TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-20-2007, 01:40 AM   #1
tjmhillz
Tri-State Addict

Member #1266

My Ride:
01 Turbo Is300

Send a message via AIM to tjmhillz Send a message via Yahoo to tjmhillz
my ka24e-t build thread

well ive finally decided on wat i wanna do.. ive been back and forth from wat motor swap i wana do for the longest time.. i picked up a ka24e from my friend for $17.29(case of beer lol) i have a running sohc in my car now and its not that bad.. this is going to be my first build so its probably going to be a lil rough for me but ive been researchign and everthing so i should be straight. well heres the pics of the motor when i got it a couple days ago. if u have any comments or suggestion plz post up.. btw before anybody says anything the motor is sittin on a pallet jack for now til i buy an engine stand next week.

well my plans are to rip it apart and see how the inside looks like.. the block has some oil and sludge built up on it so im going to hot tank the block and other parts. im looking to get about 400hp. i know its not many aftermarket parts for the sohc but i can make it work. if u have any comments or suggestion post up i would appreciate it. i will take update pics on what ive done and when i get in new parts.. just bare with me thanks alot.. KA-T FTMFW!!
tjmhillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:41 AM   #2
tjmhillz
Tri-State Addict

Member #1266

My Ride:
01 Turbo Is300

update 7/19/07

well i got around to working on the motor today after work. i got alot accomplished and got wat i wanted done.. well here are a few pics of wat ive got done so far.. enjoy

Old 07-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
S.Milone
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3073

My Ride:
240sx hatch

You could get a dohc motor for free and build that if you are having problems getting parts for the sohc. People throw them out when swapping to sr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Great Parts

S.Milone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
06evors
Tri-State Addict

Member #4563

My Ride:
00 MX-5 LS

Send a message via MSN to 06evors
I applaud you for going with the KA because quite frankly I'm sick of hearing about SR swapped 240's like it's still dope. I'm not sure about the SOHC motor but AMS builds the DOHC if you ever decide to go with that. Good Luck.
06evors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:57 AM   #5
tjmhillz
Tri-State Addict

Member #1266

My Ride:
01 Turbo Is300

thanks.. i wanted to go a different route.. everybody has the sr and its kinda funny cuz everytime somebody ask me about my car they be like u got a sr lol.. i should be getin alot of work done to the motor this weekend.. ill be sure to post up pics