TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 10-01-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
dturbocivic
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2384

My Ride:
XXXX HP to the tires :P

Dturbocivic's -98 integra project * Update: 4 lug out, 5 lug in ! last page

just wanted to share a recent project ive been working on. its a 1998 RS Integra (no abs/no sunroof)

i picked up the car for a decent deal, (it needed paint + assembly + interior change) so.. i brought it home, took out the fugly tan interior, stripped it down, took it over to the paint shop, where the welded the rad support on it, and sprayed the whole car championship white (inside and out). i had to build the engine for it, so i did that in the meanwhile waiting for the car to be completed @ the painters. i also had to locate a black/grey interior. i also installed a manual rack, some avid mounts, tokico 5ways with skunkcoilovers/skunk camber kit.
as of right now. im deciding what i want to do with the brake lines. the headlight harness is behind the fenders, and im thinking of putting the battery down by the front bumper. definitly need to lower it abit

here are some pics. (still waiting on handles and mirrors to be completed by the painter)

this was before i dropped the engine in it yesterday

brand new seibon hood

threw some alum lower control arms on it
stock exhuast FTW :P

the fresh rebuilt engine

no wires ! (going to ditch the oem fuel filter, for an aftermarket one, that i can hide someplace)

pass side headlight harness/fan plug

driverside headlight harness

manual rack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by dturbocivic; 04-12-2009 at 05:59 PM.
dturbocivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:12 AM   #2
dturbocivic
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2384

My Ride:

i guess this should have been placed in members journals ?

-

Old 10-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
IntegrasAreBest
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2474

I like it, specs on the motor?
IntegrasAreBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #4
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
Good work getting it done. What you have done to the motor? How long you been working on it? Where did you take it to get painted?

Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

TalonTsi97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #5
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

damn that's clean. I like.

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
Loserkidwac
Tri-State Addict

Member #2550

My Ride:
1992 Mazda Miata, 1991 Honda CRX Si LS-T, 95 Civic VX

Wow look awesome! yea what motor and whats done?

Loserkidwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:44 AM   #7
dturbocivic
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2384

My Ride:

the engine is stock junk. lol. (ls/vtec) new oem vtec oil pump/water pump, ls crank/rods, some aftermarket cast pistons with black coating on the skirts (maybe rs machine?) i dunno, but more compression than oem LS, arp rod bolts, arp headstuds. head is stock too. :-(

-

Last edited by dturbocivic; 10-02-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:46 AM   #8
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Send a message via AIM to Gorilla Unit 33
another built LSVtec pal? the car looks great! did you not want to shave the holes in the bay?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:49 AM   #9
dturbocivic
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2384

My Ride:

i didnt care to spend the time welding them all, fresh paint was good enough for me.

i wish it was a built engine. i may end up turboing this pig. NA sucks ! haha

-

Old 10-01-2008, 10:59 AM   #10
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

Wow I love it! What car did the manual rack come out of?
Honduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #11
BigWhiteTodd
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8795

My Ride:
01 camaro

Send a message via AIM to BigWhiteTodd
haha nice always building something
BigWhiteTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:27 AM   #12
dturbocivic
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2384

My Ride:

the manual rack is from a 92-95 civic

-

Old 10-01-2008, 11:34 AM   #13
Loserkidwac
Tri-State Addict

Member #2550

My Ride:
1992 Mazda Miata, 1991 Honda CRX Si LS-T, 95 Civic VX

Why did you opt for the manual steering? I did the swap in my Del Sol since I had the rack from my VX but I cut some weight out of the sol too...I imagine the teg might be a little harder because of it weighting more...but then again its only when you are at very low speeds that you notice not having ps...just curious?

Loserkidwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #14
dturbocivic
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2384

My Ride:

for the most part, i wanted to keep a clean look. i will admit, that the cars are lame at low speeds without the PS. after ya get movin, its not too unbearable
my racecar (with 28x10 ) is an absolute pita to turn (its got a manual rack + a spool in it)

-

Old 10-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #15
LevittownMonster
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8770

My Ride:
None

Thats Mad clean
LevittownMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #16
**Alex**
Tri-State Addict

Member #5581

My Ride:
2002 Mitsu Lancer OZ, 1989 Nissan 240sx

that's looking official bro. Keep it up..
**Alex** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #17
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

I have a manual rack in my 93 integra and I love it. Sure it sucks at a dead stop but you get used to it. Even if you are moving at like 2 mph it reduces the drag dramatically. This build is awesome. Looks like it will be a fun daily if you keep it relatively stock.
Honduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:09 PM   #18
dturbocivic
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2384

My Ride:

did you have to use an EF rack in your car?

-

Old 10-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #19
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Send a message via AIM to Gorilla Unit 33
hold on... i knew something was missing. What did you do with the HUGE abs unit's these cars have?
Old 10-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #20
dturbocivic
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2384

My Ride:

it is an RS body, i dont belive they had the abs ? i know if it did, that would have been the 1st thing to hit the garbage can ! haha

-