PDA

View Full Version : Shop that specialized in FD RX7

Chai01
08-29-2014, 04:28 PM
I need a shop that specialize in rotary motor.. My 95 RX7 have been sitting for 6 years without running. Need to bring it back to life.

davin
08-30-2014, 12:42 AM
I've had two engines built by IR Performance and they were pretty good. There are quite a few around, but it's always a gamble.

dnasty2g
08-31-2014, 06:25 PM
Dunno where your located but I work in Blackwood nj and the shop next to mine is jpr imports. They specialize in rotarys. I don't have experience with them first hand as I don't own any. But I have shot the **** with them and they seem like great guys. There always busy. Might be worth a look.
Their address is 110 Harmon Dr. Suite 203 Blackwood nj

93rx7r1
09-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Speed 1 Allentown (http://www.speed1allentown.com/Home.aspx) (formerly called KD Rotary) located near Allentown, PA would be my recommendation. They built my engine for me a few years ago & I've had nothing but great experiences with them. They know the rotary engine VERY well.

Chai01
09-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Thank u guys for your help. I live in Philly so I'll definitely check out A1 speed in Allentown. 2nd choice would be Blackwood NJ. Let's see.. Thank u again guys

Chai01
09-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Here is my RX7.. Let's bring it back to life!

davin
09-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Speed 1 Allentown (http://www.speed1allentown.com/Home.aspx).

That shop is a joke. They swore up and down that they could tune my MoTeC M2R and in reality, it sat there for 3 months. That whole time they were telling me that they where having trouble here and there and finally got it going great! When I had Sean go there to get it, the one with the white S15 Silvia, he said they just started tuning it; WTF! When I get the car back, I checked out the telemetry logs and it only logged maybe an hours worth of tuning. So I spent almost a $1000 only have the car sit outside in the sun and a crap tune that falls flat on it's face. Awesome!

93rx7r1
09-04-2014, 07:28 PM
That shop is a joke. They swore up and down that they could tune my MoTeC M2R and in reality, it sat there for 3 months. That whole time they were telling me that they where having trouble here and there and finally got it going great! When I had Sean go there to get it, the one with the white S15 Silvia, he said they just started tuning it; WTF! When I get the car back, I checked out the telemetry logs and it only logged maybe an hours worth of tuning. So I spent almost a $1000 only have the car sit outside in the sun and a crap tune that falls flat on it's face. Awesome!

That has not been my experience with them at all. I've been going to them for years. Not only that, but I've never had to spend anywhere near $1000 on a tuning session. That being said I'm not running a motec management system. Don't know what to tell ya there. I've never had any issues with the shop.

teecap93
09-04-2014, 10:08 PM
I endorse Speed1 as well. Always great work on mine and
I agree with the tuning..no where near that for a dyno tune, but again I have a powerfc.

Out of curiousity, why have you had two motors built by IRP? Two separate cars or they keep popping?

teecap93
09-04-2014, 10:17 PM
My latest dealing with Speed1 is the exact opposite of yours. My car sat for a few years, dead battery, bad gas etc. Had it flatbeded up bc it ran rough so I assumed it might have reset the powerfc to a base map so they were gonna dyno tune it again. They got it there changed the gas and plugs and they did a few pulls and it kept the tune from years ago. I only got charged for the new plugs they put in. They could've easily charged me for a new tune but they didn't even hit me for the time they spent on the car. To me that speaks a lot about Dave and his shop.

davin
09-15-2014, 12:02 PM
That has not been my experience with them at all. I've been going to them for years. Not only that, but I've never had to spend anywhere near $1000 on a tuning session. That being said I'm not running a motec management system. Don't know what to tell ya there. I've never had any issues with the shop.

I spent $500 for towing from DC to there and $500 for tuning. They are really the only ones that could tune it right for a rotary, or so I thought. Now ShaneT is doing remote tuning for like a grand and does pretty much all the tuning for the world record cars around the world.