TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

can't enter certain symbols in posts - $#%, etc.

I hate to start an entire thread for it, but I see no other area for minor problems. In one particular post I was trying to write '95 percent' and when I would hit submit, it would change the percentage symbol to look like this - 95% - . I also tried in other posts to enter other symbols, like # $ & @ and it did almost the same thing.

I have tried this from 3 separate computers here at work, and also my home computer last night. Maybe my account just has GonoSyphiHerpAIDS or something... I have no idea. Here's the most recent attempt (post #2):

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...51#post1797651

Again, I hate to start a whole thread, this is kind of lame, but maybe it's a small problem that would lead to larger ones?

Last edited by DC2.2GSR; 08-16-2010 at 08:49 AM.
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

^ I saw that. I just figured it was your first time using a keyboard.

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
twastheglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
95% does it work for me...?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

oh weird... are there other combos that show up strangely? please write out anything else you've found as well.

testing...

22%

5%

234%

34%

ab%

22#

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 08-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

noticed this the other day on two different computers as well

/
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
Protege v2.5
Tri-State Addict

Member #7303

My Ride:
2016 Mazda 6

Could it be browser related?
Protege v2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

i was thinking that, since i use Firefox and it has been finicky lately, but the other computers here at work only have Internet Explorer installed. I also tried opening IE here on my main computer and editing my post and it still does the " 95% "
Old 08-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #8
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:
'98 240sx, 98 Impreza L, 00 SV650

Send a message via AIM to 420sx
Im getting the same thing. Vbulletin has the chylmidaghonocyphaherpilaids.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #9
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

yeah, it does it on firefox, IE and google chrome.

/
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #10
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

And on safari too.

Iphone test: 95%

%

234%

|

Quote:

|
Old 08-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #11
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Oh man if you try to google it it's a tarp! If you put in the string % it says no results found for (the symbol for percent).

|

Quote:

|
Old 08-21-2010, 12:50 AM   #12
Turbo_CitrusEs
Tri-State Addict

Member #660

Send a message via AIM to Turbo_CitrusEs
so is their a fix for this yet?? It keeps changing my percentage into %
But like a fat bitch that is going out with her fist pumping girlfriends, she's going to take a long drink from a bottle filled with denial and try to squeeze in a size 6 when she's really a 16 and act like she's the baddest bitch on the block. So believe what you want Jersey peeps. Cause when you leave your state and people ask you where you are from, we all know you want to lie cause secretly you are embarrassed by how much it sucks.

Last edited by Turbo_CitrusEs; 08-21-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Turbo_CitrusEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #13
morla
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16045

My Ride:
'06 Evo SE, '99 Integra, '97 Q45

This is annoying 100% of the time. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

by the way Safari is a negatory on working
morla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #14
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

So it's just displaying the HTML number instead of the actual symbol... hrm
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #15
OverBoostedEvo
Tri-State Addict

Member #8083

My Ride:
05 Evo, 04 Evo, 03 Silverado, 00 s10, 92 awd tsi, 91 Gst

Send a message via AIM to OverBoostedEvo
can't enter certain symbols in posts - $#%, etc.

I see the % 'percent' sign fine on my iphone
Old 08-24-2010, 01:20 AM   #16
Turbo_CitrusEs
Tri-State Addict

Member #660

Send a message via AIM to Turbo_CitrusEs
So not to be pushy or anything, but is this gonna get fixed anytime soon??
But like a fat bitch that is going out with her fist pumping girlfriends, she's going to take a long drink from a bottle filled with denial and try to squeeze in a size 6 when she's really a 16 and act like she's the baddest bitch on the block. So believe what you want Jersey peeps. Cause when you leave your state and people ask you where you are from, we all know you want to lie cause secretly you are embarrassed by how much it sucks.
Turbo_CitrusEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:39 AM   #17
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

A way around it is instead of posting using 'quick reply' instead click 'go advanced' and post from there... thats all the new info I have.

This issue has been brought up to vBulletin and they have not found a fix for it, so nope, unfortunately I can't tell you when this will be resolved.

|

Quote:

|
Old 11-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #18
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

I just wanted to update to let everyone know that we finally fixed this issue. Feels great to take care of one of the 'annoying little rattles' of the site

|

Quote:

|
Old 11-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #19
jesse096
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17203

My Ride:
2002 Chevy Silverado, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6 speed

So now it'll work 100% of the time?

-Jesse

EDIT: YES IT WORKED!
a ****ing space ship. next level transportation maneuver. **** 4 wheels son, im airborne.
Quote:
So, chinese food sprinkled with crack.... does that make you hungrier quicker bc you'll be tweaking from crack sprinkles? lol.
jesse096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #20
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:
2007 SRT8 Jeep / 2013 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse096 View Post
So now it'll work 100% of the time?

-Jesse

EDIT: YES IT WORKED!
lol. I was waiting for someone to post this haha.
05GT is offline   Reply With Quote