TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
J.Ralli
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4202

My Ride:
Just a Lancer and a Civic

Send a message via AIM to J.Ralli Send a message via Yahoo to J.Ralli
So I just went to test drive the EVO X...

Victory Mitsubishi just got them in today and since everyone in parts/services and a couple sales guys know me well, i got the first call. Of course I drop everything and head to the dealership. When I got there, I get informed that I need a credit check before I can drive it, thats fine because I have good credit but I didnt have the time to fill the paperwork. So im looking at the car in the lot before the pull it into the garage and my sales guy Brian was talking to me about the price, of course he got yelled at because he was telling me the "actual cost" rather than the insane mark up by the dealership. Then they pulled it into the garage and im in there as well. The service manager knows me and he doesnt mind me in the garage at all. Here, some other sales associate saw me go in there and manages to tell someone so I get kicked out of there. Then the sales guy was explaining how they dont want kids coming in here with no money just to drive for ****s and giggles, I just looked at him and said "yea thats why I came to see if I wanted to trade in my EVO for another one... cause im here for ****s and giggles.." With that I just left and told Brian he can tell his boss how I enjoyed being treated like **** as a potential customer.

Quote:
CleanNeon98 is the kind of guy that wold sit in the corner crying if the world would ever be ending and he would want someone like J.Ralli to bring him a razor.
J.Ralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

thats weak man...
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #3
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi Limited, 1969 Z/28 Camaro

jome you coud at least post it in the right section. that psu-delco education is really paying off.

The evo looks pretty sweet.. I'm getting used to it.
doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
J.Ralli
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4202

My Ride:

this is an irate rant lol
Quote:
CleanNeon98 is the kind of guy that wold sit in the corner crying if the world would ever be ending and he would want someone like J.Ralli to bring him a razor.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #5
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

a terrible one at that... it didnt sound very ranty. you need advice on that from dylan.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
J.Ralli
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4202

My Ride:

i tried to be calm? i donno... go blow your dad!
Quote:
Old 02-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #7
~Brian~
Tri-State Addict

Member #1019

My Ride:
2014 Honda Accord V6, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2018 Yamaha R1

Thats pretty ****ty dude. **** those guys man, seriously. Go buy the car somewhere else then take it to them just to rub it in their faces.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #8
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:
2008 Evo X GSR, 2002 Honda CRV

Send a message via AIM to 05Accent
yea i got to sit in the new evo yesterday.. i didnt bother asking to test drive one, bc the managers were all over like bees, on them..
With MIVEC Turbo
Daily-2002 Honda Crv Cruisin'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
With Vtec
Quote:
Yea Junior you suck. Everyone boo this man!
Quote:
obviously you have an 05 accent and your picture is just your dream car.
05Accent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:13 PM   #9
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ralli View Post
i tried to be calm? i donno... go blow your dad!

go **** a goat.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:13 PM   #10
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Accent View Post
yea i got to sit in the new evo yesterday.. i didnt bother asking to test drive one, bc the managers were all over like bees, on them..
dambrosio has one?
Old 02-14-2008, 02:16 PM   #11
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Did you get a call because you were intrested in buying it or because you knew some people that worked there and they thought you would like to see it. Because I mean no offense but unless you were really willing to sign some papers and walk out with it the sales guy was right.

You have to see the opposite perspective there, everyday 10 or 20 "Pottential customers" are going to come in and want to take it for a spin. From a sales point of view the car is getting beat and out of those 10-20 maybe 8 have the means to buy it and maybe 1 or 2 would be willing to if they liked the drive. It sucks to be young but as an example my father worked at a Subaru dealership when the STI came out, they sold 5 before someone under 30 came in and drove one out.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #12
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
dambrosio has one?
they have 5.. two red. one greay.. one blue, and a white.. (the white one is going in the show room)
With MIVEC Turbo
With Vtec
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #13
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Accent View Post
they have 5.. two red. one greay.. one blue, and a white.. (the white one is going in the show room)
maybe ill have to swing by with dustin tonite.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #14
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:

yea.. i took a few pic. i forgot my camera when i was sittin in it.. oh yea and there 5 spd GSR's the MRs are commin i heard in late march i belive.
With MIVEC Turbo
With Vtec
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-14-2008, 02:23 PM   #15
J.Ralli
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4202

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender81 View Post
Did you get a call because you were intrested in buying it or because you knew some people that worked there and they thought you would like to see it. Because I mean no offense but unless you were really willing to sign some papers and walk out with it the sales guy was right.

You have to see the opposite perspective there, everyday 10 or 20 "Pottential customers" are going to come in and want to take it for a spin. From a sales point of view the car is getting beat and out of those 10-20 maybe 8 have the means to buy it and maybe 1 or 2 would be willing to if they liked the drive. It sucks to be young but as an example my father worked at a Subaru dealership when the STI came out, they sold 5 before someone under 30 came in and drove one out.
half of the dealership knows that im really thinking about trading in.... i really dont know what to do....
Quote:
Old 02-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #16
J.Ralli
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4202

My Ride:

Quote:
go **** a goat.
go sodomize a quadrapeligic circus midget...
Quote:
Old 02-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #17
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
go **** a goat.
leave me the hell out of this...

anyway...

I guess I should bring a couple pay stubs with me if I want to test drive one. I'm liking the new Evo more than the old ones... its a lot less "jap-boy racer" looking now.
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #18
lagos
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #989

My Ride:
Toyota Celica GT-Two

I have to admit, it looks really good in that gray/silver color. Much better then the maroon red they have been showing off.
Whats the sticker price on them?

The accelerator on my toyota has always been stuck to the floor..
lagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #19
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ralli View Post
half of the dealership knows that im really thinking about trading in.... i really dont know what to do....
I would call and ask to speak to the general manager then. Tell him that you were in, what you were there for, how you were treated etc...
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #20
Keeper1343
Tri-State Addict

Member #5714

My Ride:
99 Honda Prelude... get some.

Send a message via AIM to Keeper1343 Send a message via Yahoo to Keeper1343
i hate these cars. I like the other style. I think the whole car looks horrible. just my opinion though
Keeper1343 is offline   Reply With Quote