TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 10-25-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
jrl1018
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7362

My Ride:
93 Honda Prelude VTEC

jrl1018's 1993 Honda Prelude VTEC - New Car!

Alright so here's my story. Growing up, I had always loved Honda's. I had been a huge car fanatic since I was little, but Hondas were among my favorite everyday cars. They were always reliable, fun, and held their value in my eyes. My family almost always had a Honda in the driveway, ranging from Preludes to Accords and Civics, to a CRV and an Odyssey. One of my dads best friends was a Honda mechanic. My dad had worked at a Honda dealership when I was very young. So naturally, when I was looking to buy my first car, I bought this in January 2008:

My 1994 Acura Integra LS 4 door. A great first car, but a terrible car to want to modify. I bought it myself, and paid for every expense involved with it, and I loved it. I had a minor fender-bender in it, and fixed it myself. But after two and a half years, it started to cost me more than it was worth. So, I sold it to a kid a few blocks away from me through craigslist. I went away to college with a lot of cash in my pocket, waiting for the perfect car to pop up on TST, or craigslist, or wherever.

Fast forward to October 2010. I found a car I loved. After looking at countless cars that weren't as great as advertised, or couldn't be negotiated into my price range, I found a 1993 Honda Prelude VTEC. I had always wanted something that was quick, manual transmission, sporty, and still had its original engine. My cousin, who is three months older than me, had had an auto 94 Prelude Si that I loved, but he had moved on to a 99 Prelude (which I also loved). I knew I wanted one. After having it checked out by my dad's friend, the Honda mechanic, I haggled the price a little and drove it home on October 21st. Here are the pictures that the previous owner sent me while I was looking at the car.

Mod List:

Interior / Audio
-JVC Head Unit

Exterior
-Spoon Replica Front Lip
-JDM White Honda Badges
-Color-Matched “Nostrils”
-Amber Corners
-17” No Name 5-Spoke Wheels
-Falken Tires

Engine / Performance
-NGK Spark Plug Wires
-NGK Spark Plugs
-K&N Air Filter
-Stage 1 Clutch
-Skunk2 MegaPower Exhaust
-Skunk2 Lowering Springs

Immediate plans are to get a new exhaust (the Skunk2 is a little too loud), better suspension, a fresh paint job (current paint is starting to fade), an intake, a few fresh interior pieces, and new wheels. I would also like to do a 5th gen glass moonroof conversion, and get some JDM one-piece headlights.

I'll get some good pictures up soon, hopefully this weekend. Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

-Jake

Last edited by jrl1018; 11-03-2010 at 11:23 AM.
jrl1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:32 AM   #2
DelayedZ
Tri-State Addict

Member #2999

My Ride:
2016 Scion FR-S (Halo White)

I love it! I've always had a place in my heart for preludes, haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
; 2003 SS 350Z Track (Sold)
DelayedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #3
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

nice car man, paint that valve cover! lol

*CK*
ambitiousCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
jrl1018
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7362

My Ride:
93 Honda Prelude VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelayedZ View Post
I love it! I've always had a place in my heart for preludes, haha
Haha thanks man, so have I. Especially this generation...its quick and sporty but is also really quirky and not really like anything else that Honda ever made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiousCK View Post
nice car man, paint that valve cover! lol
Yeah I plan to. I think I just want to re-do it in wrinkle black though, and maybe do the DOHC VTEC letters in red or white.
jrl1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
Import Junky
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7537

My Ride:
Evo IX SE

nice pickup. i've always like preludes.
Import Junky is offline   Reply With Quote