TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #21
tuningvelocity
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20166

My Ride:
2011 Chevy Camaro, 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 Rally Car

Send a message via AIM to tuningvelocity Send a message via Yahoo to tuningvelocity
Thanks for the people who gave me helpful info. Oh btw it's not for my Camaro it's for my race car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

tuningvelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #22
rocknrace03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17593

My Ride:
WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuningvelocity View Post
Thanks for the people who gave me helpful info. Oh btw it's not for my Camaro it's for my race car.
that will look cool. just keep in mind that the matte black get really dirty real quick. we did a 70 mach 1 mustang and when we painted the shaker hood it was really easy to finger print it up and make it look like poo i would look into doing regular black base/clear and have them put flattening agent in the clear. it "fogs it up" if you will. will probably hold up better hide things better.
rocknrace03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:19 AM   #23
AllMotor
Tri-State Aficionado
Banned

Member #22612

My Ride:
all leather pc chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuningvelocity View Post

Since you mentioned its for a race car, I would seriously consider the 50.00 paint job using Rustoleum and wet sanding afterwords. Which will give you the desired look that you're looking for and not breaking the wallet. GL
~Anthony.
AllMotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #24
dugganzx3
Tri-State Addict

Member #17852

My Ride:
has leather and T-tops.

Paint is up even more due to oil going up, I got a quote for repainting my car in the factory black, and not touching the door jambs, under the hood, etc. It was going to be around $1,500 to $2,100 for a quality job last summer, I'm sure cost will be up . I would say to pick up an issue of Car Craft with a DIY paint section, they often feature something like this, and do it yourself since it's just a matte finish on a race car (something that will get scratched/dinged/etc). I would imagine a decent matte paint job, without color changing the door jambs/etc will be around 1k.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #25
DaBombDiggidy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10372

My Ride:
2004 SRT

now back to my dumb idea of using plasti dip...

i used it on my beater truck which was horribly faded and it actually came out really good. the hood/roof/tailgate could be alot better but i was lazy and rushing when doing those. it cost me 60 bucks to do it and this stuff works 10000x easier then any spray paint. ive had it on for 6+ months now and even had someone hit me. the black peeled off so i knocked out the ding and literally sprayed over it and cant tell the difference. (this picture was taken after someone backed into my driverside door and i fixed/sprayed it)

**** is like liquid duct tape.

Quote:
-car guy to car guy "Biggest let down ever... its rear wheel drive but barely pushing 200 hp..."
-comment from non car enthusiast "I didn't know you could even be let down by a Scion....."
DaBombDiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote