PDA

View Full Version : How Would This Look

cranshinibon
05-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Alright so i found a mustang i want to buy. i wanted gt convertible and found gt t-top. It's electric blue exterior and black interior. what I want to do is strip off the paint and paint it midnight black then put some lime green rims on it. do you think it would look ok? i cant seem to find any lime green rims out there so i dont know the exact color.

also, this is aside from the look but how do you prevent a t-top from leaking...besides not driving it in the rain or covering it with a tarp

Cutlass372
05-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Putting new seals on the T-tops is usually a good starting point. Also.. not so sure about lime green wheels but hey.. its your car.

MissDSM
05-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Meh I don't know about the green rims either. The whole lime green/ hot pink/ bright blue rim craze just seems like an import thing to me.

cranshinibon
05-30-2007, 04:06 PM
yeh i kinda see what you two mean. i dunno im just tired of seeing the same ole black rims and chrome rims all the time ya know

ScubaSteve
05-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Unless you've done body work before you'll find out that its not so easy to repaint a car on your own. And lime green on any part of a car is gross in my eyes.

cranshinibon
05-30-2007, 04:08 PM
well im doing the stripping myself...im bringing it to a professional to paint it for me. there arent any dings so its basically just a clean strip and paint

240sxDann
05-30-2007, 04:52 PM
well im doing the stripping myself...im bringing it to a professional to paint it for me. there arent any dings so its basically just a clean strip and paint

thats what you may think...but you never know.

Scapegoat
05-30-2007, 04:55 PM
my uncle had an 88 GT he had painted lime green with black accents and had the hood painted on the raised part black.

It looked incredible.

Lime green wheels though...um...no

MissDSM
05-30-2007, 04:58 PM
what year mustang is it

Cutlass372
05-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Arent the only T-top mustangs 87's or 88's?

MissDSM
05-30-2007, 05:35 PM
hell if i know lol. I think the last year they made a mustang I actually liked was in 72 or 73. So I have no clue about anything that has to do with the mustangs made after that.

cranshinibon
05-30-2007, 06:14 PM
thats what you may think...but you never know.

thats true but aside from that i dont mind paying for any rust if any to get removed.

my uncle had an 88 GT he had painted lime green with black accents and had the hood painted on the raised part black.

It looked incredible.

Lime green wheels though...um...no

ooh that sounds pretty cool. im mostly a simple all black car guy but can you get pics to show what that looked like?

what year mustang is it

its an 88

looks just like this. piece for piece

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/5literttop/P1050075.jpg

teh DIRT
05-30-2007, 06:16 PM
chicks dig stangs. Im not a fan of it but hey, its your car.

240sxDann
05-30-2007, 06:46 PM
i'll ps you a quick look gimme a lil

240sxDann
05-30-2007, 07:07 PM
there ya go. horrible chop lol and only stock wheels but wutever

MuddyREX
05-30-2007, 07:27 PM
^^^ That looks disgusting. I say buy some newer Mustang wheels and slap em on if they'll fit.

Cutlass372
05-30-2007, 07:50 PM
If you plan on keeping the car blue, just pick up some black or white 4 lug cobra R's and slap them on. They are sweet wheels and dont cost a whole lot.

MissDSM
05-30-2007, 09:16 PM
chicks dig stangs. Im not a fan of it but hey, its your car.

WRONG. Not me and not a lot of girls I know.:-p

ThePrimerSuspect
05-30-2007, 10:01 PM
u sure its an 88? i thought it was 79-86 for t-tops? maybe im wrong. please dont make the same mistake i did as far as stripping the paint, its probably the main reason my first cougar is rotting in a scrap yard somewhere today. i stripped and primered it (then i became ThePrimerSuspect) with every intention of painting it within a couple weeks, then i hit some a-hole in a f150 who pulled out in front of me. so i had to pay the $800 i had for a paint job to fix his truck and it all went downhill from there. winter came and the salt destroyed the primer which then turned to rust which got so bad that i couldnt save it. then came the rod knock and that was the end of the first cougar that i miss so dearly.
sorry, didnt mean to rant. if i had listened to everyone and just sanded and primered, i might still have it. do not do a complete strip. and if you need any 5.0 parts, i would probably give them away at this point.

240sxDann
05-30-2007, 10:50 PM
u sure its an 88? i thought it was 79-86 for t-tops? maybe im wrong. please dont make the same mistake i did as far as stripping the paint, its probably the main reason my first cougar is rotting in a scrap yard somewhere today. i stripped and primered it (then i became ThePrimerSuspect) with every intention of painting it within a couple weeks, then i hit some a-hole in a f150 who pulled out in front of me. so i had to pay the $800 i had for a paint job to fix his truck and it all went downhill from there. winter came and the salt destroyed the primer which then turned to rust which got so bad that i couldnt save it. then came the rod knock and that was the end of the first cougar that i miss so dearly.
sorry, didnt mean to rant. if i had listened to everyone and just sanded and primered, i might still have it. do not do a complete strip. and if you need any 5.0 parts, i would probably give them away at this point. uhm I'm gonna PM you..lol

enigma
05-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah, stripping paint sucks, especially if you don't have a closed garage.
Don't bother unless you got the paint man lined up for the next day, cuz if you are taking it to bare metal, it will flash rust in a new york second in this humidity.
And you can't use that cheap rattle can ****, you need a good primer and SEALER, to keep the humidity away from the metal. Painting is pretty complex ****, unless you hang out at a bodyshop, have boatload of spare time, and have and EXTREMELY high work ethic, don't bother stripping the car.

cranshinibon
05-31-2007, 01:02 PM
there ya go. horrible chop lol and only stock wheels but wutever

ah i see exactly what everyones been saying...it does look pretty damn horrible...i may just go with the cobras or some chrome or gunmetal rims

WRONG. Not me and not a lot of girls I know.:-p

damn :( lol

sorry, didnt mean to rant. if i had listened to everyone and just sanded and primered, i might still have it. do not do a complete strip. and if you need any 5.0 parts, i would probably give them away at this point.

that'd be pretty cool...what parts are you willing to get rid of and how much would you be asking for them?

Yeah, stripping paint sucks, especially if you don't have a closed garage.
Don't bother unless you got the paint man lined up for the next day, cuz if you are taking it to bare metal, it will flash rust in a new york second in this humidity.
And you can't use that cheap rattle can ****, you need a good primer and SEALER, to keep the humidity away from the metal. Painting is pretty complex ****, unless you hang out at a bodyshop, have boatload of spare time, and have and EXTREMELY high work ethic, don't bother stripping the car.

hmm...this stripping paint thing seems to be a lot more of a pain than i thought it would be...i may just get it all done by a body shop after i put the cobra grill kit and hood on it.

freebmx444
05-31-2007, 02:48 PM
green rims on a fox body i think would be somewere in between fugly and ricer

cranshinibon
05-31-2007, 02:51 PM
hahah totally a fugler

it seemed like it would look ok in my mind until i realize i got the black/green rim look from a yamaha street bike

freebmx444
05-31-2007, 05:59 PM
true^

MissDSM
05-31-2007, 07:15 PM
mullet mustang < import

cranshinibon
06-01-2007, 02:36 AM
mustang is more derived to the guido look nowadays i think. camaro still goes with the mullet however.

i am considering the idea of the teg or something along that line. im searching around my area for something out of the ordinary but still very doable