Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-02-2005, 09:26 PM   #41
mazda6guy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #92

Send a message via AIM to mazda6guy
Man I opened up a can of WORMS! Can we all just get along?
Old 07-02-2005, 10:01 PM   #42
FC3S4
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #370

Send a message via AIM to FC3S4
[quote="LSHatch"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC3S4
A lot of people on here know my "buddy who can't change his oil."

I didn't just quote that the motor weighed 400lbs. A website that sold rotary blocks did. So, cry to them.

I never said that an LS1 would handle better then a rotor powered rx. So, once again, stop the diareah of your mouth and putting it into mine. Thanks.

Save my dignity? Hahaha. Oh yeah, I'm really getting schooled here.

Ok so you buddy is popular, whats your point?
There is no "block" in a rotary motor, there are housings, rotors and the e shaft, and other small parts.
A website told you the motor weighed 400 lbs. It's very nice of you to give a link, or show some proof of some kind. But again as I said earlier your going off of what other people say, I'm going off of what ive seen, felt and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6guy
Man I opened up a can of WORMS! Can we all just get along?
Man I'm enjoying myself, but it seems that lshatch has his panties in a bunch.

BTW good luck with the swap
FC3S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:04 PM   #43
Freak Foot

Member #611

No no no no, you're all wrong, it is MY penis that is the biggest.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:08 PM   #44
sPrSw2o

Member #567

Send a message via AIM to sPrSw2o
your mother was a lizard, and v8 7's ARE gay.

you mother was a lizard.
sPrSw2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:23 AM   #45
LSHatch
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #260

My Ride:
G3Fizzle

Send a message via AIM to LSHatch
Quote:

There is no "block" in a rotary motor, there are housings, rotors and the e shaft, and other small parts.
A website told you the motor weighed 400 lbs. It's very nice of you to give a link, or show some proof of some kind. But again as I said earlier your going off of what other people say, I'm going off of what ive seen, felt and done.

Point is that people know what he is capable of and the he is not just some idiot. You understood completely what I meant by block, so don't try to make a smart ass comment.

I could give a link, but that means having to go back, look for it, copy it, and then recopy it here. Way too much work for me.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I could care less about this thread. I'm just keeping it going. We both have only posted opinions either way. I like the V8 swap, you don't. You posted why you don't and I posted why I do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
LSHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 08:11 PM   #46
moorefire
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #241

My Ride:
MS13 - V35

Send a message via AIM to moorefire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sPrSw2o
i find it hard to believe that this extreme change in weight distr. and center of gravity can be "easily" counteracted. suspension mods are avialable regardless of whether its still got a rotary or not. this means that the v8 rx7 will always be the inferior handling vehicle. tons of companies have spent tons of money into finding good rates, ride heights, swaybar stiffness, etc... for a rotary powered rx7. how many companies have done real test + tuning for an ls1 equipped rx7?
Yea I guess since no one has made an LS1 RX7 susp setup then it must not be possible

Quote:
your modifying the cars suspension to try to return it to the handling capability to that of a stock rx7. this must be done b4 the car makes any step forward in the handling area. IMO, this is gay.
No one gives a **** about your narrow minded opinion. Keep it to yourself nex time you feel like craping on someones goals for thier project.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:52 PM   #47
sPrSw2o

Member #567

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorefire
Quote:
i find it hard to believe that this extreme change in weight distr. and center of gravity can be "easily" counteracted. suspension mods are avialable regardless of whether its still got a rotary or not. this means that the v8 rx7 will always be the inferior handling vehicle. tons of companies have spent tons of money into finding good rates, ride heights, swaybar stiffness, etc... for a rotary powered rx7. how many companies have done real test + tuning for an ls1 equipped rx7?
Yea I guess since no one has made an LS1 RX7 susp setup then it must not be possible

Quote:
your modifying the cars suspension to try to return it to the handling capability to that of a stock rx7. this must be done b4 the car makes any step forward in the handling area. IMO, this is gay.
No one gives a *no cursing!* about your narrow minded opinion. Keep it to yourself nex time you feel like craping on someones goals for thier project.
hey d0uchebag. this thread was started asking for opinions. unless you have something worth contributing to this thread, dont waste the bandwidth w/ your pitiful attempt at bashing me.

i never said a proper suspension couldnt be made. i said that engineers/companies have spent big money finding what works w/ an rx7. if someone (not a company. just an everyday someone) wanted to be as effective as possible w/ there supsension for a v8 7, it would be nearly impossible to do SERIOUS testing. for example, having springs made w/ custom rates isnt cheap, so test and tuning this way is sorta out of the question.

you mother was a lizard.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:14 PM   #48
FC3S4

Member #370

Send a message via AIM to FC3S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSHatch
Quote:

Point is that people know what he is capable of and the he is not just some idiot. You understood completely what I meant by block, so don't try to make a smart ass comment.

I could give a link, but that means having to go back, look for it, copy it, and then recopy it here. Way too much work for me.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I could care less about this thread. I'm just keeping it going. We both have only posted opinions either way. I like the V8 swap, you don't. You posted why you don't and I posted why I do.
You should have stated your point earlier, "not just say I have a buddy who did the swap and people here are friends with him"

I'm sorry your too lazy to put up a link, and show any kind of proof of what you said.

Obviously you care enough about this thread to keep it going.

You posted your opinoins, and then I shot them down and posted my own opinions which are still standing. haha

And about ot caring about this thread, I stated a long time ago I could care less what the original poster does with his car. He asked for opinions and I posted my opinions and dispelled the opinions like yours based on myths.
FC3S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 02:00 AM   #49
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:
'05 Toyota Corolla LE, '08 Pontiac G6 GT

Send a message via AIM to wonner Send a message via MSN to wonner
Quote:
Read above statement. A stock t2 hood is fiberglass. So good luck shaving the weight down there. Taking out all unnecessary parts, that would include the ls1, that would shave alot of weight off.
I hate to be a prick here, but stock T2's came with either steel or aluminum hoods. But being a fellow FC owner, I love the rotary engine. I think Mazda put it in there for a reason. And people think rotaries are unreliable because they sometimes aren't properly maintained. Rotary engines require specific care and maintenance. With the proper care, a rotary can last just as long as a piston engine.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:10 AM   #50
LSHatch
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #260

My Ride:
G3Fizzle

Quote:

You should have stated your point earlier, "not just say I have a buddy who did the swap and people here are friends with him"

I'm sorry your too lazy to put up a link, and show any kind of proof of what you said.

Obviously you care enough about this thread to keep it going.

You posted your opinoins, and then I shot them down and posted my own opinions which are still standing. haha

And about ot caring about this thread, I stated a long time ago I could care less what the original poster does with his car. He asked for opinions and I posted my opinions and dispelled the opinions like yours based on myths.
I don't need to justify myself to some kids on the internet. I don't care, it doesn't effect my life whatsoever.

I don't care about this thread. I keep it going, that doesn't mean I give two ****s about it. Unlike "Mr. let me make personal attacks at people over the internet." I'm not getting butt hurt over this like some of you.

Yes, your opinions are standing, while mine are also.

My opinions based on myth? Hahahahha. I guess so.

Quote:
I hate to be a prick here, but stock T2's came with either steel or aluminum hoods.
Hahahahahhahahahaahahahahahah!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:42 AM   #51
FeeJ
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #575

Send a message via AIM to FeeJ
weren't all T2 hoods AL?? maybe i was misinformed there
N/A hoods could be either steel or AL though pending on model or whatever.

funny how talking about engineering changes in the FC, I was replacing my calipers and upgrading to some SS lines yesterday and talking about putting in the DTSS eliminators, and that started a nice big discussion about changing the engineers initial plans and whatnot, but the DTSS mod is a fairly common one that really does throw a whole lot of engineering to waste.
It was a good thing I could laugh about it as a mechanical engineer too, that some stupid schmuck can take this hardcore complex tri-axial floating hub I could design and make it go to waste with a $40 bushing lol

Whenever you modify a car you are basically changing a lot that the original engineers set it as, so if anyone complains about that on this board you seem confused, but yeah im done sharing my story, I'm just happy I finally worked on my dying brakes and did some upgrade to my car lol

2Lt USAF 62E1G
Edwards AFB, leaving the jughandles
FeeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:20 AM   #52
sPrSw2o

Member #567

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonner
I hate to be a prick here, but stock T2's came with either steel or aluminum hoods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeJ
weren't all T2 hoods AL?? maybe i was misinformed there.
wrong. tII hoods are fiberglass. have you two ever seen/lifted one in person? ^these statements are reasons why ppl get flamed so often on the internet. misinforming others.....

Quote:
Quote:
you wonder why you get so much crap from ppl. your so easily misinformed by ppl.

Quote:
But being a fellow FC owner, I love the rotary engine. I think Mazda put it in there for a reason. And people think rotaries are unreliable because they sometimes aren't properly maintained. Rotary engines require specific care and maintenance. With the proper care, a rotary can last just as long as a piston engine.
hate to be a prick, but this is wrong too. rotary engines are great. they havent proven to be unreliable when properly maintained. they simply dont live as long as piston engines. you show me one 13bt that lasted 200k miles, and ill show you thirty turbo 4cyl's that have done the same.

you mother was a lizard.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:28 AM   #53
LSHatch
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #260

My Ride:
G3Fizzle

Quote:

you wonder why you get so much crap from ppl. your so easily misinformed by ppl.

No, and no. But, thanks for playing.

Old 07-04-2005, 10:42 AM   #54
LSHatch
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #260

My Ride:
G3Fizzle

Oh, and a 13b weighs almost 300lbs without trans.

http://lancaironline.net/Lists/flyro...sage/3548.html

So, you would stop crying that I am not posting fact. Where I still have yet to see either of you have any backup to your claims.

Thanks.

Old 07-04-2005, 12:09 PM   #55
FeeJ
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #575

Send a message via AIM to FeeJ
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
weren't all T2 hoods AL?? maybe i was misinformed there.
wrong. tII hoods are fiberglass. have you two ever seen/lifted one in person? ^these statements are reasons why ppl get flamed so often on the internet. misinforming others.....

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
But being a fellow FC owner, I love the rotary engine. I think Mazda put it in there for a reason. And people think rotaries are unreliable because they sometimes aren't properly maintained. Rotary engines require specific care and maintenance. With the proper care, a rotary can last just as long as a piston engine.
hate to be a prick, but this is wrong too. rotary engines are great. they havent proven to be unreliable when properly maintained. they simply dont live as long as piston engines. you show me one 13bt that lasted 200k miles, and ill show you thirty turbo 4cyl's that have done the same.
stock hoods are not fiberglass, not on any RX-7, definitly not any FC, yes I have seen stock T2 hoods, theyre light because theyre AL, I'm not positive if all are, but pretty sure they were, along with the 'vert's also. Even some N/A FC's came with AL hoods
The only way you're getting a fiberglass hood is an aftermarket piece

I agree with you that the rotary is not unreliable, that it just takes different maintenance than a piston, but it is very easy to find 30 more turbo 4's that lasted as long as a 13BT because there have been that many more produced, so a better show would be percentages of 13BT's that have lasted as a portion of all 13BT's produced and the same for turbo 4's

So longevity and reliability of ANY motor comes simply down to maintenance and care of the motor

and as an MR2 owner what gives you this expertise in mazda's??
you just seem to be putting down every idea put out there because you don't like them, if the original thread writer wanted to here that "V8 RX-7's are GAY" he wouldve went to a trailer park and asked some redneck their opinion.
He was coming here looking for some constructive criticism; you know help, suggestions, tips, not having him and his car's sexuality questioned when he wants to build a one-off unique car that will earn some respect once its finished if he does it well

you're too bull-headed and stubborn to just let it go already, so I'll be waiting for your return flame, but stfu with calling everyone douchebags and morons because they dont share your perspective.

back to a constructive thread....
any updates on the swap yet?? or still waiting for the motor and tranny to come around?

2Lt USAF 62E1G
Edwards AFB, leaving the jughandles
FeeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 02:21 PM   #56
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:

Quote:

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.ph...=aluminum+hood
Wrong. Try doing a little research before you claim that I am misinforming people.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:24 PM   #57
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:

Quote:

stock hoods are not fiberglass, not on any RX-7, definitly not any FC, yes I have seen stock T2 hoods, theyre light because theyre AL, I'm not positive if all are, but pretty sure they were, along with the 'vert's also. Even some N/A FC's came with AL hoods

I agree with you that the rotary is not unreliable, that it just takes different maintenance than a piston, but it is very easy to find 30 more turbo 4's that lasted as long as a 13BT because there have been that many more produced, so a better show would be percentages of 13BT's that have lasted as a portion of all 13BT's produced and the same for turbo 4's

So longevity and reliability of ANY motor comes simply down to maintenance and care of the motor

you just seem to be putting down every idea put out there because you don't like them, if the original thread writer wanted to here that "V8 RX-7's are GAY" he wouldve went to a trailer park and asked some redneck their opinion.
He was coming here looking for some constructive criticism; you know help, suggestions, tips, not having him and his car's sexuality questioned when he wants to build a one-off unique car that will earn some respect once its finished if he does it well

you're too bull-headed and stubborn to just let it go already, so I'll be waiting for your return flame, but stfu with calling everyone *no cursing!* and morons because they dont share your perspective.

any updates on the swap yet?? or still waiting for the motor and tranny to come around?
Amen, brother
Old 07-04-2005, 04:58 PM   #58
sPrSw2o

Member #567

Quote:

you're too bull-headed and stubborn to just let it go already, so I'll be waiting for your return flame, but stfu with calling everyone *no cursing!* and morons because they dont share your perspective.

try doing what i did. go outside and knock on the hood of the 10th anniversary sitting in the driveway. tell me if it sounds like metal. if T2 hoods are aluminum, my bad. learn something new everyday.

i have no expertise in rx7's. i never claimed that. however, i have done minor work on FC's and lots of research since i got my license. im not too bullheaded to admit to any advantages of a v8 or a rotary in a seven. the only person that actually posted real advantages was freak foot. i did not try shooting down any of his ideas, b/c he backed them up and made valid points. NO ONE ELSE IN THIS THREAD stated any other advantages. they all tried SHOOTING DOWN what I said. for example, i said poor handling; they said suspension upgrades; i said how much testing and guessing it would take for a proven setup. the only ideas i put down were ones that were wrong, like a 13bt weighing 400lbs, etc... ls1 rx7's used to be unique one-offs. now arent there kits?

i came and gave my opinion first:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprsw2o
v8 rx7's are GAY
i then backed it up w/ a reason:

Quote:
rx7's were not designed for straight line performance. pulling the rotary and throwing in an anchor takes from the designs of the car, therefore ruining the car. this makes it GAY.
he didnt ask for constructive criticism, merely opinions. ppl got offended all the opinions werent "sweet" or "awesome".

and about the rotary reliability thing: reliability and longevity/lifespan are two completely different things. reliability is defenately in direct relation to upkeep and maintenance. longevity is not. it can be a reliable motor, but its life expentancy is short. to make a more even number of turbo 4's vs. turbo rotaries (for the sake of our comparison), do some research on average life span of a 3sgte and compare it to the average life span of a 13bt/13brew. it still shows the much shorter life of the rotary.

you mother was a lizard.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:15 PM   #59
mazda6guy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #92

Send a message via AIM to mazda6guy
Here is an update on the project. I am in the process of rebuilding the GM 700R4 tranny. I am just waiting on Summit to send the rebuild kit. It should be here tommorrow. I am also going with a brand new 350 motor from Summit so reliability will not be an issue for me.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:12 AM   #60
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:
88 RX7 TII, 2012 WRX hatch

Send a message via AIM to Silverfc88
I'm not even going to get into this thread.

All I have to say is a driven 7 is better than a broken 7 even if it has a V8 in it.

It up to a person what they want to do with there car.

Good luck on your rebuild.
Streetport 13bt, Haltech Sprint RE, FIC 1150cc + Delphi 1000cc injectors, Walbro 255, Borg Warner s360 .88, HKS mani, JGS 50mm, Greddy FMIC, HKS Twin Power, AEM water/meth inj
Silverfc88 is offline   Reply With Quote