TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-19-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
SpoolinDSM
Tri-State Addict

Member #3298

My Ride:
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to SpoolinDSM
SpoolinDSM's POS DSM. Updated 3/18/09

Well, let's see, after searching about 6 months for a dsm for sale in my area I came across this one on ebay. It was in the Philly area, and it was pretty cheap, except for the fact it had 183,XXX miles on it. I talked to the guy and found out he was staying at his moms house for the weekend which was only 10 minutes from my house, so I really could'nt pass this up. Well when I got it, it had decent amount of work done to it but not anything special. I bought the car for $4,250 and it had a 16g, dnp manifold, wheels, exhaust, intake, clutch, flywheel, fmic, and a short shifter. So I'm thinking, ok theres half the mods I was going to do, already out of the way for me... But I wasnt going to settle for a low 14 high 13 second car.

First day I brought it home.

First I had to replace gaskets and such. Which led me to find more problems. (with any dsm, when you go to fix one thing you always find something else wrong)...
Well when I was replacing the exhaust manifold gasket and studs, I found that the manifold to turbine gasket was busted, and the turbine housing was cracked and the wastegate flapper only covered about 65% of the port.

ew dirty

So after replacing the studs, and gaskets, I orded a monster bullseye turbing housing.

Now after putting that on, I come to find the wastegate actuator doesn't line up, and doesn't function right either. So I said F it, and decided to go external. So I plasma cut out the flaper, and welded the lever hole shut. Then I ordered an FP o2 sensor housing and Tial 40mm wastegate. Also since the exhaust manifold looked like ass I sand blasted it and repainted it.

Now I'm thinking, hmm I went external, and now have a monster turbine housing, I need to push out more exhaust. So I ordered some Brian Crower 272 cams.

And to make up for the running lean (as all 4g63's do) I ordered an safcII

Also I'm going to need a MBC and a boost gauge.

Also I figured I would need to let the turbo cool a bit so I got a Blitz FATT, which I now figured out wont work with my car since I have a viper alarm.

Then since it was winter I decided to do a little cleaning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
= young dro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by SpoolinDSM; 07-19-2007 at 04:33 PM.
SpoolinDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
Sberk06
Tri-State Addict

Member #2730

My Ride:
07 ZX6-R

Send a message via AIM to Sberk06
very nice DSM

Quote:
even your girlfriend thinks you're a ricer haha
Sberk06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
SpoolinDSM
Tri-State Addict

Member #3298

My Ride:
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

I also sand-blasted the UICP and repainted it cause it look like ass.

But this is where I screwed up big time.... I decided to do a fuse box relocation since it was winter and it would be sitting for a while.
And now that everything is back on the car and ready to go, the car wont start, only about half the wires have power, and some of the ones without power dont even have power from where I originaly cut them. WTF?

Now I dont even know what to do, it's been down for almost a year now, and from the looks of this fuse box relocation mess, it wont be running anytime soon, uless one of you guys is an electrical genius and wants to help lol

But now the car is just sitting waiting to be fired up... but it wont happen any time soon =(

Not bad for a 16 year old kid though eh?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
SpoolinDSM
Tri-State Addict

Member #3298

My Ride:
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

I also recently got an AFPR with -8AN lines and fittings and a Walboro 255 fp.

= young dro
Old 07-19-2007, 04:31 PM   #5
silver05bullet
Tri-State Addict

Member #1084

Send a message via AIM to silver05bullet
i dont see why you would want to relocate the fusebox, take all the wires off again and re splice them maybe you messed up connecting them together

silver05bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
Sberk06
Tri-State Addict

Member #2730

My Ride:
07 ZX6-R

that car is gonna blow up.. take off thsoe wires and put it back how it was!

Quote:
Old 07-19-2007, 04:37 PM   #7
SpoolinDSM
Tri-State Addict

Member #3298

My Ride:
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

I also bought an 2gb eclipse front bumper off some guy on dsmtalk for $125, and... it never arrived, also somehow I sent the money twice so I got gipped for $250....

Oh and I picked up a new VC yesterday, already shaved except for DOHC 16 valve, but it does need to be freshly powdercoated. Sorry for the crappy pics, my dad broke the D1x so I'm stuck with a little pos, and the flash was on.

= young dro

Last edited by SpoolinDSM; 07-19-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:39 PM   #8
SpoolinDSM
Tri-State Addict

Member #3298

My Ride:
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sberk06 View Post
very nice DSM
Thanks, you don't understand how bad I want to drive it, I got it when I was 15 so I didn't have my permit, and it's been down since before I got my permit, now I have my liscense and it's still down.

= young dro
Old 07-19-2007, 04:39 PM   #9
SpoolinDSM
Tri-State Addict

Member #3298

My Ride:
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Quote:
that car is gonna blow up.. take off thsoe wires and put it back how it was!
You know what, I think I am actually about to go start working on that, thanks.

= young dro
Old 07-19-2007, 04:41 PM   #10
Sberk06
Tri-State Addict

Member #2730

My Ride:
07 ZX6-R

seriously, pay someone on here to get that fuse box back how it used to be.. most people on here will give a helping hand out even if its only for a few bucks man.. if i knew electricity **** like that i would help, but honestly thats something i wouldnt mess with

Quote:
Old 07-19-2007, 04:42 PM   #11
Sberk06
Tri-State Addict

Member #2730

My Ride:
07 ZX6-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolinDSM View Post
You know what, I think I am actually about to go start working on that, thanks.
the only reason i say that is because there is no gain at all with that... its only a big risk.

Quote:
Old 07-19-2007, 04:42 PM   #12
SpoolinDSM
Tri-State Addict

Member #3298

My Ride:
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Quote:
seriously, pay someone on here to get that fuse box back how it used to be.. most people on here will give a helping hand out even if its only for a few bucks man.. if i knew electricity **** like that i would help, but honestly thats something i wouldnt mess with
Yea that's why I hate myself for doing it, I don't even know what gave me the idea in the first place...

= young dro
Old 07-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #13
SpoolinDSM
Tri-State Addict

Member #3298

My Ride:
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Quote:
the only reason i say that is because there is no gain at all with that... its only a big risk.
Yea I know, that's kinda why I feel like a dumbass for doint it, and that is exactly why I'm going outside right now and starting to cut and label again.

= young dro
Old 07-19-2007, 11:25 PM   #14
turbo4g63
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1057

My Ride:
98' 4runner

Send a message via AIM to turbo4g63
i would have never done that....electrical wiring is not my strong point....other than the f'd up fuse box you've got a nice car...try to get it fixed and bring it to the bbq
Old 10-20-2007, 12:15 PM   #15
SpoolinDSM
Tri-State Addict

Member #3298

My Ride:
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Update time! I put the fuse box back a while ago, but it still isn't ready to fire up, cause the stock oil return line isnt fitting up, so i got to seperate peices and I'm connecting them with a high temp silicon hose, but heres the thing, all my friends like to go in my garage and **** around with things, so now I lost one of the bolts, so I need one of those, and I need new studs for my EWG cause the ones I bought, 2 are only long enough, the other two were too short, so I bought to more that were long enough, and I was working on my car and my friends were over, and I go into the garage to grab them, and they are missing too, so I still need studs And it could really use some fresh gas. Other than that I just need to finish fabing up my exhaust and it should be good to go.

Right now I am currently putting new rotors and pads on the car, and I am going to get it repainted in the near future (after it gets running)

My sexy wheels

The back left wheel was so torqued down it was fcking rediculous, I broke one key and bent another, but I still got it off

For sh*ts and giggles

= young dro
Old 10-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #16
Kevin
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2345

My Ride:
EVO

Send a message via AIM to Kevin
Damn man that car looks like it has been a nightmare for you. Especially because it looks like you haven't had the time to drive it a lot. If you ever need any DSM help just send me a PM or something. I'll come up there at help you out for fun. Theres like no DSM people anywhere close to me that are worth associating with (mostly 420a guys). haha

If you can get everything back together good and correctly then I think you'll love that car.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:06 PM   #17
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
car should be a beast when you get it on the road...i think i remember seeing a ruse box relocation tech article on dsmtuners. i'll see if i can find it for you, might help with the mess of wires you have. otherwise, badass dsm

EDIT: couldnt find it. i'm sure someone over there has done it before. i suggest a quick search for some answers. good luck

Last edited by 97TurboDSM; 10-20-2007 at 01:18 PM.
97TurboDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #18
stover
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3483

My Ride:
2005 MINI Cooper S

sweet ride man... u and me both have the same idea but i guess u have more funds than me seeing as how im the same age but i cant afford anything but my POS plymouth breeze..
Old 10-20-2007, 07:27 PM   #19
SpoolinDSM
Tri-State Addict

Member #3298

My Ride:
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxAWDdsm692 View Post
Damn man that car looks like it has been a nightmare for you. Especially because it looks like you haven't had the time to drive it a lot. If you ever need any DSM help just send me a PM or something. I'll come up there at help you out for fun. Theres like no DSM people anywhere close to me that are worth associating with (mostly 420a guys). haha

If you can get everything back together good and correctly then I think you'll love that car.
lol thanks man, I'll shoot you a pm if I ever find myself in a situation that i cant handle or am dumbfounded lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TurboDSM View Post
car should be a beast when you get it on the road...i think i remember seeing a ruse box relocation tech article on dsmtuners. i'll see if i can find it for you, might help with the mess of wires you have. otherwise, badass dsm

EDIT: couldnt find it. i'm sure someone over there has done it before. i suggest a quick search for some answers. good luck
Thanks atleast you tried, thanks again!

= young dro
Old 10-21-2007, 04:12 PM   #20
DSMTJ
Tri-State Addict

Member #1442

My Ride:
Callaway Sledgehammer

Send a message via AIM to DSMTJ
nice build thread dude, i can't wait to see the car running haha
DSMTJ is offline   Reply With Quote