TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #1001
aeros
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #17182

My Ride:
WW Evo IX GSR & TB Evo IX MR SE

Keep the evo, I made the same mistake and ended up back into an Evo!
aeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #1002
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros View Post
Keep the evo, I made the same mistake and ended up back into an Evo!
I've wanted this model M3 since i was 19...so even if I do end up regretting it, I want to be able to say I at least had one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #1003
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest_Bob View Post
Damn Dave! baller status!
Haha, more like saving money like crazy. I take back my PSS10 plan. I'll probably rock this bastard stock other than some wheels and tires for awhile until I have enough saved to tackle any major failures of the SMG or VANOS system.

Word of advice to anyone looking to buy a used M3: GET A P.P.I. DONE.

The two independent shops cleared the car, but the BMW dealer found over $4,100 dollars in repairs.

(Of course, most are DIY jobs with cheap parts, but at $115 an hour labor it adds up).

None of the repairs are anything major. Oil leaks from bad seals on a car that is 10 years old. (oilpan gasket, rear dif seal, oil pressure valve) An airbag sensor and a bad rearview mirror. Oh a the right rear tire has a bubble in the sidewall. Everything is being replaced and fixed by the dealer I'm buying the car from. The rest of the car passed the PPI just fine and is in "great shape" according to the tech.

But yeah...get the PPI. I paid $215 for it and look at how much it saved me.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 10-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #1004
aeros
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #17182

My Ride:
WW Evo IX GSR & TB Evo IX MR SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
I've wanted this model M3 since i was 19...so even if I do end up regretting it, I want to be able to say I at least had one.
That's true. I made the same move from my evo 8. Got into an 04 E46...got rid of it only in a few months that I owned it and ended up picking up a new 9. But at least I can say I've owned a M car!
aeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #1005
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros View Post
That's true. I made the same move from my evo 8. Got into an 04 E46...got rid of it only in a few months that I owned it and ended up picking up a new 9. But at least I can say I've owned a M car!
Exactly!

When I look back at the cars I drove, I don't want to tell my hypothetical kid(s) that I drove a camry, a jetta, a minivan and a honda. I want to say...I drove a 12 second DSM, a Mustang, a 12 second STi, an Evo X and an M3.

Who knows...I wouldn't mind adding a 911 to that list someday too. ;)

/
/
/
/
/
Old 10-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #1006
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Evo has been sold. My mini-eulogy goes like this: Loved what it could do, but didn't love living with it everyday. It was like dating a hot chick that was bi-polar. Some times it's ****ing amazing, other times you really don't like being near it.

I got $2,000 extra for the mods, which pays them off except for the coils. Not a bad return for a year and 20k of use.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 10-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #1007
nuTinmuch
Tri-State Addict

Member #15637

My Ride:
09 370Z

Send a message via AIM to nuTinmuch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Evo has been sold. My mini-eulogy goes like this: Loved what it could do, but didn't love living with it everyday. It was like dating a hot chick that was bi-polar. Some times it's ****ing amazing, other times you really don't like being near it.

I got $2,000 extra for the mods, which pays them off except for the coils. Not a bad return for a year and 20k of use.
Controversial question time!

Is it still like the older STi vs. Evo battle, where the STi is a lot easier to live with daily, but can't perform next to the Evo on asphalt?
Old 10-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #1008
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuTinmuch View Post
Controversial question time!

Is it still like the older STi vs. Evo battle, where the STi is a lot easier to live with daily, but can't perform next to the Evo on asphalt?
Nah. Those days ended in 2008 between those two cars.

Now do you mean the M3 vs the Evo? In that case, yeah, the M3 is a better daily car by far because its a friggin BMW. haha

/
/
/
/
/
Old 10-23-2011, 12:06 AM   #1009
TunedIS300
Tri-State Addict

Member #5696

My Ride:
family sedan.

Send a message via AIM to TunedIS300
congrats! i love my evo had it for a month but driving it everyday seem to be harsh...if u dnt mind me asking was the evo traded in and how much did u get for it. just curious.
94 boosted civic-sold
11 lancer-current
TunedIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:12 AM   #1010
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIS300 View Post
congrats! i love my evo had it for a month but driving it everyday seem to be harsh...if u dnt mind me asking was the evo traded in and how much did u get for it. just curious.
Thanks!

$24,000

/
/
/
/
/
Old 10-23-2011, 01:07 AM   #1011
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
awwww. I'll make sure to keep up with your M3 thread, ha.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote