TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
Jeffros Spec V
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #263

Send a message via AIM to Jeffros Spec V
I know TST loves COP MOVIES so here is another debatable one..

Discusss.

http://www.break.com/index/dude-taze...ng-ticket.html
Jeffros Spec V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #2
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #303

The driver is an idiot. He should have just signed the ticket instead of holding court on the side of the road.

The driver exited the car and was acting like a fool, pointing and yelling. When the officer pulled the tazer out the driver tried to walk back to his car. At that point the officer did not know if he was going to get a gun or other weapon. The driver was not listening to the officers commands, so he got what he deserved.

His wife is also lucky she didn't get tazed or a gun drawn on her for hopping out of the car when she was not told.

In the end this dip**** will probably get some money out of this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"The Corvette took nearly 25 years to sell 500,000 units; the Z does it in fewer than 10."
cburwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
Uberu
Tri-State Addict

Member #2064

My Ride:
2006 Impreza 2.5i

The cop told him to get out of the car. The cop is the asshole, all the guy wanted to know what he did to get pulled over then to get arrested. There are so many cops out there who are stupid douchebags

Ha, is this possible, "And that's besides the fact that I'm lactose and tolerent lol..." -Willdue

Wow
Uberu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
importpower99
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5620

My Ride:
2012 Xterra Pro 4X

ummmmm....The cop looked a little "taze happy". I don't understand why the cop tells him to put his hands on the hood and then pulls out his tazer at the same time.
The cop also turns his back when walking to the crusier, WTF? I have never seen that before! When ever I been asked to step out of the car, the cop walks behind me and never turns his back to me.
But the guy didn't follow any of the police officer's instuctions, so tazeing him would be justified.
importpower99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
Jeffros Spec V
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #263

The guy didn't sign anything because he wasn't admitting guilt. He clearly stated he thought he wasn't speeding and wanted to know how fast the cop saw him going. The cop refused to answer. Then the cop told him to get out of the car for really no apparent reason at all. Actually he told him to get out of the car cause he was going to arrest the guy for not signing a ticket.

I agree the wife is dumb for getting out of the car and she deserved to get tazed.

Also the cop never told the guy why he was getting arrested and didn't read him his rights.

When the other cop arrived he said "Oh he just took a little ride with the tazer." like it was a fun joke. Also the cop explination to the second cop clearly wasnt what actually happened.

EDIT: Who called the second cop? I think it was the wife. This cop should have called for back up as soon as the guy didn't sign the ticket.

Last edited by Jeffros Spec V; 11-24-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMsubI View Post
The cop told him to get out of the car. The cop is the asshole, all the guy wanted to know what he did to get pulled over then to get arrested. There are so many cops out there who are stupid douchebags
Ahhh, the officer told him what he was being pulled over for (speeding). The driver wanted to argue about where the first sign was indicating the change in speed limit. The officer telling him to get out of the car does not give the griver the right to disobey the officers commands.

You are quick to call the officer an asshole, but what would have happened if the driver just signed the ticket and fought it in court? You wouldn't be watching this video. IMO the actions of the officer were a direct result of the way the driver acted.

-

"The Corvette took nearly 25 years to sell 500,000 units; the Z does it in fewer than 10."
Old 11-24-2007, 02:21 PM   #7
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffros Spec V View Post
The guy didn't sign anything because he wasn't admitting guilt.
That's the one thing I have not been able to find. In Utah, is signing the ticket an admission of guilt? I know in most states signing the ticket simply states that you agree to pay the fine or appear in court.

-

Old 11-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #8
Jeffros Spec V
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburwell View Post
Ahhh, the officer told him what he was being pulled over for (speeding). The driver wanted to argue about where the first sign was indicating the change in speed limit. The officer telling him to get out of the car does not give the driver the right to disobey the officers commands.

You are quick to call the officer an asshole, but what would have happened if the driver just signed the ticket and fought it in court? You wouldn't be watching this video. IMO the actions of the officer were a direct result of the way the driver acted.

I'm not going to really argue what about who's fault it was and I understand the cops have a very difficult job but I do think its dumb that once you ask a cop a question they get completely flustered and think you are trying to avoid something and your being aggressive towards them. Cops are humans to, their first opinion/instinct aren't always correct.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:27 PM   #9
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffros Spec V View Post
I'm not going to really argue what about who's fault it was and I understand the cops have a very difficult job but I do think its dumb that once you ask a cop a question they get completely flustered and think you are trying to avoid something and your being aggressive towards them. Cops are humans to, their first opinion/instinct aren't always correct.
I see what you are saying. I just think it would have ended a lot better for this guy (the driver) if he kept his mouth shut and fought the ticket in court with the proper evidence.

-

Old 11-24-2007, 02:27 PM   #10
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
signing a ticket does not admit guilt. thats why there is a place on the ticket to plead guilty or not guilty so you can have your day in court if you so choose.

EDIT: someone beat me to it. im going to try and find something on the ticket signing issue.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #11
importpower99
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5620

My Ride:
2012 Xterra Pro 4X

Quote:
That's the one thing I have not been able to find. In Utah, is signing the ticket an admission of guilt? I know in most states signing the ticket simply states that you agree to pay the fine or appear in court.
When you sign it, doesn't it just mean that you recieved the ticket? (not admitting guilt or innocence)
importpower99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:35 PM   #12
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by importpower99 View Post
When you sign it, doesn't it just mean that you recieved the ticket? (not admitting guilt or innocence)
That's what I thought. I don't now if it is different in Utah. Like 97TurboDSM said, you usually plead guilty or innocent when you mail the ticket.

-

Old 11-24-2007, 02:47 PM   #13
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
The guy got what he deserved. He was being an arrogant dick.

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #14
Uberu
Tri-State Addict

Member #2064

My Ride:
2006 Impreza 2.5i

Surprisingly everybody has supported their views with strong arguments which is a first on TST. However, i don't think anybody here could say they wouldn't be pissed if they got arrested from an unknown reason.

The girlfriend was being stupid and should have gotten tasered instead. It also ashame that the other cop was joking about it.

Ha, is this possible, "And that's besides the fact that I'm lactose and tolerent lol..." -Willdue

Wow
Uberu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:18 PM   #15
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #303

Hopefully most people on here would have read Sarge's tips in the Law section. Those tips alone should keep everyone out of a situation like this. If the driver in this case followed a few of Sarge's rules (Be polite and don't hold court on the side of the road) then I think the situation would have had a much different outcome. Just my opinion.

-

Old 11-24-2007, 04:38 PM   #16
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
Quote:
Hopefully most people on here would have read Sarge's tips in the Law section. Those tips alone should keep everyone out of a situation like this. If the driver in this case followed a few of Sarge's rules (Be polite and don't hold court on the side of the road) then I think the situation would have had a much different outcome. Just my opinion.
bingo
Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:49 PM   #17
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:
2007 Infiniti G35x, 2008 MB SLK55 AMG

Send a message via AIM to WhiteXFire
http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77041

2004 Chrysler Crossfire - Gone
2007 Infiniti G35x Sedan -

2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG -
WhiteXFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #18
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Send a message via AIM to drew
he wasn't tazed for not signing the ticket, he was tazed because after being told he was under arrest he tried to talk back to his car

the officer was calm, this guy was just being a douche. if you want to argue the ticket that's fine but on the side of the highway isn't the place to do it

drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:15 PM   #19
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

how many times are we going to have threads started to try to make the police look like bad people?

Threads like these are basically being put out their as flame bait...

People will always disagree about police and how they handle situations because they are put on a pedestal and put in a position of power over the general public. Humans are animals, and most animals prefer the position of power; they prefer to be the alpha.

Police are as human as the rest of us, except the badge makes them the alpha. And those in the position alpha prefer to stay there and do not take lightly any challenge of that fact. And whether you like it or not, they are the alpha when you're getting pulled over and written up.

Deal with it, be respectful as any beta would be. Do not challenge the alpha and you will, usually, be fine.

And can we stop these lame ass threads?
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:18 PM   #20
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
how many times are we going to have threads started to try to make the police look like bad people?

Threads like these are basically being put out their as flame bait...

People will always disagree about police and how they handle situations because they are put on a pedestal and put in a position of power over the general public. Humans are animals, and most animals prefer the position of power; they prefer to be the alpha.

Police are as human as the rest of us, except the badge makes them the alpha. And those in the position alpha prefer to stay there and do not take lightly any challenge of that fact. And whether you like it or not, they are the alpha when you're getting pulled over and written up.

Deal with it, be respectful as any beta would be. Do not challenge the alpha and you will, usually, be fine.

And can we stop these lame ass threads?
You make a valid point, but so far this thread has had a decent discussion going.

-