TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-27-2006, 11:23 PM   #1
sesolcSTI
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #40

My Ride:
2004 WRB WRX STi

Send a message via AIM to sesolcSTI Send a message via Yahoo to sesolcSTI
*UPDATE:6/13* Biggest TST Event Of The Summer! - June 25th - Charity Dyno Day!!

Update 6/9: Download the Letter and Donation Form NOW to get started!
Letter and Donation Form

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RAIN OR SHINE!!!!!!

Xotic Motorsports address:
999 GAP NEWPORT PIKE (RT 41)
Cochranville PA 19330
Just North of the intersection of RT41 and RT10

Well after a few months of organization, the biggest TristateTuners event of the year is here! The thread is lenghty, but WELL worth the read! Let's make this thing happen! PLEASE DON'T CLUTTER THIS THREAD! Feel free to PM me or email me at jclose1@gmail.com!

TristateTuners.com Charity Dyno
Sponsored by: Xotic Motorsports

Finally! The hottest event of the summer is now finalized! The fine folks at Xotic Motorsports and TristateTuners.com proudly present the charity dyno event taking place on Sunday June 25, 2006, starting at 9am at Xotic Motorsports in Cochranville, PA. Come join us for a fun filled day of dyno runs, food, music, and friends! And the best part….it’s all for charity!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IS IT?
This event is taking place to help raise money for a great local charity. It will let the community know that TristateTuners and Xotic Motorsports care and support local organizations.

WHAT IS THE CHARITY AND WHY?
The charity selected for this event is Carol for Heart Inc. “Carol For Heart, Inc. was founded in 2003 to eradicate women’s heart disease through increased awareness and education to women and those in the medical community.” (More info on the charity can be found at www.carolforheart.com Following are reasons for selection of said charity:
-Local Charity (Horsham, PA)
-Carol for Heart is a fairly new charity and will benefit much more from our donation than a large scale/national charity.
-It’s for an exceptional cause!

HOW DOES DYNO’ING CARS MAKE MONEY FOR A CHARITY?
It’s easy! Cars from the forum will be selected to participate in the charity dyno. Once the cars are selected, you will receive an official sponsor form. With this form you get family/neighbors/friends to sponsor your power! For example: You ask your neighbor to sponsor you…..They then decide how much money they will donate for every 1whp you make on the dyno. If the amount they sponsor you for is 10cents per 1 whp and you put down 365whp, they would then donate $36.50 to Carol for Heart Inc. Of course this is JUST AN EXAMPLE, its up to them to decide how much they want to give per whp, and its YOUR responsibility to make sure donations are turned over to TristateTuners. Please give your sponsor a ballpark figure as to what your car will dyno at, so that they aren’t in the dark when you collect the money! It is highly encouraged to pound the pavement and get as many sponsors as you can……more sponsors = more money for the charity!! Your sponsors can also chose to make a flat payment donation although we prefer the money to whp sponsorship. All in all be prepared to collect after the event is over! There will be a 10 day deadline to collect all of your sponsorship donations so we don’t leave the charity hanging, because when it’s said and done this is all for them!

HOW ARE THE CARS PICKED?
The cars for this event will be picked through an application process. By applying to this dyno competition, you are agreeing to be available on said date of competition. We are looking for some serious cars. These cars can come from other sources than TristateTuners (yes local cars are invited to apply that may not be members of TristateTuners). If you have a friend with a strong car and he/she is interested, have them fill an application out! We wanna have the best show possible, and make as much money for charity while we do it! The link for the application is: LINK FOR APP------http://www.tristatetuners.com/index.php?page=charityapp -------LINK FOR APP. All apps will be sent automatically to my email. We will then choose the luck 15 who get to participate…..GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!

DO I HAVE TO PAY A FEE FOR MY DYNO RUNS?
There will be a fee for making your runs to pay for the operation/rental of the dyno. Everyone that is participating in the charity pulls will get 2 PULLS MAXIMUM. Xotic Motorsports is being VERY generous in only charging $20 for 2 pulls!!!!!!!!!!! Half of which they are donating to the charity!!!!!!!!!!!! This means that you are essentially paying $10 for 2 pulls and donating your other $10 to the charity! THERE WILL BE NO TUNING DONE DURING THIS EVENT! THESE ARE STRICTLY WHP RUNS, NO TUNING ALLOWED!!!!

IN WHAT ORDER DO THE PARTICIPATING CARS DYNO?
The order in which you dyno your car is going to be random. The order will be done with the “pick a name out of the hat” system. If for some reason you can’t stay for the entire event we reserve the right to bump you up in line. Please be honest though, and these cases will be looked at on a case by case basis.

IF MY CAR ISN’T PARTICIPATING IN THE CHARITY RUNS, CAN I STILL COME AND WATCH?
Heck yeah you can! This event is not only for the cars participating, but for all members of TristateTuners.com! Come on out and check out the wild rides and grab yourself a burger while you’re there.

IF IM NOT DYNO’ING FOR CHARITY, CAN I STILL MAKE A DONATION?
Of course! Donations will be accepted from anybody attending and will be HIGHLY encouraged. Remember that this is for a great cause! I know that every member that attends will have at least a few spare dollars. Keep an eye out for members with donation cans, and toss a little something in there for an outstanding charity!

IS THERE A REWARD FOR EARNING THE MOST MONEY FOR THE CHARITY?
You bet! Xotic Motorsports has agreed to donate a $75 gift certificate for the highest money earner!!!!!!! That is equivalent to 4 normal price dyno pulls or 1 hour of labor!!!!!

GROUND RULES FOR THE EVENT

-As always, no burnouts, high revving, or exhibition driving will be tolerated!
- No drugs or alcohol are permitted…PERIOD. If you show up with drugs and/or alcohol you will be IMMEDIATELY expelled from the event, no questions asked.
-No vulgar language or horseplay! We plan on inviting some people from the charity to come out and share the day with us…….DO NOT make a fool out of Tristatetuners.com or Xotic Motorsports. This will result in automatic expulsion as well.
-Nobody will be permitted to be in the dyno bay during test runs unless you are given special permission from Xotic Motorsports. We have a lot of cars to dyno and Xotic is going to be working feverishly to get them all in. DO NOT get in their way!
-Please act like adults! Clean up after yourselves. Do not litter up Xotic Motorsports facilities!
-Most importantly have fun! This will be our first big gathering of the spring/summer season, and it is sure to please!

Once again, a HUGE Thanks goes out to the fine people at Xotic Motorsports! Thank you for making this event possible! If there are any questions concerning the event, feel free to email me at jclose1@gmail.com or PM me on TristateTuners (sesolcSTi). Let’s make this an event that the tristate area talks about for years to come!

UPDATE 6/1: Start time of the event is 9am. Those that have applied will be recieving replies within the next day or two. Also the donation forms, charity letter (explaining tax decuctable donations, charity support, etc.) should be linked into this thread asap. PLEASE remember that if you are selected, you are agreeing to gain as many donations as possible! This is ALL ABOUT THE CHARITY, SO FUNDRAISING IS TOP PRIORITY! We are still accepting apps as well, so it isnt too late for ANYONE!!!!!!! Get apps in ASAP! Thanks, -Jon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 6/9: Download the Letter and Donation Form NOW to get started!
Letter and Donation Form

TST #40 / HP #009 / Blobeye Syndicate #99
GO PITTSBURGH!

Last edited by sesolcSTI; 06-22-2006 at 04:19 PM.
sesolcSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:26 PM   #2
LadyTSi
Tri-State Addict

Member #298

My Ride:
1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to LadyTSi Send a message via Yahoo to LadyTSi
Awesome Job Jon!!! this looks to be a huge success!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
LadyTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:28 PM   #3
sesolcSTI
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #40

My Ride:
2004 WRB WRX STi

We sure hope so....ASH please put this on the calender!
GO PITTSBURGH!
Old 04-27-2006, 11:40 PM   #4
superg6819
Tri-State Addict

Member #1540

My Ride:
evo 9 rs

Send a message via AIM to superg6819
Hope my em1 will be done by then!!!
superg6819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:57 PM   #5
JTunedMotorsports
Former Vendor

Member #819

My Ride:
91 240sx, 90 240sx, 93 240sx

Send a message via AIM to JTunedMotorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by superg6819
Hope my em1 will be done by then!!!
Yes mario it will be done, I will get the motor built by then. I hope to get some more mods on my care before this event and dyno the RB project by the time of this event.
JTunedMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:03 AM   #6
sesolcSTI
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #40

My Ride:
2004 WRB WRX STi

Feel free to fill out an application guys! The link is in the thread! If you are positive the rides will be ready by then, fill em out and send em in!
GO PITTSBURGH!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:03 AM   #7
1988 Olds
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #201

My Ride:
2012 Chevy Cruze

Send a message via AIM to 1988 Olds
Think you could fit a Dragster on the dyno, I'm sure my dad could put down close to 600-650whp.

Dynoed at 237hp and 292lbs at the rear wheels.
Hmm ran 13.52 @ 103.42 11/10/06
1994 Hunter Green Acura Integra DB7, Stock
1988 Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:04 AM   #8
JTunedMotorsports
Former Vendor

Member #819

My Ride:
91 240sx, 90 240sx, 93 240sx

Send a message via AIM to JTunedMotorsports
yes they will be done. one is already. this is going be a sick dyno day.
JTunedMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:10 AM   #9
1988 Olds
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #201

My Ride:
2012 Chevy Cruze

Send a message via AIM to 1988 Olds
Cool. I'll talk to my dad and see if he would be interested in getting put into the poll or w/e

Dynoed at 237hp and 292lbs at the rear wheels.
Hmm ran 13.52 @ 103.42 11/10/06
1994 Hunter Green Acura Integra DB7, Stock
1988 Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:20 AM   #10
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Send a message via AIM to Gorilla Unit 33
i know hickrocket is looking to dyno his camaro/track car asap. wow this is going to be huge
Old 04-28-2006, 12:25 AM   #11
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
Guys come on use the application I made fill it out

New DJ community being built,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
COMING SOON!!
BlackBulletTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:28 AM   #12
sesolcSTI
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #40

My Ride:
2004 WRB WRX STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBulletTSi
Guys come on use the application I made fill it out
Yeah, seeing that this event isnt going down for a couple months, lets try not to clutter the thread up please! Anyone can fill out an application! Just do it and ill send you verification back that i recieved it. Thank you.
GO PITTSBURGH!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:47 AM   #13
sesolcSTI
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #40

My Ride:
2004 WRB WRX STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesolcSTI
Yeah, seeing that this event isnt going down for a couple months, lets try not to clutter the thread up please! Anyone can fill out an application! Just do it and ill send you verification back that i recieved it. Thank you.
On top of that, please feel free to post in here to let me know if you sent an app in, but lets keep all questions to my email or PM, thanks again! Keep em coming, already got one, but we need PLENTY more!
GO PITTSBURGH!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:55 AM   #14
gregfeder
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1094

Send a message via AIM to gregfeder
ill be there

Listen to our debut EP!!

gregfeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #15
TehWagon
The Calendar Master

Member #34

My Ride:
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon MBP

Send a message via AIM to TehWagon
on the calendar!

great job jon!!! i'll be there even if i'm not dyno'ing!
~Ashley *formerly CarWidow* {TST Orig No. 34 / HP#002}
{{{---MPIBTY

My favorite wagon quote:
Quote:
I needed to both haul stuff and haul arse.
TehWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:53 AM   #16
HuffRex
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #757

My Ride:
2004 WRX/2002 P/T Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to HuffRex
Awesome and beneficial meet for a good cause with good people!
Old 04-28-2006, 11:46 AM   #17
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
hey guys, we're raising the bar on this event, there is going to be a lot going on there and we're hoping to round up a group of seriously impressive cars. however the most important part is finding dedicated members to really put some effort into fundraising. we dont need any money from you directly, but just some time and effort to go around and spread the word about this charity and our event and have others donate. little by little, if we have a lot of people get a lot of little donations, it will really really add up.
so if you or anyone you know has a really incredible, powerful car, ask them if they would be interested in 1) getting on the dyno that day and 2) putting in the effort to try and raise money for this very worthy charity.
thanks, hope this event tops them all and is the first of many...

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:50 AM   #18
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
This is awsome, i will definately work on some cars to get into this maybe some of the exotics i know. Jon anything you need planning wise let me know i would be more then happy to help out in any way i can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
S4toSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:54 AM   #19
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
yeah if there are any shop cars involved or anyone looking for some publicity whats better than an event where there name will be mentioned nonstop and the day of their car and dyno runs will be witnessed by hundreds of people? its gonna be great fun for the spectators, great publicity for anyone stepping up to help out with the dyno pulls or otherwise, and great for the charity too.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #20
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

Send a message via AIM to HickRocket1258
I know you said not to fill this with a bunch of questions and all but this is one that I think should be asked for everyone. How many cars are you looking at putting on max or are you getting as many as you can? Sorry if you posted it and I missed it.

Just a mustang that's lowered.....that's about it.

Work harder....Millions on welfare depend on you!
HickRocket1258 is offline   Reply With Quote