TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-20-2010, 07:36 AM   #1
TACH IT UP
Tri-State Addict

Member #16842

My Ride:
2003 Honda S2000

Turbo Widebody S2000 Build * Big Updates!

This is a little build thread Ive been keeping for a bit figured id share my experience, pix, and vids with the community.

Well to start out before i purchased the s2k my prior build was my 95 300zx after owning this car and recently selling it this past summer I feel like it was a good experience but I had some regretful things I did to the car and I feel like I've since changed my taste and gained some knowledge on where and where not to take my car if I need work done. So to start you guys off here's a few shots of my z

before and after pic

motor

and a few randoms

My weird self and my s in the back on the right lol

Back to the main car of this thread, In 2007 I took my friends spa yellow ap1 for a spin and fell in love with the car from then out i was completely sold and just had to have my hands on one so a few months later i purchased my 2003 silverstone s2000 bought the car Sept. 2007 with 4.8k miles on it and its currently at 26k miles. Took me quite a bit of time before i started modding this car. When i purchased it back in 2007 I swore up and down I was done with modifying cars, but modding as many of you no is an extremely hard addiction to break lol.

Sorry in advance some pictures are taking with a crappy camera some are taken with an iphone and some are taken with a still crappy but less crappier camera and some by other people's not so crappy cameras.

Day 1

A year goes by and I decided to tint it and take a few pix (this is where the money pit begins lol)

A few more months go by and I purchased dual invidia cat back my friend had it on his and i just loved the sound of it. (these pix are pretty crappy and my car was really dirty) Just figured I'd toss em in because i took a few pix with friends.

I actually do good for a long time and tell myself that I really dont need anymore parts. 2010 roll's around one of my friends decide to trade his 350z in and get an 05 ap2 he immediately was looking for exhaust so i sold him my duals and decided to go single and pick up the invidia tp as well.

had to stack a couple defoulers so i didn't get a CEL cause the tp with cel fix don't work.

I couldn't stand looking at the 2nd empty hole so i also decided to buy an exhaust cap

Picked up 3pc work's 18x8.5 in the front 18x9.5 on the rear

Took a trip to the closest dyno shop (Sorry for no digital printout they had never emailed it to me and i never really bothered for em again)
the s and my friends miata
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DYNO VID!!!!!
http://youtu.be/q9BK9Mgn1Ns

hard to tell but it put down 194whp and 131tq at this point all I had was the catback and tp

i switched to the ap2 center console and radio door

ct s/c

sos upgraded fmhe

some aem gauges

turbonetic godzilla bov (just to give you an idea how big it is)

act clutch and pp

And i decided to give ARK dt-p coilovers a shot and ended up really liking them

s2ki meet in freehold held by specops (awseome meet btw)

After i picked up my car and drove home, like an idiot i drove up a really steep hill with my wheels almost full lock turned and did this to my fender (yes they were rolled the hill was pretty steep)

My car was to low to pull into my driveway so it was out in the street until i raised it up some it met some wild turkeys while it was there (dono why the hell theres wild turkeys in my neighborhood never seen em before lol)

Here's a few recent shots 9/9/10

I was playing the waiting game I ordered a TON! of parts and will be upping the boost and getting new dyno results my tune date was set for Oct. 6th

Some parts came in 9/10/10
aem v2

id1000's and hondata 3 bar map sensor

and i ordered some more parts later that day

9/20/10
got a large box today

My car will also be going in the body shop today
Ill have pix up later in the day.

back side sneek peek

get it back from the body shop thursday

9/23/10

Just got it back from the body shop , pretty terrible pic's off my phone but for now thats all i got.

I'll get more up tommorow maybe

9/24/10

sum new pix of it atleast cleaned lol , still drive way shots but better then the ones from last night.

got my new cusco catch can and installed it.

10/12/10

More to come =)

!!!!!!!NEW DYNO VID !!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlX6MPVjr-E

Had a boost leak and theres a big possibilty a lost hp with the 5zigen header over my stock tbh.

Im gonna be fixing the leak, putting stock header back on, getting a new filter cause this foam one sux, getting a new charge pipe elbow with a slightly larger diameter and no holes in it , and retuning it to see if i can pick up some more power.

The parts I ordered about a month ago are going to be arriving a bit later then expected so my next major update won't be for a few weeks.

More pix 10/16/10

11/3/10
After a well worth wait Gotuning.com hooked it up!!!!

Here's a few peaks before install
And yes although its not in the picture I did buy 2 seats

11/20/10

Here's my latest update
quick sneak peak waiting on a few parts so i wont have the car done for a bit.
cusco 5pt

Tial bov

More to come hoping that I'll get to have it back for a week or so before snow hits.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

03 s2000 (new project)
95 300zx (sold)
90 300zx (got rear ended, totaled)

Last edited by TACH IT UP; 07-10-2013 at 09:02 PM.
TACH IT UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

Car is absolutely beautiful man, love the power, the Brides...of course lol, the wheels look good. A hardtop would def make it over the top, any plans for that? Good luck with everything!

*CK*
ambitiousCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

I like it besides for that 'cage'
Honduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
tazdevilxxi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16697

My Ride:
Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

both cars a very beautiful the what a good choice with the convertable summers are a very nice time to cruise but the mid-day sun is the worst
Old 11-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
TACH IT UP
Tri-State Addict

Member #16842

My Ride:
2003 Honda S2000

Thanx guys , I've been thinking about a hardtop im in between on it. I hate it when the soft top is up , makes me want to buy a hardtop. But at the same time in the summer when its down 100% of the time unless its raining I know I wouldnt use the hardtop. As soon as snow hits Its stored , and when the snows gone even if its cold im bundled up with the top down lmfao.

I'm 6'2 and slightly cramped in the car while the top is up height wise i know the hardtop is slightly taller but its so much sicker to hear the s/c and exhaust and everything with the top down. So maybe in the near future just for show purpose, but for functionality tbh id prolly never use it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

03 s2000 (new project)
95 300zx (sold)
Old 11-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
I'm usually not a fan of silver cars but i definitely wouldn't mind owning this one. Nice and subtle is the way to go. I've been caught day dreaming of owning a s/c'd s2k many times.

Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

TalonTsi97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
OutToWinPAHC
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5081

My Ride:
R33 GTS25T, RHD E46, Truck, part R32 GTR

Send a message via AIM to OutToWinPAHC
Wow legit, just no lambo doors please.
OutToWinPAHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
TACH IT UP
Tri-State Addict

Member #16842

My Ride:
2003 Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutToWinPAHC View Post
Wow legit, just no lambo doors please.
I bought my z wen i was 17 i was trying to be F&F at the time LOL.
Yea the lambo's were by far the worst thing I've ever spent my money on car wise. My z was overall pretty tacky for the most part =(

03 s2000 (new project)
95 300zx (sold)
Old 11-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #9
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

Send a message via AIM to jspek
beautiful s. i love that bumper.

jspek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #10
fitftw
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15351

My Ride:
96 Miata 2,040lbs full tank, hardtop, half-cage

one of the sickest s2k builds I've seen. Are you sponsored? So many baller parts. You got a dot com or something? lol

fitftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:12 PM   #11
TACH IT UP
Tri-State Addict

Member #16842

My Ride:
2003 Honda S2000

Thanks, im not sponsered i wish lol.

03 s2000 (new project)
95 300zx (sold)
Old 11-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #12
jesse096
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17203

My Ride:
2002 Chevy Silverado, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6 speed

Beautiful car man! Wish I could squeeze into one...

-Jesse
a ****ing space ship. next level transportation maneuver. **** 4 wheels son, im airborne.
Quote:
So, chinese food sprinkled with crack.... does that make you hungrier quicker bc you'll be tweaking from crack sprinkles? lol.
jesse096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #13
ChargerPrincess2
Tri-State Addict

Member #16010

My Ride:
OMGTI

Send a message via AIM to ChargerPrincess2
the s2k is really nice and the z is sexxxxxx
ChargerPrincess2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #14
abrok99
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6039

My Ride:
2004 Subaru WRX swagon

wow very nice man. great choice of parts. very well put together man i love it!

abrok99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:12 AM   #15
TACH IT UP
Tri-State Addict

Member #16842

My Ride:
2003 Honda S2000

Thanx for all the comments guys.

03 s2000 (new project)
95 300zx (sold)
Old 11-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #16
mann
Tri-State Addict

Member #3824

My Ride:
06 mx-5 turbo

its a disease and you are afflicted.

let me know if you find a cure.

nice and clean though, that power band is an s2k typical LOL...but 360 whp is fun no matter when!

mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:43 PM   #17
Asif22
Tri-State Addict

Member #5682

My Ride:
2008 Honda S2000 CR

Send a message via AIM to Asif22
Beautiful car! I'v seen this thread somewhere before. Are you on s2ki?

Also how do you like he blower? I am debating an s/c or a project car. Any issues with it? I also love your brides! Do you have any airbag lights on with the seats? I'v been looking into those too haha. Sorry for all the questions but once again, amazing car man. Much better than the 300zx lol
Old 11-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #18
TACH IT UP
Tri-State Addict

Member #16842

My Ride:
2003 Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif22 View Post
Beautiful car! I'v seen this thread somewhere before. Are you on s2ki?

Also how do you like he blower? I am debating an s/c or a project car. Any issues with it? I also love your brides! Do you have any airbag lights on with the seats? I'v been looking into those too haha. Sorry for all the questions but once again, amazing car man. Much better than the 300zx lol

Yea, I am up on s2ki also. I bought the brand newest comptech setup and like sos and a few other places they really upgraded their kit from the old novi 1000
blower is much more efficient. With s2k's you really gotta know what you want to do. If you drive it alot and want to enjoy the car but want to make power and you dont fix the motor yourself all the time then I suggest a s/c.
If you fix every problem with your motor and dont get stressed out when it breaks and want to make over 450 whp then Id go turbo tbh. As for the airbag lights I have an 03 so I dont think my seats trigger it tbh i dont think they do in the newer models either. But at the same time I'm doing my seats im also switching my steering wheel and I completely removed the steering wheel and put resistors and other wires to make the srs light get tricked into thinking the airbag is still there.
You could never ask me to many questions, and yea i agree my s2k is coming along much better then my z but while I cant talk for everyone I can say for myself that the main reason why, is that I started building a car at the age of 17 and I started my s2k at 21 so I matured my taste quite a bit between the two.

Btw where you from. We have meets every month or so in philly for tristate area on s2ki, never seen you there?

03 s2000 (new project)
95 300zx (sold)

Last edited by TACH IT UP; 11-21-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #19
ourbloodykisses
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8143

My Ride:
2002 Honda Civic EX

Send a message via AIM to ourbloodykisses
love the car man, and the progress. nice to see that you actually wrench the car yourself too.

ourbloodykisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #20
Asif22
Tri-State Addict

Member #5682

My Ride:
2008 Honda S2000 CR

Send a message via AIM to Asif22
Ohh ok cool man. Yeah I want to make this just an overall good performer. I don't want a 1/4 mile or a roll race monster because I don't street race lol. I would like to enjoy my car because its new I don't want to grenade parts hahaha...I like the blower idea, so no problems overall huh? Thats pretty cool. Yeah I'm from Philly right outside of Bucks County. Where are your meets?

Also where did you get your blower? I was thinking of taking the plunge this spring