TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Spotted!
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 10-01-2006, 10:45 PM   #1
guitar72186
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2660

My Ride:
2005 Legact GT

black spec-v in dtown

haha wow glad to see i started a war that locked a thread with alot of threats. just so everyone knows i have the turbo spec-v. its an 02 spec-v which 3 months ago was mint. then i decided to custom build my own turbo kit and the night you guys saw me i just finished the three month custom fab turbo kit, so the looks of the car were not important. i was taking it to the bank to deposit my insurance and to do a little tuning with the wideband O2 sensor. The porject is far from completed as you can see because the car still needs to be put back together. As far as the evo tubo specv war went, an evo with bolt on mods would smoke me, but that green BMW 3 series i laugh. my stock 81 bette tore those a new asshole and the spec v turbo is faster than the vette. The hood scoop was some plastic POS i pulled from a yard to keep the turbine housing from direct cold air causing cracking and will be replaced with a 69 shelby GT hood scoop. daily I only plan on runing 5lbs and when racing 7lbs to keep the QR from going through kaboomy. As far as the T3/T4 turbos which people put on the specs, theyu are way to big for low boost, I went with a mitsu big 16G for faster spool on lower boost. Although for another 2 months dont plan to see me because my license will be gone, but hey that gives me two months to put the body back on and again have a nice looking car. And the GTO race, one he launched and I didnt due to the driver being an old man and didnt expect a race. Two it was an 06 GTO with has 400hp, unlike the 04 turd GTO. But considering not tuned and the rate of which I was pulling, yea id race him again and the 3 series BMW, id like to keep my gas for a good race. And a bolt on evo, i dont want to waste my gas because the outcome would be....evo by alot. Peace

Kevin
guitar72186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #2
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

wow thats a big post... hope it works out for you.

aka i didnt read any further than the first line out of boredom.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:56 PM   #3
guitar72186
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2660

My Ride:
2005 Legact GT

haha yea well there were 4 pages of BS coming from my car, so i figured Id join the forum stand up and state what was going on from experience of my car. Nissan techs will tell you the turbo is bad even at low boost so that they can sell you their supercharger for much much more, even though with a supercharger you dont have control over going into boost as much as with a turbo set up. Also they assume you have the cat on the car with is a POS that breaks up and gets sucked back into the engine scoring the cylinder walls causing burning oil and kaboom. Hence why lack of stock cat is better.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #4
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

yea....run-on sentences ftl.

for future reference ... if a thread got closed... its best not to try and resurface it with another thread.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #5
Sled
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos311clarity View Post

for future reference ... if a thread got closed... its best not to try and resurface it with another thread.
i believe hes to dumb for that.

05-28-2010 Insubordination (Second-Degree)
05-18-2010 Disrespecting Another Member
08-20-2009 Dodging Swear Filter / Inappropriate lang
01-06-2009 Non-Vendor Advertising
Sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:27 PM   #6
Sled
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar72186 View Post
haha wow glad to see i started a war that locked a thread with alot of threats. just so everyone knows i have the turbo spec-v. its an 02 spec-v which 3 months ago was mint. then i decided to custom build my own turbo kit and the night you guys saw me i just finished the three month custom fab turbo kit, so the looks of the car were not important. i was taking it to the bank to deposit my insurance and to do a little tuning with the wideband O2 sensor. The porject is far from completed as you can see because the car still needs to be put back together. As far as the evo tubo specv war went, an evo with bolt on mods would smoke me, but that green BMW 3 series i laugh. my stock 81 bette tore those a new asshole and the spec v turbo is faster than the vette. The hood scoop was some plastic POS i pulled from a yard to keep the turbine housing from direct cold air causing cracking and will be replaced with a 69 shelby GT hood scoop. daily I only plan on runing 5lbs and when racing 7lbs to keep the QR from going through kaboomy. As far as the T3/T4 turbos which people put on the specs, theyu are way to big for low boost, I went with a mitsu big 16G for faster spool on lower boost. Although for another 2 months dont plan to see me because my license will be gone, but hey that gives me two months to put the body back on and again have a nice looking car. And the GTO race, one he launched and I didnt due to the driver being an old man and didnt expect a race. Two it was an 06 GTO with has 400hp, unlike the 04 turd GTO. But considering not tuned and the rate of which I was pulling, yea id race him again and the 3 series BMW, id like to keep my gas for a good race. And a bolt on evo, i dont want to waste my gas because the outcome would be....evo by alot. Peace

Kevin
so, you think you can beat Nicks vette?? this race can be set up with a simple PM. let me know.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:30 PM   #7
ToyotaTat
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2475

My Ride:
1990 Toyota Camry

Send a message via AIM to ToyotaTat
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos311clarity View Post

'nuff said
Old 10-01-2006, 11:52 PM   #8
bigslowchevy
Tri-State Addict

Member #1335

um, your 81 vette is slow, ps your spec v is just as slow, we saw you race that gto, and it was not an 06 because he pulled through just after you raced, it was an 04 and auto, so you lost, bad. And you sir are disgracing the name Shelby with that hood scoop, so dont waste your money i understand that you wanna keep that housing cool, but dont spend too much money on something for the name, because its not worth it.
bigslowchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:03 AM   #9
guitar72186
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2660

My Ride:
2005 Legact GT

its a reproduction fibergalss hood scoop, not to expensive. i wasnt refering to nicks vette, i was refering to my former car which was an 81 vette sorry for any confusion. and no you are dead wrong. dual exhaust with dual hood scoop, an 06 know your cars because as far as i know most of the kids that meet in that parking lot in dtown dont know much as from last time i was there with my vette.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:15 AM   #10
guitar72186
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2660

My Ride:
2005 Legact GT

either way say what you want, i enjoy driving my car and am proud of what i have accomplished and still have to tune it fully and put the body back together. some cars are faster and some are not, i just like working on them.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #11
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi Limited, 1969 Z/28 Camaro

Coming from a spec-v project car.. it seems that you have no idea what you're talking about. A 16g turbo is not very efficient on a QR25DE. A T3/T4 is NOT too big for low boost at all. Full boost on a T3/T4 on the QR occurs at about 2900 RPM. Oh, and to let you know... if you run 5 psi on a T3, or 10 psi on a T3.. the boost lag is going to be the same... that goes for any turbo. You need to go on thevboard.com and look at some flow charts for the turbos, and realize that the 16g is just a very bad decision. And yes, at 5 psi you will be owned by a bolted evo. Run 10 psi, which the QR can handle with a good tune and beat it.

As for a hood scoop and cooling. First off, ugly. And a shelby hood scoop on a car that is built in mexico?! What are you, on drugs???!?!?! Cmon man, get some sense. Besides, your turbo is right in the flow of air peeking above the radiator. Just angle the back of your roof a little, and remove that rubber piece that goes across the underneath of where the windshield wipers are above the firewall, and you'll have enough air flow. No need for a fugly gay scoop. Also, buy a turbo blanket and keep the heat inside of the turbo, they're like 70 bucks on ebay. Invest in one, it will also get you out of vacuum smoother.

Quote:
haha yea well there were 4 pages of BS coming from my car, so i figured Id join the forum stand up and state what was going on from experience of my car. Nissan techs will tell you the turbo is bad even at low boost so that they can sell you their supercharger for much much more, even though with a supercharger you dont have control over going into boost as much as with a turbo set up. Also they assume you have the cat on the car with is a POS that breaks up and gets sucked back into the engine scoring the cylinder walls causing burning oil and kaboom. Hence why lack of stock cat is better.
...what supercharger? Nissan or Nismo doesn't have a supercharger for the Spec-V. The only company that does is a small company called revolution autoworks.
doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:31 PM   #12
Sled
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1475

Quote:
its a reproduction fibergalss hood scoop, not to expensive. i wasnt refering to nicks vette, i was refering to my former car which was an 81 vette sorry for any confusion. and no you are dead wrong. dual exhaust with dual hood scoop, an 06 know your cars because as far as i know most of the kids that meet in that parking lot in dtown dont know much as from last time i was there with my vette.
yeah your right. Mark, Mike, Chris, Tom, Jay, and Me all dont know a dam thing about cars. i know im leaving some others out too. we just all have faster cars than you that we pay other people to work on with the money we dont have. yeah ok dumba$$

Old 10-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #13
04 Turbo Spec
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #262

My Ride:
2012 JKU

Send a message via AIM to 04 Turbo Spec
i have a turbo spec and i beat bolted EVOs
04 Turbo Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:42 PM   #14
evomike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2578

My Ride:
03 duramax and a 04 evo

If you think you can beat bolt on evos there turbo spec come on out and to you guitar by chance were you the old vette with the trashbag front end who almost got beat up and would race none of us that's the only old vette I remember
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #15
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled View Post
yeah your right. Mark, Mike, Chris, Tom, Jay, and Me all dont know a dam thing about cars. i know im leaving some others out too. we just all have faster cars than you that we pay other people to work on with the money we dont have. yeah ok dumba$$
Obviously you don't know anything.. because it says your POS is broken in your sig :P

jk
Old 10-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #16
bigslowchevy
Tri-State Addict

Member #1335

well i remember your car and it was garbage but im not sure which is worse the vette or the sentra because both are awful. And how would you know we know nothing about cars, because we made fun of you when you drove around 4 times then reved at the stop sign, yeah and we told you your vette had 175 hp, which it did, if it was stock and by judging by that car bra you had on the front of it, i would assume it is. And if you think that your spec-v can beat us, then stop by either the genuardi's parking lot, or acme, or rita's depends which one were at and race, just a friendly race, but if and when you lose be prepared for a lot of yelling and making fun, because we are dicks, thats what we do. Just letting you know.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:32 PM   #17
bigslowchevy
Tri-State Addict

Member #1335

just in case you were wondering guitar boy, here are some specs on your super sick vette. And i stand corrected, it wasnt 175 hp, its 190, at the crank. SICK

http://www.idavette.net/facts/81.htm
Old 10-02-2006, 05:31 PM   #18
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:

a lot of talk coming from someone with 205bhp. Has potential... though.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #19
bigslowchevy
Tri-State Addict

Member #1335

true, it is a lot of talk, but i dont go rippin through a parking lot and revving at a group of kids sitting there

also i have no problem racing anytime, if i lose, i lose but im sure that there are people hanging out with me that would beat him, so why rev and then keep driving.

also, the 205 horse is under rated and many have been dynoed around 215, also a 2.0 liter, not a 5.7 liter putting out 190
Old 10-02-2006, 05:36 PM   #20
Sled
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
a lot of talk coming from someone with 205bhp. Has potential... though.
who said it was stock.

fuc this, lets throw the motor thats sitting on my floor in Marks truck and beat him in that with all of us in it!