TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Exterior, Interior, and Electrical
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #41
R22B
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5854

My Ride:
88 Merkur XR4Ti | 92 Mazda MX3 | 98 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer | 91 Ford Ranger89 | 89 Yamaha FZR600

Send a message via ICQ to R22B Send a message via AIM to R22B
Reading through this thread was like watching a marriage going through a really bad time and then having really good make-up sex.

I used to care about my paint…. But since I drive all highway miles and a box truck raped my truck, I don’t care as much anymore. I still wash it once a week and wax it once a month but other than that meh. I don’t even wash the wheels anymore.

The last time I “waxed” my car, I just grabbed some spray on wax and moved it around, let it haze and then wiped it off with the blue paper shop towels. The surprising part is that it actually worked LOL.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:55 AM   #42
ScoobyNubieToo!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #862

My Ride:
WRB 2004 WRX Wagon with 07 STI Trans and Longblock inside!

Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last nite?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ScoobyNubieToo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #43
R22B
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5854

My Ride:
88 Merkur XR4Ti | 92 Mazda MX3 | 98 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer | 91 Ford Ranger89 | 89 Yamaha FZR600

Send a message via ICQ to R22B Send a message via AIM to R22B
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyNubieToo! View Post
Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last nite?
LOL
Old 08-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #44
turboman808
Tri-State Addict

Member #5285

Dam talk about going off on someone for posting some good information.

I didn't think Oakes has ever posted as if he is the end all be all of detailing.

I use off the shelf and botique products. My main wax is mothers reflections. Can buy it at any store. Same with meguirs soap which is the only one I use.

However I cannot get good quality sheepskin at a store. I have to order them boutique. I also cannot get meguirs 107 at a store which I use on harder clearcoats.

I cannot imagine not needing a buffer on a single car. How do you pull that off? I've never seen a car that didn't need to hit up with polish and a portercable. Either my eyes are imagining those microscopic scratches or you need glasses. Hell I have never seen a car brand new off the lot that didn't need a porter cable taken to it.

I'll tell you what I will personally go down to where both guys work and tell you what they do right and wrong and how the work they did came out. You guys up for it? I will take pictures and post them for the world to see.

I don't detail for a living but it is a hobby of mine and I take it very serious.
turboman808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #45
B-ReN~FrEsH
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8586

My Ride:
2001 Volvo S40

Quote:
Originally Posted by R22B View Post
Reading through this thread was like watching a marriage going through a really bad time and then having really good make-up sex.[/I]
LOL!! great tips though!

Q: I melted my pistons because I tried to run 20 more pounds of boost without the fuel to support it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

B-ReN~FrEsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:52 AM   #46
subys0le
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #15868

someone clean my car?
subys0le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #47
delphinE30
Tri-State Addict

Member #14644

My Ride:
1987 BMW 325is

hey just read this post...regarding your 2 bucket method would it not me better to just rinse off the mitt between scrubs?? thats usually what i do. i usually use a warm water bucket with little soap (sometimes non) then rinse off the mitt. then i use an old school sheep skin? shammy to dry.
then ill throw on some mothers wax then mothers polish lol
for a daily driven car its pretty clean

delphinE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #48
delphinE30
Tri-State Addict

Member #14644

My Ride:
1987 BMW 325is

Quote:
Originally Posted by subys0le View Post
someone clean my car?
i will lol

delphinE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:14 PM
ArrestMeRedFD
This message has been deleted by Big_Jim. Reason: user spammed to get to the 30 posts.