PDA

View Full Version : got hit and guy didn't want to wait for the cops after I got his info

Gdog5752
01-03-2006, 08:47 PM
So yesterday my wife and I were out running errands and we got hit by a explorer. The guy was in the opposite lane and as we were making a left into a parking lot he came flying in reverse and hit up the side of my rex. That's right. We passed the guy by about 500 feet, slowed down to turn into the lot and he decided he was gonna drive in reverse up the street at about 20 and smacked me. Then had the nerve to ask me what I was doing. Anyways to get to the point, We got all of his info and then he sat for a while as we waited for the police and then came over and said that he didn't feel like waiting for the cops and he was gonna leave. My question is... isn't he supposed to be there to talk to them also? I saw the police report today dna it didn't mention anything about him leaving and it only had my story. Now My car is in the shop getting a whole new entire left side. I'm just glad the engine is ok and that it didn't happen about a second later or I would be pulling explorer bumper out of my teeth. Thankx for lettin me vent. pics attached. not that good due to rain and agravation.

JasterM5
01-03-2006, 09:04 PM
that sux man, good that u and u're wife are ok

poolmike
01-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Sorry to see you got hit/glad to see everyone is ok. You should have made the guy stick around, as far as I know it is illegal to leave the scene. I was in the same situation once where the dude hit me and wanted to leave so I ripped of his license plate as he drove off. The cop was amused when I handed it to him.

Pocket_Rocket
01-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Did you call his insurance yet?

S4toSTI
01-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Such a mike thing to do. Technically he didn't leeave the scene he did give them his info and so on and i am sure you passed that along to the cop. Anyway i hpe he pays for your damages good it is not worse. Hopefully all his info is good, if not you could be in big trouble. Anyway happy your ok and by the way i would write a letter to subaru of na about how safe the car is blah blah blah how happy you are you bought such a safe car and what not. This doesn't always happen but sometimes the companies will send you goodies for sending letters like that. Also include pictures to them if you can you can also send a email instead. I did this with my audi and they send me a shirt woot woot.

Gdog5752
01-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Did you call his insurance yet?
I did call them today and have been on their butts all day long. They said I should have the info within 24 hours. We'll see tom. what comes of all this.

Silverfc88
01-03-2006, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't worry sounds like his insurance should be paying for it. If his insurance is still good.

Gdog5752
01-03-2006, 10:46 PM
I wouldn't worry sounds like his insurance should be paying for it. If his insurance is still good.
When we got ahold of them they said it was still good. We are just waiting on them to conatct him to get his side and then they're gonna call us back. They are deff. gonna pay though cause the police report shows it was his fault.

LSHatch
01-03-2006, 11:04 PM
As long as the police report shows that it is his fault, you should be safe and clear. Now, since he was so impatient, make sure "everything" is fixed on the car.

Gdog5752
01-03-2006, 11:09 PM
As long as the police report shows that it is his fault, you should be safe and clear. Now, since he was so impatient, make sure "everything" is fixed on the car.
That's no problem. My wifes uncle owns a body shop/collision center and he knows how much I care about that car. My rex is in good hands.

Silverfc88
01-03-2006, 11:36 PM
LoL, I think I agree on the getting "everything" fixed. You might have to get the whole car resprayed any ways.