TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-06-2008, 09:56 PM   #1
coltsicehockey
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4010

My Ride:
2004 Acura TSX

Coltsicehockey Acura TSX: ***UPDATE: 11/7/2012 - THE REBIRTH***

Well finally finished the supercharger install last Monday and now got around to posting pics. Well its been just over a week since I finally got the supercharger installed however I have maybe logged 3 hours total driving the car since I have been so busy with work and going to a show this past weekend. The install I thought was basically fairly easy minus a couple small hiccups along the way. First problem I ran into was the screw hole for the map sensor was not tapped to receive the bolt to hold the map sensor on so I had to run to my buddies shop to get that tapped. The second problem I ran into when I first started the car was that there was a horrible scretching noise and I noticed that the bolts holding the pulley on were touching the the auto tensioner and grinding against it cause for some reason comptech had put washer on the bolts along with using flared nuts and the pictures on the installation instructions only had them using the flared bolts. So once the washers were removed the clearance was fine however I need to contact comptech and email them pictures cause I want a replacement auto tensioner that is not scratched now. Last problem I had was in the process of installing the extension on the power steering hose I had an o-ring tear. While I tried to bleed the power steering system to get air our that I thought was a result of the longer hose I was really just pumping more air into the system the entire time so a trip to the Acura dealer for a new o-ring a bottle of power steering fluid to top of the fluid that came out.

First half stock manifold removed

Step by step layout of parts removed

Second half of stock manifold removed

New manifold gasket

New manifold on

Stupid whole that wasn't tapped and caused me to have to remove manifold after it was on

Power steering pump relocated

Removing power steering 90 degree adapter

Spacer installed

Spacer installed close up

Blower on

Blower on

Blower throttle body plate

Manifold ground relocation

Auto tensioner and belt installed

Completely installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaxpower
wow really nice..but i can get some shots of your car the whole thing
Here are some pics of how the car sits currently.

Pics of how the car used to look at different times from most recent to oldest.

Links to threads of detailed look at the transformation of the car over the last nine months.

Transformation Stage 1
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41002

Transformation Stage 2
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41747

Transformation Stage 3
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42394

Transformation Stage 4
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43065

Transformation Stage 5
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43236

Transformation Stage 6 - Installation Began Last Night
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44211

Figured I would keep it simple and just to the most recent progression of the car but if anyone wants I have build threads since I started the car 3 years ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by coltsicehockey; 08-22-2008 at 06:13 AM.
coltsicehockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #2
Erik
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1962

My Ride:
2001 Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo

wow that looks hot as **** with green wheel sin my opinion. good job with the install. Gotta expect those damn hiccups that throw a curve. looks great man, hows it feel now?

'96 Mazda Miata | FM V-Maxx Coilovers | Jackson Racing Exhaust/Intake GONE

01' Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo | Daily | NoMods
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
abrok99
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6039

My Ride:
2004 Subaru WRX swagon

omg omg omg omg want wanttttt soo nice man

abrok99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #4
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

so ****ing sick. i absolutely love it.

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:44 PM   #5
pinacup7
Tri-State Addict

Member #1764

My Ride:
Baaaaahd GTO

Send a message via AIM to pinacup7
I'm a tech at an acura dealer, the car looks really good. Install looks pretty easy. What does this setup put down to the wheels? The older tsx's look alright but they have no power at all, I hate workin on them cause they are so slow, hopefully the s/c will change that. Let me know if you need anything.

Edit: Automatic???? Might as well swap the trans too, they suck stock so I doubt its going to last very long
pinacup7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:14 AM   #6
Da InFaMMuS 1
Tri-State Addict

Member #6567

My Ride:
99 Acura 2.3 CL

Send a message via AIM to Da InFaMMuS 1
i like the wheels before the green ones. And dislike the auto tranny. But besides those, everything else is absolutely beautiful.
UTI Class of '10, BMW "STEPchild"
Acurazine.com
Da InFaMMuS 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #7
Da InFaMMuS 1
Tri-State Addict

Member #6567

My Ride:
99 Acura 2.3 CL

Send a message via AIM to Da InFaMMuS 1
i like the wheels before the green ones. And dislike the auto tranny. But besides those, everything else is absolutely beautiful.
UTI Class of '10, BMW "STEPchild"
Acurazine.com
Da InFaMMuS 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:28 AM   #8
fballman1987
Tri-State Addict

Member #2928

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi

Send a message via AIM to fballman1987
what blower is that? at first it looks like the m62 but then its too short, prolly not the m90 either...
fballman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #9
HighOctane
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6128

My Ride:
2005 Subaru Sti

I love those green wheels.
HighOctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:24 PM   #10
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

silver wheels >>>>> green wheels.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #11
coltsicehockey
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4010

My Ride:
2004 Acura TSX

Stage 1 - Interior Conversion

After 10 hours Thursday, 8 hours Friday, 8 hours Saturday, and 4 hours today I finally finished the final details of my most recent addition to my car. I started this project 2 weeks ago by gutting the car and then found when I begin to assemble all of the new parts I was missing one which end up being on backorder. My parts came in this Wednesday so I decided to finish it this weekend.

I have been slowly collecting both new and used black interior parts over the last year for. I had basically everything but seats around the beginning of this fall when I happened on a set of Recaro Sportline front seats and recaro wrapped rear seat from a 2004 Accord Euro R on Ebay. Finally changes as of current include full black interior conversion, recaro sport line front seats and recaro wrapped rear seat, brockway engineering race date display for my video screen, blacked out window trim, chrome door handles, blue 5zigen lug nuts, and 17x7.5 +40 takata green volk te37 wheels. There is still more to come but the rest will not be arriving till after Christmas.

So with out any further wait here are the build photos I took and the final pictures I took in my driveway since the weather was to bad to make it anywhere for a good shoot unfortunately.

The piece that caused the hold up.

Yes they are from a real accord euro r and even a 2004.

Interior Before

The finished pictures

Old 08-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #12
IntegrasAreBest
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2474

awesome car! I love it, I like the J's racing stuff. You have no idea how badly I want a tsx.
IntegrasAreBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:54 PM   #13
coltsicehockey
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4010

My Ride:
2004 Acura TSX

Stage II

Old 08-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #14
coltsicehockey
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4010

My Ride:
2004 Acura TSX

Stage III

J's Racing 60RS Exhaust, J's Racing Intake, J's Racing Strut Bar, Racing Brake 2pc Front Rotors, Racing Brake Slotted Rear Rotors, Racing Brake Stainless Steel Brake Lines, and a new euro r front lip. More coming soon, so stay tuned. So no more words and just pictures.

17in lift kit

Sweet Closeups of J's Exhaust

Damn those are some sexy welds

Did some more installs yesterday. Worked on the intake and the strut bar. The intake wasn't that hard so far but I wasn't able to install the entire thing because for some reason it didn't come with all the neccessary screws. Luckily I was able to come up with some screws that works and get all the parts installed that involved removed the bumper. The strut bar mount on the drivers side was easy to put on however the passenger side was not so easy. You had to unscrew both AC line mounting bracket screws so you could pull the lines up and to the back of the engine bay as far as possible just to be able to spend about 5 minutes wiggling the bracket through the small whole to get it on. Unfortunately I had to do this twice cause in the process of being annoyed by how hard it was to install I forgot to remove the strut tower bolts the first time. You had to install the brackets first and the bar seperate for this strut bar as well. One bolt must go one direction and one must go the other to mount the bar to the brackets and actually have room to tighten the bolts.

So here are pics of both installs. Lots more of the strut tower to try and show how tight the fit is. Also the reason there is blue tape on the strut bar is because I didn't want to scratch it during install.

Air block off plate that fits perfectly around the subframe to keep air from entering the engine bay from the intake side other than through the whole up to the filter.

Air directional plate from center air dam with sweet allen head bolts I bought since it didn't come with any.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #15
IntegrasAreBest
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2474

drooooooooool .... paint your te's black!
IntegrasAreBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #16
KingOfDelco
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #8058

My Ride:
'05 Scion Coupe

+1 Supercharged Vtec K24
-1 Slushbox tranny

def a nice ride though. green wheels gotta go tho bro!
KingOfDelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #17
coltsicehockey
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4010

My Ride:
2004 Acura TSX

Stage IV

Spoon Radiator Cap, Spoon Oil Cap, Spoon Spark Cover, J's Valve Cover. Also on the way Spoon Reservoir Covers.

J's Racing Air Intake
The install of the j’s racing intake is very straight forward as long as you can get the second chamber to attach to the rubber hose. That was the only tough part I had when trying to install the intake. I was looking forward to trying to do the P2R spacer but the fit is already tight right now so I am pretty sure it will not be possible.

Spoon Titanium Auto Shift Knob

J's Racing Carbon Rear Diffuser
The rear diffuser is a real pain to install and is not something you can do with just one person. I had two friends help me with the install and I can’t imagine trying to do it with less people really. You have to make sure all the brackets are correctly aligned. I think I test fitted the diffuser on 6 times before I had all the brackets lined up 90% of the way so that I could tweak them into the place the remainder of the way. The build quality of the diffuser is top notch. Once you have it mounted too the brackets with all 11 screws that thing is super solid.

Unwaxed

Waxed

Bracket Install

Diffuser Install

Installed Daylight Pics

Old 08-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #18
coltsicehockey
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4010

My Ride:
2004 Acura TSX

Stage V

Hopefully I will be able to get these installed early next week as brakes is one of the only things I don't feel comfortable tackling yet.

My new brake setup will be Spoon Calipers, Hawk HPS Pads All Around, Racing Brake 2pc Front Rotros, Racing Brake Rear Rotors, and Racing Brake Stainless Steel Brake Lines.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #19
coltsicehockey
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4010

My Ride:
2004 Acura TSX

Stage VI

Well finally decided to leave the AT in for now and Supercharge the car cause I still have interest in doing RHD and JDM k20 motor swap eventually when the price of a front clip finally comes down. I would like to thank board vendor Excelerate.com for getting me the supercharger extremely fast after I placed my order so that I would be able to get it installed this weekend.

Well its been just over a week since I finally got the supercharger installed however I have maybe logged 3 hours total driving the car since I have been so busy with work and going to a show this past weekend. The install I thought was basically fairly easy minus a couple small hiccups along the way. First problem I ran into was the screw hole for the map sensor was not tapped to receive the bolt to hold the map sensor on so I had to run to my buddies shop to get that tapped. The second problem I ran into when I first started the car was that there was a horrible scretching noise and I noticed that the bolts holding the pulley on were touching the the auto tensioner and grinding against it cause for some reason comptech had put washer on the bolts along with using flared nuts and the pictures on the installation instructions only had them using the flared bolts. So once the washers were removed the clearance was fine however I need to contact comptech and email them pictures cause I want a replacement auto tensioner that is not scratched now. Last problem I had was in the process of installing the extension on the power steering hose I had an o-ring tear. While I tried to bleed the power steering system to get air our that I thought was a result of the longer hose I was really just pumping more air into the system the entire time so a trip to the Acura dealer for a new o-ring a bottle of power steering fluid to top of the fluid that came out.

First half stock manifold removed

Step by step layout of parts removed

Second half of stock manifold removed

New manifold gasket

New manifold on

Stupid whole that wasn't tapped and caused me to have to remove manifold after it was on

Power steering pump relocated

Removing power steering 90 degree adapter

Spacer installed

Spacer installed close up

Blower on

Blower on

Blower throttle body plate

Manifold ground relocation

Auto tensioner and belt installed

Completely installed

Last edited by coltsicehockey; 08-08-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #20
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
i love every single ****ing thing about that car. WOW bro!

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote