PDA

View Full Version : Free Vin etching/chipped windshield fix 6/13 (S.Philly)

wheresmycar
06-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Saturday, June 13th
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.

Quartermaster plaza
2300 w oregon ave.

courtesy of:
pa theft prevention authority and AAA

Edited:Because I need a calendar. Oops

08blacksi
06-12-2009, 04:28 PM
today is friday the 12th

4DR_DB7
06-12-2009, 04:40 PM
pwnt. :) lol, though i did see this in the paper and it sounds cool. I'll take the free windshield chip repair! U know the line is gonna be 10 blocks long though... whenver anything is FREE in Philly, its a nightmare. haha.

TalonTsi97
06-12-2009, 04:43 PM
I've been wanting to get the vin etching done but when one of these rare events take place its always on a bad day/time for me.

wheresmycar
06-12-2009, 10:04 PM
It'd be nice to see a huge Honda/Acura meet here.

Article quoted
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/20090612_Free_VIN_etching_offered_tomorrow_in_S__P hila_.html

Free VIN etching offered tomorrow in S. Phila.

Free etching of vehicle identification numbers to deter auto theft will be offered tomorrow in South Philadelphia.

VIN etching, police say, is like tattooing the number onto all of the vehicle's windows. It's barely visible, but thieves notice it. The process takes about five minutes.

The event takes place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 2300 Oregon Ave. in the BJ's parking lot. Motorists should bring vehicle registration, proof of auto insurance, and a valid driver's license.

The event is sponsored by the Philadelphia Police Department's Major Crimes Auto Squad, the First Police District, the Pennsylvania Auto Theft Prevention Authority, and AAA Mid-Atlantic. - Inquirer staff