PDA

View Full Version : Won wheels on EBay...anyone know what model?

JSPECFC3S
01-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Hey guys...I just won the bid on a set of staggered "drift" wheels for the FC. They are 16x7.5 front, 16x8.5 rear.

The auction stated that they are genuine JDM WORK wheels. However, I cannot find this model anywhere on the WORK website, or anywhere else.

The pics for the auction sucked, but i am attaching one of them to see if anyone might be able to help me figure this out.

Thanks guys!

-Jeff

03tarmacblack
01-19-2006, 04:57 PM
http://www.worksuperwheels.com/wheels/xsa_02c.html

JSPECFC3S
01-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Thanks for trying...but those wheels were 12 spokes, not 8 spokes, and also are not available in 16".

Anyone else? I cannot find them ANYWHERE... Im going to administer a beat-down if they arent true WORKs.

180sxDrifter
01-19-2006, 05:14 PM
they are prob some cheapo knock off brand

07BlackSS
01-19-2006, 05:19 PM
they are prob some cheapo knock off brand

:iagree: Most of the **** on ebay is "like" something....Like Greddy Type RS BOV....Like AEM Cold Air Intake. You have to make sure by the pictures that it is true to it's title....I think you may have gotten ripped off bro.. :( ..I'd be pissed :furious:

03tarmacblack
01-19-2006, 05:31 PM
:iagree: Most of the **** on ebay is "like" something....Like Greddy Type RS BOV....Like AEM Cold Air Intake. You have to make sure by the pictures that it is true to it's title....I think you may have gotten ripped off bro.. :( ..I'd be pissed :furious:
x2 not worth risking it

Crzyguy972
01-19-2006, 05:47 PM
or there just an old model the website only offers new ones those could be discontinued

07BlackSS
01-19-2006, 06:01 PM
or there just an old model the website only offers new ones those could be discontinued

He might be right, if it was from someone who was just getting rid of them in the garage then they might be real...but dont keep your hopes high, cause it is ebay and I have heard a lot of horror stories man.

JSPECFC3S
01-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Well I'm picking them up...so if I get there and they arent true WORKs, I'm gonna tell them to **** off, compensate for my gas, throw a body or two on the ground, and report it to ebay ;)

However, I am still just hoping it's an old model. He said that they were on his old RX-7, and there is no indication in the auction that they are "like" WORK, it says, "JDM WORK STAGGERED WHEELS"

Thanks for the lowered hopes, guys :(

07BlackSS
01-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Well I'm picking them up...so if I get there and they arent true WORKs, I'm gonna tell them to **** off, compensate for my gas, throw a body or two on the ground, and report it to ebay ;)

However, I am still just hoping it's an old model. He said that they were on his old RX-7, and there is no indication in the auction that they are "like" WORK, it says, "JDM WORK STAGGERED WHEELS"

Thanks for the lowered hopes, guys :(

Awww sorry bro, I just have heard way to many stories...I don't wanna give you high expectations and then be let down worse.

By the way your picking them up!...If you don't like them and they are not Work wheels, then don't buy them cause the "binding contract" on ebay is null if he lied about them :-p

And knock him out for me if he was lying cause I hate people like him :furious:

TalonTsi97
01-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Good luck, hopefully they are just a old set of wheels not on the site anymore which happens alot.
My question is why didnt you search before buying or did you find the with little time left and really liked them?

Gorilla Unit 33
01-19-2006, 06:23 PM
you should be able to tell when you get them on the inside part of the wheels by the lug holes

Silverfc88
01-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Nice set of wheels. Do you happen to know the offset of them?

If they are JDM wheels then they should have some kind of stamping on the backside of the wheels. Maybe something like WW near the lug holes or maybe Mackin.

The Advans I picked up have a Y (Yokohama) near one of the lug holes with the offset and size of the wheel. Check to see if any of the stickers are still intact on the backside of the wheels and see what they say.

Depending on the offset you should be able to rock out some 245's in the rear now if they make them in 16's.

So it should be something like a 245/45R16.

CHR!S
01-20-2006, 01:35 AM
they look to me like some enkei j-speed 2's but im not 100% positive

Silverfc88
01-20-2006, 01:38 AM
Do you happen to have any larger pics?

JSPECFC3S
01-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Unfortunately, those were the size of the pictures on the auction. He didnt state the offset, but said its "universal 5 lug" with i guess 5x100 and 5x114 (or whatever it is...you can see the two offsets drilled in i guess, dont look too hard though cause your eyes will hurt from those awful pics)

He said they came off of a 7, didnt state what year. He said that were his drift rims, but didnt get much use and are in mint condition.

Anyone wanna roll squad deep with me to North Hundington PA incase they arent real ;)

and i agree with you chr!s, they do look just like those enkeis...weird...
And also...even if they arent "real" WORKs, at least I got a set of staggered wheels for CHEAP :) And if i dont like them, i can tell him to **** off and just drive home - thats why i said pickup, i would never trust to just send him that much money and be waiting in limbo...

07BlackSS
01-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Let us know how it all ends up. I hope it works out for you...no pun intended

JSPECFC3S
01-20-2006, 01:02 PM
har har har :)

CHR!S
01-20-2006, 02:19 PM
if theyre in fact j-speed 2's i would say keep them :)

07BlackSS
01-20-2006, 02:20 PM
How much did you get them for? because they do look kinda nice I hafta say!

Zeropistonz
01-20-2006, 07:36 PM
"I hope it works out in the end" ;)