't say I've done anything like this.

TrboChicsRock 11-15-2006 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95nracer (Post 365236)
LoL.. I might drive by and throw **** at them.

I like that idea! :rotfl:

jc8889 11-15-2006 12:08 PM

When is everyone gonna start lining up? I was thinking around 7pm thursday night. Think thats gonna be too late?

ej20wrx123 11-15-2006 12:12 PM

well, since i'am jobless and need money i might just camp out. So you guys think i can sell it for at least 500 more then i bought it?

markley02 11-15-2006 12:14 PM

you guys are nuts!

Gorilla Unit 33 11-15-2006 12:34 PM

wow im deffinately swinging by the local mall, best buy and EB games on my way home from class tonight this should be some fun lol i remember the sign made by a few TST'ers last year when they went to mae fun of the people staning out for Xbox 360 :rotfl:

hmmm on better thought i might throw a body bag filled with a friend out the trunk of my dads car by the entrance of best buy to see which dumb ass gets out of line. Think it will start a fight ?lol


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.